Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Canvey Island FC in song

'Better not have a chat on here just in case Ribbit doesn't like the opinion'

You could just ignore the threads you dont agree with. But instead you have more or less told me that me having an opinion on something is insulting you. Now that does sound pompous.

I stuck up for you ages ago on here for how you went about things on a certain subject and i have never insulted you before. But you now presume to think its alright to do it to me now coz you dont agree with something i said. Yeah, it does mean you're a nasty sort of bloke if that is your way on things.

And you are not worth mine or anyone elses time on here.

Guest MOB Snr
Originally Posted By: chalky boy
'Better not have a chat on here just in case Ribbit doesn't like the opinion'

You could just ignore the threads you dont agree with. But instead you have more or less told me that me having an opinion on something is insulting you. Now that does sound pompous.

I stuck up for you ages ago on here for how you went about things on a certain subject and i have never insulted you before. But you now presume to think its alright to do it to me now coz you dont agree with something i said. Yeah, it does mean you're a nasty sort of bloke if that is your way on things.

And you are not worth mine or anyone elses time on here.

yay yay yay

"Canvey Island" is a track on the new British Sea Power album "Do you like Rock music"

The song references the 1953 North Sea flood which hit the island and caused the deaths of 58 people along with the early records of the club.

The song mentions the flood and the football team

Here is a snippet of the lyrics

"On Canvey Island, 1953

Many lives were lost

With the records of a football team

I can't believe it's happening

And that it's happening now

I can't believe it's happening

It's coming true somehow

Don't you think it's strange, you know

The way it all works out

Brace yourself for storms and Summer droughts "

BSP are a very good worth well worth looking into if you have not heard of them before.

http://www.britishseapower.co.uk/

http://www.musicomh.com/albums/british-sea-power-3_0108.htm

Edgware Town FC Blog

http://edgwaretown.blogspot.com/

Originally Posted By: ronin
British Sea Power`s album has gone into the chart at number 10 and has also been voted album of the month in the Observer

Just wondering if there's any mutually beneficial PR for both the club and the band to be leveraged out of this......

Thought the song was a bit samey and dull at first, but it kind of grows on ya after a few listens.

Originally Posted By: LOS
Originally Posted By: ronin
British Sea Power`s album has gone into the chart at number 10 and has also been voted album of the month in the Observer

Just wondering if there's any mutually beneficial PR for both the club and the band to be leveraged out of this......

Thought the song was a bit samey and dull at first, but it kind of grows on ya after a few listens.

The fact that BSP are a criticaly respected band even though they dont sell by the truckloads, and that 'Canvey Island' is a track on thier new album witht the football club getting a mention is Kudos indeed.

If it was Edgware being mentioned in a song by the band I would try and get them down for a match as a PR exersize, with the NME and the Non League paper there to take pics!

TGE - I'm sure that is what you remind teams after you have beaten them LOL!!!

Thanks to all you guys for treating Gavin, David and PJ so well on Saturday. They enjoyed their first experience on the Island I am told.

See you in the play-offs at the end of the season unless one of us are Champions.