Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Canvey v Edgware

GRS67

It's spelt embarrassing and I agree. The club appear to be on a promotion drive at present to LOSE support rather then gain new support.

Bramley a man who drove from Basingstoke on Saturdays and Midweek for 'home' matches sine he returned to the WLG last season having not watched the club for 50 years deciding not to watch the club anymore.

Bramley's vocal support was superb and added to the 3 vocal supporters (of which I am one) at least made some atmosphere during matches

I know your fans were impressed when he sang solo for 90 mins at the match between our two clubs earlier in the season.

Sadly, Bramley's support was not appreciated by the club and Bramley felt excluded and has decided that its not really worth him making such an effort to follow the club with a round trip of 150 per match to be treated that way and I cant blame him.

So yes, actual Edgware fans around 10/15 add another 5 or so with players family and that will prob be the support that will travel.

If the match is postponed and played in midweek then expect 10 if that!

Guest MOB Snr
Originally Posted By: Linneycifc
Originally Posted By: MOB Snr
You cant beat the old ones!!!
yeah its a shame that !!!! boxing

Its not a shame its embarrassing!!!!

Yep, well done the groundsmen. Have done a fantastic job in preparing the pitch all season.

Are we going to get any luck this season bigcry

Capleton was playing well before pulling up and to loose him at that stage of the game was a big lose, well done to West for filling in and to the team for the way they adjusted to the situation.

Can anyone shed any light as to why the "goal" was disallowed?

I assumed he disallowed it for a push but couldn't really see anything wrong with it. Think even the Edgware players were surprised it was disallowed.

Thought we played really well today. Edgware exploited our one defensive error to score but Mel might have made a save if fit.

After that we didn't allow them to threaten and looked the better side especially in the last ten minutes. Couldn't quite create a clear cut chance to score and certainly Edgware have achieved results this season thanks to a well organised defence.

Thought Jay looked sharp and took his goal well. Gab deserved his man of the match award and keeps getting better and better with each game.

A very spirited performance. I think most of us feared the worse when Mel went off but the defence and midfield protected Westy well and worked hard.

Well done lads.

Guest MOB Snr

If it was dissalowed for a push, I cant see how as it was one of those corners that went straight in. On reflection the ref was poor, the linesmen were quite good except when over ruled by the ref.

Our performance was not bad, a homer ref would have give it to us, were we really worth three points?

Maybe not!

Originally Posted By: Mini-Goose93
not a bad result although i didnt see the game. Quit a good gate aswell by the loks of it. Many of the Edgware lot show up?

Yeh, all 10 of them!!!

Originally Posted By: Mini-Goose93
Quit a good gate aswell by the loks of it. Many of the Edgware lot show up?

324, our best crowd of the season so far.

Our disallowed goal should've stood, even their Keeper said there was nothing wrong with it.

Edgware's performance no way warranted 4th in the league, Westy only had one save to make all game and their defence was crap.

We were inbalanced, with hardly anything coming down the left until Corbell came on, while Fanny was ruling the right side.

We weren't playing with as much width as we had previously and that wasted chances going forward.

Fanibuyan was quality, totally deserved MotM and I think we'll have trouble keeping hold of him at the end of the season.

Referee was [****!!****], he gave the wrong decisions for and against us on numerous occasions - One of those games where he makes us lucky and unlucky all within the 90 minutes.