Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Too Many Subjects Going On Here

I am going to try and be moderate in my response.<P>I think that Canvey are likely to be on a high weekly wage, they are a quality side and quality costs money. If Canvey are guilty of it, well just about every other team in this league are, that goes for Gravesend, Billericay, Braintree and Chesham, we all have squads which are not strictly sustainable by fanbase alone (with the possible exception of Aldershot).<P>This is a tightrope, the K's were paying £15,000 a week for a team who were probably worth about £5000 a week, it all went down the drain. Football at this level is a business, but not a profit making one, most teams rely upon benefactors.<P>Jeff King, not unlike Graham Westley, has made the decision to speculate to accumulate. I don't have a problem with that and neither do Canvey fans, Jeff King is also a lot less arrogant than Westkey. <P>After all did you hear anyone complain about Blackburn winning the premier league because they bankrolled the team? I was more overcome by the fact they achieved it.<P>I know and understand the point you're making carjam, but I can't see that makes any difference at all and Canvey certainly wouldn't be a disgrace to the conference. As for the daggers, I don't think anyone doubts their pedigree, their ground may be too small for your liking but once you are successful through the gates, you can change that.

I don't think Billericay are bankrolled to a great extent, we have one of the smallest squads in the top half of the table, and (so far) one of the larger attendances. Much of the extra expenditure goes on the ground improvements, which are continuing. <P>The problem that a club that is heavily bankrolled <I>could</I> face is if the "Jack Walker" type figure leaves, leaving the club with payments it would struggle to make. Throwing money around doesn't guarantee success, so fair play to the likes of Blackburn and Canvey for what they've achieved, but it'll be interesting to see if that success can be maintained when/if Jeff King leaves Canvey.

but gazza your saying the same thing as carjam ..you dont know how much rod moore pumps into ricay anymore than you know how much jeff king does, or who ever else is involved in the 2 clubs.. we havnt paid out for any big signings (5k for duffers years ago and cobby this year for less i believe) are the big ones..hardly veron size is it? so maybe shrewd purchasing allows more leeway on the salary front, and not spending every penney on comfy seats for the fat boys to sit down on in the ground tongue.gif" border="0

I don't believe this guys got us running around looking at our clubs bank accounts - either you've got or you ain't - at the end of the day we will find fault with who ever gets promotion - last year Aldershot said it was because Farnborough were underwritten to the extent they could afford high wages - this year we will be saying Canvey did it cos they have millions or Aldershot did but its taken Borg five years and hundreds of thousands of pounds of investment - so what!!<P>If you do it you're up a league and your finances are no longer our/carjams excuses but another club will come along and take your place.<P>How many non league clubs make it to Div 3 with a bank balances and players wage healthier than the rest of Div 3? Nearly everyone of them cos at the end of the day money talks - teams with it will progress - teams without it will always make good Ryman premier clubs!!<P>Please lets cut this thread before we all cut our throats - or carjams - now that's a thought - hey keep this going just a tad longer!! rolleyes.gif" border="0

SteveP Chesham - Thank you.<P>Carjam & Andy - My point regarding League players can be read on most Club websites under Player profiles; I of course, did just that, before I made my statement, its there for all to visit and read! <BR>Canvey have a quality squad, I would obviously agree with that, but they are not all ex Leaguers, have a look and read.<BR>I will say this, success is an attraction to players, it is also the same for supporters, I have supported Canvey from our Essex Senior days and I have witnessed a growing number of regular supporters at Park Lane and yes of course we get the glory hunters on the special occassions, that is human nature (annoying to us regulars) and it is something that will never change, it will happen at every club in the country even Gravesend & Northfleet.<BR>At the end of the day the glory hunters still pay their money through the turnstiles, Canvey had a lot of people through their turnstiles last season; is that not the purpose of success, need I say more?

We have tried to set our budget on a break even basis of an attendance of 450 per match. At least that was the position at the start of the season.<P>You will see that on most occasions that we sign a player, we have to let one go to balance the books. Mind you with the FA Cup prize money and the increasing attendances, it may be that we can now increase the squad as we go for the championship.<P>Our biggest problem is that we don not have a reserve side, which means that we cannot keep players in matches if they are not in the first team.

Don't mean to bring all this back up again but I have to ask the question to Carjam!<BR>why is it such a big deal with you that a club has players that you say "earn megga bucks" so god **** what! let me ask you if your club had come into money and had the chance to spend a few quid, what would you say to that? No? <BR>somehow I don't think so! maybe we are pretenders but by christ it's great fun pretending watching your chosen club do so well in so many cup runs etc etc etc!<BR>Sour grapes thats what I think your problem is carjam!<P>P.S<BR>Gazza pass me one of your funny sticks, I have a feeling I might need it!!<P>[ 25 October 2001: This message was edited by: canfan ]<p>[ 25 October 2001: This message was edited by: canfan ]

Sour Grapes indeed. Perhaps so when you win the title. We know that wont happen though dont we. Takes more than just money you know.<P>If the Fleet had the money, i should be delighted and then concerned if things did not go as planned. First thing though would be to sort out the ground and the pitch. That's already been achieved. Are you really sure that your place is OK. It seemed far from up to standard last season (actually it was a bit of a dump).<P>What you should do is amalgamate with GNFC. The new club could be called Gravesend & Northfleet CI. Play your games in Kent with the reserves playing on CI. Your fan base would then be up to scratch and you wouldn’t have to spend all that money on your pitch and so on. Their problem solved.<P>The definition of army: ‘Great Number Of Men armed for Warfare’. You cannot be serious on either count. Please remove that silly untruth from the end of your messages.<P>CarJam<BR>Enjoy your weekend

Carjam - I would say that if there two things that you are really good at, it is firstly, starting off incredibly long message threads and secondly the way you are so blatantly obnoxious and arrogant in the way go about doing so.<BR>Then again you do support Non-League football even though its Gravesend & Northfleet, so I suppose we must give you some leaway in trying to figure out your thinking, although I wouldn't paint all G & N supporters the same way.<BR>I dont seem to notice your title on the G&N Forum, have you been banned? wink.gif" border="0

Thanks, I think there is a compliment in there somewhere. I have used the forum, not lately and I most certainly haven’t been banned. I actually had a website of my own dedicated to the 'Fleet, something like six or seven seasons ago, certainly before the current far superior site was up or Canvey were up for that matter. That point is just to show how dedicated I am and hence don’t like to here them being knocked. It works both ways. Please don’t take everything I say too seriously. This particular website is for fans to have fun, and a little bit of winding up must add to it, just a bit. I have nothing against Canvey and admire all non-league fans for their dedication. They just cannot face the truth though (certain Canvey fans that is).<P>Carjam

Originally posted by carjam:<BR>[QB]Sour Grapes indeed. Perhaps so when you win the title. We know that wont happen though don't we. DO WE??? oh I see you have a crystal ball..<BR>If the Fleet had the money, i should be delighted. So what's wrong with Canvey having a few quid to spend????<BR>First thing though would be to sort out the ground and the pitch. Is that so, the ground is far more important then your team is it??? Oh and by the way Canveys ground is up to standard for the conference, I would have thought rather than spend fruitlessly on the possibility of promotion it would be far more practical to get some descent players with the money and try and win the promotion in the first place.<BR>That's already been achieved. Are you really sure that your place is OK. YES!!!! <P>What you should do is amalgamate with GNFC. Yeh right so you can then say you have a descent team playing in Kent!!ha ha 2 hopes there!!<BR>The definition of army: ‘Great Number Of Men armed for Warfare’. Actually there are 4 different definitions to Army "Loads of people getting together for a purpose" and before you say it there is no defined number when the word loads is used so I would consider 400 people loads and supporting CIFC a purpose. <BR>All your threads seem to be based on assumption carjam, get your facts right then comment with some intelligence!<BR>and I will have a good weekend watching Canvey play with the YELLOW ARMY in support..<P>SO just for you carjam FOREVER YELLOW ARMY! YELLOW ARMY YELLOW ARMY YELLOW ARMY..

Carjam, why are you so obviously jealous of Canvey? So we have got a great financial backing, so what? Who said that you have to raise all your players from the youth team and turn them into first team players? If a decent player comes along and Jeff wants him then he'll try and buy him. I thought that the way to win the league is to have the best team. Saying this, our record signing is only £5000, not exactly big money. Criticise the way the team plays (if you can) by all means, but don't have a go at us for our ambition. WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE SING WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE!!!!

err, this may come as a bit of a shock to you. Look carefully at the posts. It's not me thats obsessed with your money. I still say that your clubs too small and will eventually fall away. It's you chaps that are obsessed. Face it.<P>CarJam<BR>Enjoy your weekend

Once again, Great at keeping things going Carjam but you have it wrong once again. You have forgotten the wordings of your previous posts; scroll through them, all of them, for the next few hours and you will identify that it is you that instigates the assumed financies of Canvey FC, therefor it is you who has the obsession.<BR>That reply of yours just does not wash with me mate.