Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New signing for the Fleet

For those of you that haven't seen either our message board or Hampton's. Yesterday the Fleet signed Hampton skipper Nick Burton.<P>Nick will probably make his debut tomorrow, but is cup tied the following week so there will be no puns available for that match

He has been out on loan at Tonbridge. He is a good friend of Lee Spiller so that may be part of the reason.<P>He is a good squad player, but I can't see him becoming a first team regular with you. (If he does you can kiss any hopes of the championship goodbye) He will have some good games and some average games but far more of the latter.

I find it all it a bit strange, we have Terry Bowes, Lee Spiller, Dereck Brown, Richard Graham (who are all very good)and Ian King (who's also new) who can take roles in the midfield. <P>We need another striker to go with Waynee, there's Paul Fewings (permanently unfit, on loan to Hendon) and Victor Renner (more a good winger than a striker). I think we should go for Sammy Winston from the K's once they resolve matters with him.

I'll be interested to seee how Nick Burton gets on at G&N. He was at Aldershot in our Division 1 days and I always rated him. He has also looked good whenever we have played Hampton.

Who was that woke me up with all that ssssshhhhhhing. Going for a Burton..not us.Hope he does as well for you today as he did for Hampton last Saturday.<BR>Should be a good game for us to go further clear at the top(Oh no..the kiss of death).<BR>The real BTFC. grin.gif" border="0 grin.gif" border="0

Never mind, if it's any consolation your side were very solid for 45 mins yesterday and a little unlucky with the first goal. It was also encouraging to see that you bought a fair bit of support and made the most noise. Good luck for the rest of the season, except for the return of course.<P>Carjam