Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

When the referee simply isn't good enough

Merv

Originally Posted By: Scuba Steve
Does anybody have any idea how long the fa will take to issue a report?

The other abandoned games happened in October (9th & 27th) and they have yet to be dealt with so i expect this to drag on for a while yet.

Merv you are a marvel, ever thought about taking up Teaching ? Sudburyroyal, thank you for your comments and passing on that info about the Witham officials, obviously very worried some shhhit might stick.

I overheard a convesation at work today, one of the lads was talking about the riot that took place at Witham. I spoke to him afterwards, knowing that he never went to Canvey games. I asked what he had heard and he said, somebody in the pub Saturday night had shown his mates a mobile phone video of the Witham players swinging there fists from above the wire fence, he was told it was as clear as daylight. I have asked him to try to get the video sent to my phone or to get the person who has it to show the officials at Canvey, fingers crossed. He obviously dose not join this forum or we would of heard this sooner.

Originally Posted By: sudburyroyal
Thought I would let you know that the Witham officials at Sudbury tonight were telling anyone who would listen what a bunch of animals your fans are and that we should segregate you when you come to the kingsmarsh and we should employ loads of stewards. A couple of us told them that we have always got on well with you, that we were looking forward to the annual "singfest" in the shed and that there will not be segregation when you come. They are seriously on the offensive though and trying to make out that everything was the Canvey fans fault. Every time I walked past a Witham official they had the ear of someone different. Not good.

They are just trying to save their own bacon by creating a smear campaign. It doesn't matter what they do now because in the end of the day, Canvey fans were not to blame. Its not like the FA is gonna listen to say-so.

The facts that can be proved and not just made up like the lies from Witham is that THEIR player tried to ATTACK OUR supporters.

We might get a little fine, generally because of the incident, but Witham will have the same fine, maybe even more because it was their player who can be proved to have been attacking supporters.

And despite their smear campaign, i can guarantee that their player will be banned for a very long time.

Sorry Chalky i don`t share your optimism about the F.A. but i hope you`re right.

I think both clubs will be fined and i think it will be in the thousands rather than hundreds and probably wipe out some or all of the prize money we have won in the Trophy.

Didn't get time to listen on Monday but the Witham game was talked about with Ryman League chairman Alan Turvey on BBC London's Non League Radio show.

If you go on their site and go on the 'listen again to the show' option it's about 28 minutes in.

I would still like to see the referees reason for the abandonment, what is he going to put in to the F.A. because when he eventually abandoned the game there wasnt any problems. The only thing i can think is that he took the word of their Chairman who was the only one overreacting. He must have listened to his histerical ranting and thought there was a riot going on, aspecially if he was also told by this idiot that the police were on the way. What were our officials told about the reasons for the ref to abandon the game, or did anybody actually ask.

I guess the referee`s report will say he couldn`t guarantee the safety of the players or some such rubbish.

What i would like to know is what happens to the bookings that were issued and did the ref issue a red card to any Witham player(s) for violent conduct?

As an outsider it's really sad to read this thread and rather surprising. I wasn't at the match so I have no idea what happened and it's none of my business, but I guess everyone involved is disappointed.

What I do know is that you will all be made very welcome at Dartford on Boxing Day. Visit the clubhouse, have a beer and say "Hello". There will be no segregation in the ground, bring as many as you can, make as much noise as you want to - you'll be up against some dedicated singers behind the goal you're defending.

Enjoy the Princes Park experience - perhaps 1200+ if you bring a few. Should be a good game.

Thanks for that Bazza. I imagine we'll bring 150-200 to your place on Boxing Day, should be a cracking match if both teams keep up their current form.

I am also looking forward to seeing your ground, looks fantastic from what I've seen.

Nice to know some clubs generally want to let us come to play and are willing to make judgements after we have been there. What was it that Sudbury fan said earlier? That they were preparing for trouble with us. Why?

The only reason i can think is that it is a Northern Essex thing not liking us near the Thames and then they overreacted in their whole set up. From the players on the pitch to the chairman.

But thank you for your kind words Dartford fan. Much apreciated and we look forward to coming down.

By the way, Ronin, you're probably right but wouldn't it be bloody nice if they got it right on this occasion because putting aside Witham's bleating, we didn't do anything.

Guest MOB Snr
Originally Posted By: chalky boy

wouldn't it be bloody nice if they got it right on this occasion because putting aside Witham's bleating, we didn't do anything.

apart from p^ssing in the turnstile!

2fingers

I think we should get the coach driver to park next to the fence and we can watch from there. Then go into the ground to watch the second half, and chear like never before. Dont spend any money in the clubhouse or the burger bar. I for one will not give that club another penny until that chairman has gone.

What a brilliant idea; don't go in until the second half. That way we can cheer the lads on for the last 45 minutes but the Witham chairman will be able to stand and count the number of £7 admission fees he has lost.

That should make him think.

Originally Posted By: canveyspur
I think we should get the coach driver to park next to the fence and we can watch from there. Then go into the ground to watch the second half, and Cheer like never before. Dont spend any money in the clubhouse or the burger bar. I for one will not give that club another penny until that chairman has gone.

My feelings exactly! My hubby and i don't wish to put a penny into that club that we don't have to. Cant believe all the crap that has been written/said about our fans.
Riot? My [****!!****] bootyshake