Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Boxing day

Mini Goose

Dartford away

I am right looking forward to this one

Biggest game for Canvey this season so far in my opinion.

Went to Dartford earlier on this season when they played Hornchurch in the trophy and they have got a smart ground with a good home support. We are going to have to be very loud.

We are going to need to be very loud and show them what we are about.

Have we sold all our coach tickets?

I think we can expect the highest crowd in a Ryman One North fixture so far this season on Boxing Day.

Originally Posted By: The Great Eckscape
Sold out before kick off on Saturday. I think we'll take 150-170, with the overall crowd at 1400.

Its gonna take 150 of us to sing very loud if we are going to be able to outsing the home crowd!

The mighty yellow army on tour, we can do it!

Not quite the result i expected. Although you had half descent upfront i think iour defence were poor and could be better. Think Ruggy played very well for us and gave 100%. Shame the score line was such a margin but at the end of the day maybe it will be a wake up call for our team which we need especially if we think we can reach the play offs.

We're not playing as a team but a bunch of individuals at the moment. When we click we're excellent but that rarely happens on a regular basis.

We need to get the defence sorted quickly. Our attack is fine but we won't win matches if we keep conceding at the rate we are at the moment.

Originally Posted By: The Great Eckscape
Need to get our defence organised quickly. We have decent players at the back, but at the moment they just aren't performing.

Organised or not i just don`t think our defence is good enough to keep a half decent attacking side out. Been pleased with West so far this season and Blewer always gives his all when called upon but they need a leader around them who gives them confidence.

Our defensive problems have been plain to see for a long while and we have had players who i think could have cured them, sadly we didn`t have the money to keep them.

I think even with the likes of Kreyling, Dobbo and Crow fit the defence isn't quite good enough to get us out of this division.

We need one or two players at the back and then I think we would have a very good defence.

As Ronin said, we need a leader at the back. Russ Edwards fitted the bill but unfortunately we couldn't keep him.

Saying that we desperately need a bit more steel in the midfield to take the pressure off of the defence.

I think we all have an idea of where the squad needs beefing up but due to the total lack of interest from the folk on the island apart from the 200 - 300 supporters that currently come through the gate we will never be in a position to afford these quality players we all go on about, russ was the perfect example of that. It is up to these players to really step up to the plate and show us the sort of performances we know they have in them.

Guest MOB Snr
Originally Posted By: Scuba Steve
I think we all have an idea of where the squad needs beefing up but due to the total lack of interest from the folk on the island apart from the 200 - 300 supporters that currently come through the gate we will never be in a position to afford these quality players we all go on about, russ was the perfect example of that. It is up to these players to really step up to the plate and show us the sort of performances we know they have in them.

I think you hit the nail on the head, the biggest problem with Canvey and Canvey people is apathy. People never know what they have got until they lose it.

As a non islander I cant believe the lack of local pride by some sections of the community if people soon do not start showing a community spirit the island will end up like a suburb of Pitsea with all the social problems that will come with it.

Its not just football the rugby, cricket and youth clubs on the island are starving for local support and islanders are trotting down the road to Sarfend!!

Originally Posted By: MOB Snr
Originally Posted By: Scuba Steve

As a non islander I cant believe the lack of local pride by some sections of the community if people soon do not start showing a community spirit the island will end up like a suburb of Pitsea with all the social problems that will come with it.

I think that's happened already to some extent frown