Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bore Draw

ronin

Not tonight it wasn`t bounce

What a great game to watch, it had everything. Great goals,great saves,silly mistakes and total commitment from both sets of players.

Very impressed with Ware`s attacking play but we also played some great stuff with Danny Curran getting an outstanding goal.

I thought Ware had won it towards the end but Wiseman pulled off a fantastic save applause

In fairness to Ricky he's made an outstanding save right at the end to make up for the earlier mistake he made on their first goal.

Agree, great game to watch. Both attacks were excellent but neither defence were that hot.

Ware were probably the best attacking side I've seen at the Lane this season. Played some great football at times but then again so did we.

Two well taken goals by Ruggy who had a great game. Is starting to find his scoring boots again. So is Danny Curran. Now 5 goals in 7 games and a superbly taken volley tonight.

Shame about his injury but Gab was a decent replacement and provided an exciting and hardworking performance.

Would have taken a point before the game just dissapointing to score 4 goals and not win although a draw was probably the right result.

So they get the best attack award and the quietest fans award as well whistle

Brilliant match, thought we'd lost it and won it on many occasions. Would have taken a draw to keep our 8 match undefeated run going, though would have said it would have been a 0-0 rather than a 4-4.

Batchy for Manager of The Month!

It was amazing and a point was certainly fair. I think if it had gone on any longer, Ware would have taken the points, as our defending was woeful. It didn't seem like we played the same defence as that against Maidstone.

I don't want to put a dampner on things (I don't see how I could, really), but...

For me, the biggest foul-up of the night was playing Colin Wall. He made mistake after mistake and could have been sent off on two occasions. The first was the penalty decsision. Now whether it was a penalty or not is neither here nor there, but a different referee would have given him a straight red for that foul. Minutes later and he fouls again. I couldn't see what happened clearly, but it didn't look too bad. Anyway, if the ref had done his job properly the first time round, Colin would have gone for the second foul, but as he wasn't booked for giving away the penalty, he stayed on.

Next (I think, I'm not sure about the order here), he puts Ricky in an awkward position forcing him to collect what some would call a pass-back. Again, another ref and that could have been an indirect freekick.

Colin seems to lack discipline in his play and his attitude is getting a bit slack. Crow had to shout at him for ages to get him to talk to the ref and receive his yellow card. That shouldn't happen. It seems no coincidence to me that he's always getting himself in trouble with the referees.

I do like Colin, I just think he needs to calm down and pay attention to what he is doing. He's playing centre back, his attention is everything.

Still, hindsight's a wonderful thing.

On the other hand, our attacking play was scintilating during the last half hour or so. Bourney and Leon were pumping in the crosses and it's a shame that more could not have been matched by our frontline. I would have liked to see Lucky come on at some stage, but again, hindsight is wonderful.

What a great game of football to watch. Whenever Ware scored I wasn’t too bothered because I knew that pretty soon we would also score. That notion did peter out as we got towards the end of the second half and, like so many others, I was very happy to share the points.

With an attack force like that, we looked destined for great things.

With a defence like that, we look doomed to struggle.

Ruggy and Curran seem to have it all at the moment and with the fantastic support they received from the players around them, I reckon even I could have scored. What a shame we lack something at the back. Indiscipline, like that shown by Colin Wall will cost us dear in the end and no matter how great a player is, how can they serve you if they are giving away free-kick/penalties or worse, sitting out match bans for accumulated yellow cards. But then there is the other side; without Colin’s aggression we do look a bit limp-wristed at the back. Perhaps when Dobbo is fit again he can bridge that gap.

Felt Crow put in a very good performance but I do feel sorry for him. Being nearly 75 years old he must be finding it something of a struggle to keep appearing in every game, especially when we get mid-week games. Batchy has to use him, but he must also build in some contingency plans so that Crow can be excused some of the pressure he is under when pace and agility is needed in defence. There was an element of that last night when the back four was reformed during the first half to relieve Crow of some of that pressure.

On the whole, great game and another step along our learning curve. Keep it up lads.

BTW – What a disappointing crowd. 210 was it? Surely Canvey folk aren’t turning into armchair footy fans, preferring to watch Man U when they could be shivering down the lane???

He's set a few goals up this season via free kicks and his record from the penalty spot is very impressive.

Just picking up on Merv's comment about the low crowd last night, I think my post earlier this month still holds water.

Through no fault of the club most home games have been played on Tuesdays and a lot of people cannot make this midweek night. I think that if the team keep performing as well as they have and the entertainment is as good as last night appears to have been then when we go into 2008 with two Saturday games each month and the likes of Sudbury, Edgware and Dartford (Easter Monday) to visit then the crowd figures will rise.

Also if we keep producing the results there will be the extra incentive for "stayaways" as the play offs or even the title will be up for grabs.

Based on last season, we should get a very healthy figure for Tilbury at home (516 last season, if I'm not mistaken). That was the August Bank Holiday and this time it's 29 December, a Saturday, so we should expect something similar.

Dartford should be a big gate too.

It would've been a great game for a neutral and if I'm brutally honest I think it was only the fact that we have two well co-ordinated and hardworking forwards, that we managed to get the point from this game.

Last night was the best case so far that Fanibuyan is wasted as a defensive midfielder. He compensated for Danny very well and I felt deserved a goal himself.

Every player is entitled to a bad game and while he was overshadowed by Colin Wall's charade, it wasn't Jon Stuart's night either and I really rate him. He let the ball run across him for one goal and was too far upfield for another. Saying that the balls that evaded him were coming from deep and if we had someone, (other than Fanibuyan) willing to put their foot in and not make some half-hearted attempt to get the ball then perhaps those crosses wouldn't have found their man.

As for Colin, well it looks to me that when he doesn't want to bother, he'd get himself sent off just so he can have a break. I would also go as far to say I'm of the same opinion with Clydie Roberts, who hasn't looked interested most of this season. I feel he is our wink link in the middle and is too lightweight for the holding role.

If we could have a back four of West, Colin, Edwards and Stuart, Crow could fill in for Clydie and he can be used as a good substitute for Leon who has to work his backside off for 90 minutes. I'd like to see something like:

---------- Wiseman -----------

West - Colin - Edwards - Stuart

---------- Davidson -----------

Gordon ----------------- Bourne

---------- Fanibuyan ----------

--- Rugg -------- D. Curran ----

And ultimately have Kreyling in for Colin and Dobbo for Davidson where possible, and rotating if needed.

If i was Colin Wall & Clydie Roberts i`d be rather upset with your comments, the game is all about opinions but to say he "dosen`t want to bother" is rather insulting.

Wall has made mistakes but he also made a goal saving block and looked dangerous at every corner we had last night. As for Roberts, i make no secret that i`m a fan of his and while i don`t think he`s playing his best at the moment he is still worth his starting place.

Roberts was immense against both Brentwood and Enfield Town. Have to admit, his form has been in and out at times this season but still a quality player.