Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

WHOS GOT WHO THIS SATURDAY??

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Simon BTFC:<BR><STRONG>Tiverton Tn. Quite optimistic (as is my nature) about this one.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I'll be optimistic too! Coming over from Norway to watch this game, and cross my fingers for a good result! My economy doesn't allow me to go back to watch the first round proper if we win, but it would by all means be great if we advanced. Last time was in 98/99, and I think that was the first time we played in the first round proper?

Hi All - we've got - ermm wait hold on it will come to me in a minute - noo can't recall -noo its gone - sorry!!!<P>I know sad eh but I'll do anything to prolong the fantasy that we aren't.......urgghhhhhhhhhh<P>Good luck Bedford - HONEST - don't lose to the lower classes for gauld sake!<P>And Mr BTFC Norway calling - I thought it was 97/98 you last got there - first time too - ddin't you play that shower from fenland country - beat you 3-1?? confused.gif" border="0

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by IRONY_BTFC:<BR><STRONG>And Mr BTFC Norway calling - I thought it was 97/98 you last got there - first time too - ddin't you play that shower from fenland country - beat you 3-1?? confused.gif" border="0</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yes, you're right, I had to check the stats at my own page... rolleyes.gif" border="0 and it stated a 2-3 victory to Wisbech.

Glad to help BTFC Norway calling, sorry I lost one of your goals - but best of luck Saturday in fact best of luck to you all!! wink.gif" border="0 <P><BR>I can afford to be magnamanous I'm off for a ten day work/break in the good old US of A to risk life and limb for my country -I'll think of you all as I learn my decontimination drill - could be of use for the return Eagles trip!!<P>See y'all!! cool.gif" border="0

Mr Irony, you are clearly struggling with your Eagle emotions. One minute you're wishing us well and the next you're talking about decontamination. Go on - give in to your true feelings and admit that you're quite fond of us really, particularly in our current low flying state.<P>It's lucky you are out of the cup if you'll be on the wrong continent for the next round eh? Have a good trip.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Iron knob:<BR><STRONG>Don't worry about Irony, I'll wish ya well Baldie man. by the way hows me old mate Paul Nicholson? Still seeing every match through his aperture?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Apparently (not knowing him), he still does! Got his video of the Bedford-Billericay match at home, it's one of my favourite videos! Trailing with 3-1 at halftime, and then we win 3-4 at the end! I got two more videos which is almost as impressive, to cup videos, QPR-Newcastle in 1985 (I think), QPR trailing 1-5 at halftime, managing 5-5 and a replay! And from 1994 vs Port Vale, trailing 0-4 at halftime, and 4-4 and fulltime. Won the replay this time, if I remember correct. yes, I'm an old QPR-fan!, still following them, but's it's more fun with Billericay! Tomorrow at this time I'm on the plane to London! <BR> grin.gif" border="0

Have finally gotten round to signing up for this thing!<P>We welcome Bedford on Saturday as said above, and this really is a game that could go either way and will be very close. Bedford will bring decent support, and the people of Harlow always turn out in numbers for the big games (despite the poor ground), so I'd expect a crowd over a 1000.<P>Is your man with the video camera taping it Eagle?

A little bit of both actually. We started off with our top striker and midfilder on the bench and our lynchpin at the back sitting in the stand. Slough deserved to win, but 4-0 was a very flattering scoreline. We missed a penalty and one-on-one at 0-0. Two of Slough's goals were very dodgy penalty decisions and they scored three of their goals when we wee down to ten men.<P>There was definately an eye on the cup though. You could see our players shying out of tackles and not taking any chances.<P>It's advisable to get there early tomorrow due to the big crowd expected. Not sure how old you are, but there is a beer festival taking place from 11am next to the ground as well. Hooray!

Hello Arlowman,<P>Yes, I would think he will be there. I just hope he remembers his most powerful zoom lens so he can see what's happening.<P>Should be a great game. After being promoted we no doubt feel a bit superior but I doubt there's much difference myself. What happened to Harlow on Tuesday night - resting everyone for the big cup game or just not very good?