Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Just Hang In There Canvey!!

Looking at the remaining fixtures, I can’t see Aldershot picking up too many points after Enfield. Although they are tight at the back, they are not exactly winning 4-0 every week. The teams they are to play after this Saturday can score goals so you never know. Looking at the players available at Hendon the other night, we appear to be down to the bare bones. From that line up, I would of had Davidson in there alongside Chenery instead of Johnson and Brennan as defensive midfield instead of Berquez . We will do well to achieve a win this Saturday with all the players we have out but let’s hope we can battle through. Does anyone know if anyone not available last Tuesday that could make it this Saturday? I still think there are few more twists this season, even after we play Aldershot.

Dobinson might be available Saturday but Boylan limped off near the end at Hendon, don't know whether it's serious or not. I think Aldershot may well lose to Basingstoke, Kingstonian, Sutton and ourselves so we still have a chance albeit a faint one.

I think we'll probably draw with St Albans on Saturday but I think if we can avoid any more defeats there is hope.

Its still interesting up the top, the game against you will be huge, not too worried about St Albans think we will beat them easily enough but Basingstoke and Sutton will be hard games!!! Still cant see you winning all your remaining games so another 4 wins for us should be enough.

Hopefully, the humiliation yesterday will want them to go out in future to prove they are worthy of third spot. They never really recovered after conceeding those two early goals. Surely they must be better than that being in third spot. As I look through the remaining fixtures for both sides, I feel more confident we can still pull this off. With the players being available and with the attitude of yesterday, the only fixture I am concerned about is Sutton away. I can see us beating all the other teams to play including Aldershot. Aldershot will go out against us with 10 men behind the ball as they know they will be soundly beaten if they try to play football against us and a draw will be a good result for them. Hopefully, they will try to make a game of it and not treat us to a bore draw. Let them try to show they are worthy to be champions!, but first things first.

Quote:
I think we'll probably draw with St Albans on Saturday but I think if we can avoid any more defeats there is hope.

Hmm slightly out on that prediction there Mr Army!

Quote:
Its still interesting up the top, the game against you will be huge, not too worried about St Albans think we will beat them easily enough

If we play like we did yesterday then yes, however do you think our payers will allow another performance like that again (I don't think so) and you forget that we just love coming the the rec and picking up 3 points (you've never beaten us there) whereas canvey regually thrash us. And comparing the strikers I think Boylan is slightly better than Stafford Browne. My worst fear for that game is if you need to beat us to secure the title that day .... and manage it.