Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 21-November 17 )

• Photo
    MartinBFC

• Photo
    rvr

• Photo
    The Mayor Of Simpleton

• Photo
    Zippy

UNDERHILL IS OUR NEW HOME...me thinks..

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
45 replies to this topic

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Mr chairman has always played games with the fans, that's why the club split into EFC and ETFC. This brinkmanship has happened before and will probably happen again. Is he waiting to see what division EFC will be in? Looks like Ryman 1 unless they put together a long winning run.

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
five days to go and still no anouncement. this is either a terrible shambles or its cheshunt. why? because a quick announcement with only a day or two to do something will stop any protests from the cheshunt council.
any better explainations out there?

offline MK James

MK James
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
  • Supports: Enfield & Brimsdown United (2010)

Yes!

Reason 1. We are not sure of which division we will be playing next season, there is more than 1 option being discussed

Reason 2. We will purchase and share the ground-obviously the fans of that team may not take kindly to that

Reason 3. It's outside of the borough

Reason 4. We don't want another 'club' to muscle in on our plans

Although your reason might be right!

offline The Invisible Man

The Invisible Man
  • National Squad - 1st XI
1. You may not know for certain by April 1st which division you'll be in. You may be down for certain by then (let's hope not) but it is unlikely that you will be 100% certain of safety. The only difference is whether the ground has an A or a B grade.

2. If there is a choice between 2 or more grounds, how are you going to purchase the ground in a day or two? These things take time - there are solicitors and all sorts of people in suits involved! If this was the case then yes, the indigenous fans will be most dischuffed.

3. This is no surprise.

4. Now who on earth would want to muscle in? Certainly not ETFC - we do not want to play outside the borough, its the very reason for our existence, and by next season we'll be very happy in a B grade ground in the borough, thank you.

I am rather sceptical about the purchase of a ground, quite frankly, I smell a Lazism here. But be wary if he does buy something that's not in the green belt - he'll build houses on it for sure. And - will there be a night club or other income generating facility, as that was one of his main excuses for flogging Southbury Road, remember. Hereckoned that Eros had taken all the business away from the Starlight (like they had the same customer base!)

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
What if Laz announces on the 1st april......."SORRY, I've tried everything to find us a ground but have been hindered every step of the way (blameing everyone else of course). as such, i have no option but to fold the club."

offline The Invisible Man

The Invisible Man
I fear this is more than likely.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus