Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

who will win the league?

smallsy

Based on that, Dartford to win the league.

...I don't want that though, because Princes Park is easily the best ground in the league and the most impressive I've been to since I went to Old Trafford/Millennium Stadium (I'm not comparing them). With support that large, which was a pleasure to witness again, Dartford are a club destined for the Conference. I'd love to go there again next year.

Original menu at the refreshment bars, too! tongue

Dart vader, your team did very well today against a very poor Canvey team. I for one don't think i have seen a worse performance from a Canvey team, we had no defence and could easily have been 4 or 5 down at half time if it was not for our keeper making some good one on one saves plus some poor finishing from your forwards. But you took control of the game from the off and we were always second best in any challenge.

No problems with the result and good luck for the rest of the season.

if we don't sort out the defence we will struggle.Tilbury are a physical side who seem to have the knack of beating us .If the players are feeling as disappointed as the fans who made the journey today, then they owe us a big performance against Tilbury. Leon's head wound looked quite nasty saw him just after half time, it's amazing the uses super glue has!!!

Originally Posted By: Matt CIFC
That will be three defeats from four.

No it won't...

Tilbury H Mon 28th Aug 7:45pm 0-2 516
Tilbury A Sat 30th Dec 3:00pm 1-2 156
Tilbury A Mon 27th Aug 3.00pm 2-3 198

So, if we lose on Saturday, that's four from four. I didn't think what I said was that bloody complicated! tongue

Bitterly disappointed with our performance today, if we are to have any chance of reaching the playoffs we must sort out our defence, we also need to score more bloody goals, we do create chances but too often fail to convert them (not just talking about today!) Full credit to Dartford, a good performance and a deserved win.

Ribbit, i understood what you meant about Tilbury, and it has me concerned too. We need, and are owed a big performance come Saturday.

A poor display today defensively. Such a big game but the defence didn't turn up. Could quite easily have been double figures.

Lovely ground. Very impressed with it but not much atmosphere. I'm sure Dartford fans sing more than they did today but it was very subdued. You often find games at Xmas are a bit like that atmosphere wise.

Dartford looked a good side. Their number 11 Williams looked good. Their forwatd Cass had plenty of chances didn't always take them but looked lively everytime he got the ball.

I would say they're favourites for the title now.

Originally Posted By: Ribbit
Originally Posted By: Matt CIFC
That will be three defeats from four.

No it won't...

Tilbury H Mon 28th Aug 7:45pm 0-2 516
Tilbury A Sat 30th Dec 3:00pm 1-2 156
Tilbury A Mon 27th Aug 3.00pm 2-3 198

So, if we lose on Saturday, that's four from four. I didn't think what I said was that bloody complicated! tongue

You didn't say it was four meetings with Tilbury, I thought you were talking about our last four games: Stortford, Northwood, Dartford and then Tilbury.

Guest MOB Snr
Originally Posted By: Scuba Steve
Dart vader, your team did very well today against a very poor Canvey team. I for one don't think i have seen a worse performance from a Canvey team, we had no defence and could easily have been 4 or 5 down at half time if it was not for our keeper making some good one on one saves plus some poor finishing from your forwards. But you took control of the game from the off and we were always second best in any challenge.
No problems with the result and good luck for the rest of the season.

Not the game I watched!!

We held our own for the first half despite two unplanned substitutions forcing us to completly reorganise the team with no tactical options left, even though we fielded a makeshift defense to cover a mass of injuries!

We then concede a seriously dubious penalty forcing us to chase a game we would have to be on top form to win let alone grab a point.

Batchy then throws his hat in the ring and decides to be brave and do what I would hope any manager worth his salt would do and slings Wall into and advanced role, I would rather go down 6 - 1 fighting than settle for a 2 - 1 defensive battle with 10 men behind the ball.

It did not pay off we dropped three points we were going to drop anyway once we lost the penalty.

I saw a brave, committed team going for it, they ran their legs off and left themselves massivly exposed while chasing the game.

Johnny Stuart walked off injured leaving us chasing a game with ten men for twenty minutes, and some mug near me questioned their commitment on the pitch.

If that one that hit the post went in during the first half and Danny and Leon never went off, I fancied us for three points.

We had no luck we certainly did not lack quality or commitment!!!

As for the Yellow Army they out sung the opposition as usual despite the two or three mugs who were stupid enough to shout negative comments at our boys!!

I wonder do people actually watch the game, I heard one bloke complain about Leon Gordons lack of running in the second half, he then started moaning loudly about the defence!!!

Until that penalty was given, for what I dont know, we were more than holding our own, even when we were forced into the early substitutions. Ricky made a couple of goods saves in the first half, but once they scored the penalty there was only going to be one outcome. Dartford weren't anything special, although the ground is something else!!. As for the fans, how quite and unoriginal were they? They were out sung from start to finish, "6-1 and they still dont sing" was the chant from the Yellow Army.

Yeah, but if you were the Dartford chairman, whether your fans sing or not is neither here nor there. For 1000 fans to turn up on Boxing Day and have an average attendance that is more than five times the average of the league, is fantastic and all that matters.

Originally Posted By: Ribbit
Yeah, but if you were the Dartford chairman, whether your fans sing or not is neither here nor there. For 1000 fans to turn up on Boxing Day and have an average attendance that is more than five times the average of the league, is fantastic and all that matters.

ditto