Jump to content

Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 20-August 17 )

  • Photo
    Andy the Marsh Rat

    Age: 59

  • Photo
    ChorleyClaret

    Age: 36

  • Photo
    Roger Kint

    Age: 52

  • Photo
    skunkster

    Age: 46

  • Photo
    bomaya

    Age: 47

  • Photo
    Outback

    Age: 45

  • Photo
    I know the off side rule

    Age: 52


ETFC

- - - - -

  • Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
29 replies to this topic

#1
offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
    Offline
  • Joined: --
WILL NOT BE GOING IN THE RYMAN NEXT YEAR...HA HA HA HA <img src="/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif" alt="" /> <img src="/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif" alt="" /> <img src="/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif" alt="" /> <img src="/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif" alt="" /> <img src="/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif" alt="" /> <img src="/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif" alt="" /> <img src="/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif" alt="" /> <img src="/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif" alt="" /> <img src="/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif" alt="" /> <img src="/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif" alt="" /> <img src="/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif" alt="" />

#2
offline Ron Merlin

Ron Merlin
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
    Offline
  • Posts: 587
  • Joined: 24 Oct 2001
  • Supports: Enfield Town FC
  • Foes: Guess
Old news, pal. Have you only just heard or something?

#3
offline MK James

MK James
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
    Offline
  • Posts: 3,161
  • Joined: 20 Jan 2003
  • Location: MK
  • Supports: Enfield & Brimsdown United (2010)

it takes a long time for news to travel that far north! <img src="/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif" alt="" />

#4
online Tom S

Tom S
  • Reserves Coach
    Online
  • Posts: 1,902
  • Joined: 3 Dec 2001
Quote:
Old news, pal. Have you only just heard or something?


I think it's just taken him 2 weeks to read the Gazette article and another 2 weeks to type his reply. Or possibly they only let him out of his padded cell once a month.

#5
offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
    Offline
  • Joined: --
Quote:
WILL NOT BE GOING IN THE RYMAN NEXT YEAR...HA HA HA HA <img src="/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif" alt="" /> <img src="/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif" alt="" /> <img src="/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif" alt="" /> <img src="/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif" alt="" /> <img src="/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif" alt="" /> <img src="/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif" alt="" /> <img src="/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif" alt="" /> <img src="/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif" alt="" /> <img src="/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif" alt="" /> <img src="/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif" alt="" /> <img src="/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif" alt="" />


Dont be so sure. if you can get a homeless club senior status in 2 days, play in the vase when you don't qualify anything can happen.

#6
offline Mr Happy

Mr Happy
  • Youth Team Coach
    Offline
  • Posts: 9,978
  • Joined: 5 Dec 2001
  • Supports: Enfield Town & Spurs
  • Foes: Gooner scumbags
What do you mean about us not qualifying for the Vase. In our first season we were formed too late to enter the Vase so entered (and won) the Capital Counties Feeder League Trophy (the Cherry Red Trophy). We were eligable to enter this season and got through to the second round proper. get your facts right.

#7
offline MK James

MK James
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
    Offline
  • Posts: 3,161
  • Joined: 20 Jan 2003
  • Location: MK
  • Supports: Enfield & Brimsdown United (2010)
Correct-you don't qualify for the Vase as such, you apply the season before just like you would if you wish to join a new league. The qualifying rounds for the FA Vase are just called that because otherwise they'd have the 10th round or something like that when they reach the latter stages.

Anybody else need any useless non-league stats just try me <img src="/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif" alt="" />

#8
offline Mr Happy

Mr Happy
  • Youth Team Coach
    Offline
  • Posts: 9,978
  • Joined: 5 Dec 2001
  • Supports: Enfield Town & Spurs
  • Foes: Gooner scumbags
I don't get your reasoning. We applied to enter the 2002/03 Vaseat the end of the 2001/02 season and were eligible to enter.

#9
offline MK James

MK James
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
    Offline
  • Posts: 3,161
  • Joined: 20 Jan 2003
  • Location: MK
  • Supports: Enfield & Brimsdown United (2010)
sorry mr. happy- what i mean is there has to be a certain amount of notice because the early draws for these competitions are made very early in the pre-season. you can't apply in July. also the fa would have been a bit wary of a brand new club sharing a then ungraded ground. I believe even the fixture compiler for the ESL had problems fitting in early ETFC fixtures, not helpedof course by the cricket.

#10
offline The Invisible Man

The Invisible Man
  • National Squad - 1st XI
    Offline
  • Posts: 5,862
  • Joined: 17 Oct 2001
As in all competetions, the Vase has a latest date. In 2001-2 we missed it, on the entirely reasonable grounds of not existing at the time. Otherwise, we would been in, as we were a Senior club registered with a county FA and with a place in a senior County League and with a registered home ground with the necessary floodlights.

Thus, we entered for the present season and a jolly good time was had by all. We even had a player booked for shouting"boo" at an opponent! Classic stuff.

#11
offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
    Offline
  • Joined: --
Quote:
As in all competetions, the Vase has a latest date. In 2001-2 we missed it, on the entirely reasonable grounds of not existing at the time. Otherwise, we would been in, as we were a Senior club registered with a county FA and with a place in a senior County League and with a registered home ground with the necessary floodlights.

Thus, we entered for the present season and a jolly good time was had by all. We even had a player booked for shouting"boo" at an opponent! Classic stuff.


All that may be true but the ground where you 'play' is not actually up to the FA conditions for qualifying. Don't know if you played any at "home" but your opponants could have put in a complaint and WON.

#12
offline Ron Merlin

Ron Merlin
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
    Offline
  • Posts: 587
  • Joined: 24 Oct 2001
  • Supports: Enfield Town FC
  • Foes: Guess
Your point being, Mr Lazarou?

#13
offline Mr Happy

Mr Happy
  • Youth Team Coach
    Offline
  • Posts: 9,978
  • Joined: 5 Dec 2001
  • Supports: Enfield Town & Spurs
  • Foes: Gooner scumbags
Quote:
Quote:
As in all competetions, the Vase has a latest date. In 2001-2 we missed it, on the entirely reasonable grounds of not existing at the time. Otherwise, we would been in, as we were a Senior club registered with a county FA and with a place in a senior County League and with a registered home ground with the necessary floodlights.

Thus, we entered for the present season and a jolly good time was had by all. We even had a player booked for shouting"boo" at an opponent! Classic stuff.


So why is it then that Brimsdown play in the FA Vase and have done for some time then?

All that may be true but the ground where you 'play' is not actually up to the FA conditions for qualifying. Don't know if you played any at "home" but your opponants could have put in a complaint and WON.


#14
offline The Invisible Man

The Invisible Man
  • National Squad - 1st XI
    Offline
  • Posts: 5,862
  • Joined: 17 Oct 2001
You have the advantage of me sir, I do not have a copy of the FA Competetion Rules, but I have been led to believe that the ground is in fact up to Vase standards. I stand to be corrected, but as Happy says, we have played there in the Vase and so have Brimmo for some years. I can't see how it's any worse than Wroxham's ground.

I also understand that we will play in the FA Cup next season.

FA ground standards are much less stringent (and more realistic) than most League requirements.





#15
offline Cyclops

Cyclops
  • First XI - Sub
    Offline
  • Posts: 1,117
  • Joined: 3 Dec 2001
The rules are basically that you have to have a fence surrounding the pitch, which Brimmo has, a concrete path along one side, which Brimmo has, some minimal cover, which Brimmo has and lights of a standard which I think is actually lower than that required by the Spartan-South Midlands League, which Brimmo has. Other than that the requirements are to do with the club itself (e.g. playing in a senior competition -- strangely enough I am pretty sure it doesn't say it has to be a league -- and getting your application in by a deadline date which we missed for our first season but not for this one). The Vase criteria are very low and quite a lot of clubs playing intermediate and junior football have grounds which meet them (but they don't play in a senior competition). I think I read somewhere that this is so that a club progressing into senior football can go straight into the Vase without having a whole load of extra hurdles to jump on top of the ones that its new league imposes on it.

#16
offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
    Offline
  • Joined: --
Quote:
The rules are basically that you have to have a fence surrounding the pitch, which Brimmo has, a concrete path along one side, which Brimmo has, some minimal cover, which Brimmo has and lights of a standard which I think is actually lower than that required by the Spartan-South Midlands League, which Brimmo has. Other than that the requirements are to do with the club itself (e.g. playing in a senior competition -- strangely enough I am pretty sure it doesn't say it has to be a league -- and getting your application in by a deadline date which we missed for our first season but not for this one). The Vase criteria are very low and quite a lot of clubs playing intermediate and junior football have grounds which meet them (but they don't play in a senior competition). I think I read somewhere that this is so that a club progressing into senior football can go straight into the Vase without having a whole load of extra hurdles to jump on top of the ones that its new league imposes on it.


Cyclops,

I have the qualifying criteria in font of me (they are also on the FA web site) and MINIMUM GROUND STANDARDS are paraphrased as follows:

1. Min lux 120
2. Permant hard standing on three sides of ground (FA CUP) one for vase - one metre width
3. playing area must be entirely enclosed by a permanent fixed barrier.
9. FA Cup - unimpeded protected passage MUST be provided. Vase - a walkway

These are ones which you (and of course Brimsdown) may struggle on.

There are a number of other ones such as safety certs, area for visiting official hospitality and public toilets which also make interesting reading!

All academic really as you did play this season but as a previous poster suggests - does the ground actually qualify?

Please note I not trying to fan flames, I'm just answering your post with readily available information. It is up to others to draw their own conclusions.

Derek

#17
offline MK James

MK James
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
    Offline
  • Posts: 3,161
  • Joined: 20 Jan 2003
  • Location: MK
  • Supports: Enfield & Brimsdown United (2010)

derek- I'm worried why you have the criteria right in front of you- is there a chance our new ground's not going to be up to scratch?

#18
online Tom S

Tom S
  • Reserves Coach
    Online
  • Posts: 1,902
  • Joined: 3 Dec 2001
Nothing sinister - as a club secretary he'll know where to look for these things.

Anyway, on point 2, how is 'hard standing' defined? The pitch surrounds at Brimmo are fairly hard when they've been trodden down by 200 pairs of feet!

#19
offline MK James

MK James
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
    Offline
  • Posts: 3,161
  • Joined: 20 Jan 2003
  • Location: MK
  • Supports: Enfield & Brimsdown United (2010)

He was looking at it anyway! Only 5 days now Derek- when are we gonna find out? Pleeeeeasssssse?

#20
offline Mr Happy

Mr Happy
  • Youth Team Coach
    Offline
  • Posts: 9,978
  • Joined: 5 Dec 2001
  • Supports: Enfield Town & Spurs
  • Foes: Gooner scumbags
thought you knew smart ass!




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus