Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bore Draw

ronin

Originally Posted By: ronin
If i was Colin Wall & Clydie Roberts i`d be rather upset with your comments, the game is all about opinions but to say he "dosen`t want to bother" is rather insulting.

On their day they can be immense players, unfortunately they're few and far between at present and I feel they're only in the starting XI because of our injuries. They both only seem to be getting in the game when they see fit.

I can't believe you'd drop Edgar, Matt.

I don't understand the fascination with playing a 'holding' player. Nobody ever needed one before and it only came up when everyone realised how atrocious Gerrard and Lampard are together. We have good enough centre backs to be able to play a standard 4-4-2, or a 5-3-2 if we want to.

Fanibuyan warrants his place above Edgar easily. Remember, at the start of the season we wasn't even sure if Edgar and Roberts would be with us, they were trying to get into teams elsewhere. Canvey have always played with a holding midfielder, even in a flat four. Sedgmore, Tilson, Stimson have always had the defensive role and Minton, Berquez, Miller etc have been allowed to push forward. Even in a flat four, which is what we play mostly, Fanibuyan pushing forward and Dobbo, (when he's fit) holding looks like our strongest duo.

Edgar has been good in the last few weeks. It's not only his shooting and surging runs but his passing has also been excellent. Played a couple of passes last night that were absolute quality.

Still needs to work on his tackling. At times he doesn't commit to 50/50 balls. He also holds on to the ball too long on occasions for my liking but is getting better in that respect.

Guest MOB Snr

F^cking experts!

I have read some silly threads, some of the comments on here are a joke.

We are building a great side of footballers who work their nuts of to play for us for practicly nothing.

Ok when we were in the Conference and players were getting £1000 a week (allegedly) and not breaking their neck every game, I was OK with a bit of criticism.

Anyone who says that our boys are not trying hard enough or not committing to tackles is talking bollox.

I wish all you self appointed pundits would stop coming out with stupid comments "at times he doesnt commit", "hasnt looked interested", "always played a holding midfielder" what utter drivel.

Anyone at Maidstone or at Home against Ware who would swap those games for some of the crap we saw in the conference needs looking at.

Last night was a very exciting game made better by one of the most attacking sides I have seen at the Lane for a long while, we had goal mouth incidents, sublime football, errors, penalties, saves off the line, cross bars and some excellent tactical play, how can you even think about criticising!!

Gaining maximum effort from players is reasonably easy when they are selected in positions they can both understand their role and use their own particular skills to the maximum.

Add to the mix the style the management are looking to achieve and you have the puzzle in selection all management face.

We mostly believe we want a football on the floor type side that is effective and interesting to watch I.E the old Wimbledon were effective but watching telex was more exciting.

If we really do wish to part with cash to watch a passing side then you cannot have a mid-field centrally where each player must do a trick before passing that way all rhythm is lost

To find a rhythm for a passing side you cannot wellie the ball forward (as a policy) from the back four, playing long balls into channels is not the first instinct of a passing side.

No successful side ever picked the best eleven they are put together using the most effective eleven so when as fans we chant for our favourites we have to allow for the shape the manager is attempting to achieve.

Oh dear! I promise I am not attempting to talk down to fans with strong opinions reference certain players but am simply outlining my own strong opinions.