Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Come and join Canvey and play with internationals

Guest MOB Snr

Originally Posted By: onebreast
mob i reckon if your parents/grandparents were from some tiny carribbean country you could get in their first team aswell !!

Tiny Caribbean country or not, it's still a hell of an achievement, what national accolade do you hold????

Well done to both Danny and Chris. Well deserved.

Guest MOB Snr
mob i reckon if your parents/grandparents were from some tiny carribbean country you could get in their first team aswell !!

WOW! A Bitter comment from the AFC Hx feeder club!

Originally Posted By: LOS
Correct me if I'm wrong but its not the first time. The club has a fairly decent history of other internationals at various levels - and not all from small countries.

I believe that this is the first time we will have had current internationals playing for CIFC.

In the past we've had the likes of Jukka Ruhanen (14 caps for Finland), plus plenty of U21 internationals including Brian Horne (England) and Steve Parmenter (Wales). Julian Dicks also gained a cap for England B.

If anyone can correct me on this the please do.

Originally Posted By: MOB Snr

WOW! A Bitter comment from the AFC Hx feeder club!

Wow a dig about Hornchurch,grow up you W@nker

.....in all the haze, a New Zealand international seems to ring a few bells. Probably mid nineties.....don't remember his name though. Haven't the foggiest wheather he was active or not.

Also, on the semi-pro circuit a few of our boys were called for England (!!). But my point was at someone having a cheapshot and downgrading representing a "small" nation. End of the day its an honour, and over the years the club has ofetn enjoyed that calibre of player - contributing to our heritgae. So as the post says "Come and join Canvey and play with internationals"

Originally Posted By: MOB Snr
Well done Chris & Danny, is this a record for our league!!

Where else can you watch international footballers.

Angels have 2 'internationals'. Both only 18/19 play for England School Boys and have appeared in the first team. Nationals played internationally tongue

Waltham Forest also have two. However, the strange thing about their internationals is that one plays for Dominica and the other for Barbados, so they will actually be playing against each other!

In terms of Non League Internationals, Gavin Cowan, Lee Boylan, Steve Ward, John Kennedy, and Mark Stimson (I think) all received National Game XI call ups whilst at Canvey. Again, there maybe some I have missed off.

Chris Duffy received a call up as well. Think he got sent off on his debut.

Jon Keeling also got a call up but think he was at Purfleet then.

Oh yeah, forgot him. Can you remember if Stimmo was called up Powelly?

I remember that Gavin Cowan was called up the day before the match, and had to drive across the country to play up north. Came on as a sub, scored England's goal, magic!

stimmo did play for england whilst being at canvey against usa i think but could be wrong, we did have a left winger in the 90s who was a canadian u21 but i cant remember his name and did martin mullen not play for scotland u21?

Stimmo did play against the USA I believe.

Neil Gregory was eligible to play for Zambia as he was born there!!!

Guest MOB Snr

Was it the Irish Keeper

Bryc O'Windows

and the german swimmer

War maseal.

SORRY MATE BAD TASTE AT THIS TIME BUT COULD NOT RESIST THE JOKE!!