Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

who will win the league?

smallsy

now you are out of the running for the title who do you honestly see winning it?

its very tight but my money would be on dartford but wouldnt rule out sudbury. maldon have lost purser AND berquez along with paul shave to billericay. i cant see them replaceing them players.

I wouldn't say we are out of the running to win the title but play offs are probably our best bet. We don't seem to have the consistancy to really mount a strong challenge for the title.

I would say it will either be Dartford or Sudbury but neither side seems to be as good or as consistent as Hornchurch or Harlow last season.

Where has Purser gone to, Smallsy?

east thurrock i think mate although i did hear a rumour about heybridge. he didnt do as well as expected when i saw him play.

maldon need to replace them players but only players ive seen go in are a couple of defenders from witham!

maybe you are right about not being completely out of it but you boys seem to slip up in the games like tilbury where you have to go and grind out a result at a sh ithole ground.

maldons defence is good and can keep clean sheets. thats how they done so well last year by keep nicking 1-0 after 1-0. they need a goalscorer if they are to stand any chance.

how strong are brentwood really?

i havent ever seen edgeware play are they serious contenders?

interesting how both brentwood and edgware got promoted last year and are up there!!!!

AFC Sudbury 20 12 4 4 53 19 +34 40

Dartford 19 12 2 5 49 24 +25 38

Edgware Town 20 10 8 2 30 14 +16 38

Enfield Town 20 10 5 5 39 30 +9 35

Maldon Town 19 10 5 4 36 27 +9 35

Ware 17 9 5 3 47 25 +22 32

Brentwood Town 17 8 7 2 30 18 +12 31

Bury Town 18 8 6 4 34 26 +8 30

Redbridge 19 8 7 4 28 21 +7 30

Canvey Island 18 8 5 5 36 21 +15 29

Pre Season I said that Maldon would win the league. However, they seem to have become stronger since losing their big name players, and have really shot up the league. Ware are doing well and are going to be there or there abouts.

I haven't seen AFC Sudbury or Dartford this season, but I'm going to predict:

Champions - Dartford

Playoffs - AFC Sudbury, Ware, Brentwood Town, Canvey Island

maldon v dartford massive agme this week!

enfield town seem to be a poor side from what i hear but they are still up there!

to be fair anyone can sneak the playoffs. aveley in some good form you never know!

I like the idea of quite a few people discounting us. I am fairly confident that we will surprise a few people and be in the mix come the end of the season.

Poor side we are not - side who hasn't played to its full potential for a lot of the 1st part of the season, we are!! I can see why people might have that opinion of us from going to certain games, but are form/performances are steadily improving. We are a side that needed more consistency in its team selection, and I feel we are starting to settle down now.

We are like Spurs, we have not turned up against the better sides in the league so far this season, i.e. Canvey, Dartford, Edgware, Sudbury etc. Hopefully that will change in the return fixtures wink Our next 5 games are against teams no higher than 14th in the table, and I think it is an important spell for everyone over Christmas. Ware's and Brentwood's games in hand don't look so rosy if you keep picking up your points.

This is very much a league where anyone can beat anyone else on their day - apart from Ilford or Wivenhoe maybe shocked

Originally Posted By: Mini-Smith Towner

This is very much a league where anyone can beat anyone else on their day - apart from Ilford or Wivenhoe maybe shocked

certainly agree with you there mini towner but sont think you have enough to win the league. perhaps playoffs i would say.

i would fancy dartford to win

playoffs sudbury, maldon, enfield town + 1 other maybe brentwood/edgeware.

dark horses are bury town and ware

failure will be canvey in my eyes. sorry lads just my opinion.

I think we really need to sort the defence out if we are going to make the play offs.

Was quite impressed with Brentwood when we played them last week. Looked a solid if unspectacular side and think they'll be up there come the end of the season.

Originally Posted By: cantos
,but reckon Northwood could get into the mix by the seasons end.

That's not a bad shout. They've already beaten the likes of Dartford, Sudbury, Maldon plus yourselves in the Trophy.

Their downfall is their failure to beat the sides near them in the table.

This will probably be the kiss of death, but Sudbury are really starting to bang the goals in now, with the last 3 games being 5-1,3-0 and 5-1 against Maldon. We have made the signings we needed and its starting to look very good. We have played most of the top teams away, but not at home, so confidence is high. Dartford are starting to look good, but you also have to look at Ware. It will definatly be closer than last year, but I can see two or three teams getting away from the rest.

I agree with you Smallsy in that we do not have enough to win the league. I believe Dartford or Sudbury will take the title.

It will definitely be a close competition for the playoff places in comparison with previous years, and it will be interesting to see if 2 or 3 teams pull away, and if the new boys Brentwood and Edgware can keep with the pace.

One thing I do know is that Waltham Abbey will not be making the playoffs wink

January looks like a really difficult run for Canvey that could make or break any form of promotion hopes and Canvey as a club, generally drop points over this period. Over the 23rd December to 20th January period last year we dropped 10 of the 15 points on offer.

Need to win our home games to keep in touch with the leaders.

Originally Posted By: YELLOW
Need to win our home games to keep in touch with the leaders.

We need to win our home and away games to keep in touch with the leaders!!