Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 20-August 17 )

• Photo
    Andy the Marsh Rat

• Photo
    ChorleyClaret

• Photo
    Roger Kint

• Photo
    skunkster

• Photo
    bomaya

• Photo
    Outback

• Photo
    I know the off side rule

Photo

aldershot tomorrow

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
8 replies to this topic

offline Canman

Canman
  • Trainee
if we played aldershot tomorrow a win for canvey would mean aldershot need 13 from their last 6 to be certain of title.if a draw aldershot then need 10 from last 6,if shots win then only 7 from last 6.this is on the basis that canvey win their other 5.what are the chances that aldershots fans will out number ours by about 3 to 1 next week.so man. utd. were on tv last night, hardly an excuse for the pathetic turnout,if we go up how many will we get for matches against leigh rmi and forest green,400 at most.

offline Canman

Canman
  • Trainee
bbc essex are doing live coverage of tuesdays match according to the shots website

offline YELLOW

YELLOW
  • First XI Coach
  • Supports: Canvey Island, West Ham
  • Foes: Billericay, Concord, Southend, Spurs, Chelsea
  • Fav. Player(s): Mo Diame, Paolo Di Canio, Carlton Cole, Kevin Nolan, Jay Curran, Kevin Dobinson, Lionel Messi
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, drinking.
The problem with the attendances seems to be if we play two home matches in a week. If we have a match on a Saturday followed by one on Tuesday, you can guarantee that the Tuesday night crowd will be poor and vice versa.
The attendances at the start of the season were not bad. We got over 700 for Sutton, Braintree and Purfleet but since we got knocked out of the FA cup they've gone down.

I put this down to the typical drop in crowds during the winter but it hasn't really picked up despite us playing some great football.

To be honest, I think all the glory hunters will be out next Tuesday to boost the crowd but to get just over 300 for what is considered a keenly fought local derby is appalling.

Ok maybe Billericay should have brought more supporters but they didn't bring that many last year and we still got over 1000. It would have interesting to see what the attendance would have been if that match had gone ahead on Boxing Day.

Maybe it's time to review the £9 admission price.

offline The Great Eckscape

The Great Eckscape
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
  • rank
  • Supports: Canvey Island, Tottenham Hotspur
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, Cricket, Boxing, Speedway
I just hope if we do go up the price stays the same.

offline Merv

Merv
  • First XI - Sub
  • Supports: Bristol City
  • Foes: Chelmo Urghhhh....
"What the attendance would have been if that match had gone ahead on Boxing Day?" asks YA2003.

There were twice as many people in the ground when the game was called off on Boxing Day than there were at Park Lane last night.

The turnout last night was dreadful. Our lowest league attendance of the season - for a local derby!!! How can Canvey fans now take the pi$$ out of Purfleet or Heybridge?

offline YELLOW

YELLOW
  • First XI Coach
  • Supports: Canvey Island, West Ham
  • Foes: Billericay, Concord, Southend, Spurs, Chelsea
  • Fav. Player(s): Mo Diame, Paolo Di Canio, Carlton Cole, Kevin Nolan, Jay Curran, Kevin Dobinson, Lionel Messi
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, drinking.
So there was round about 650 people and still more coming through the turnstiles when the game was called off! Blimey! more people watched Hornchurch at the weekend that watched our game! ridiculous!

offline Basil-Don

Basil-Don
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
Why is it the people of Canvey dont appreciate how lucky they are to have a successful and entertaining
football team on the island.I travel to every game from Basildon simply because there isnt another team in Essex including Southend and Colchester who I would rather support solely on entertainment and the skill level of the team.
Why is it they will turn up in their hundreds when the gulls are on a good cup run and vanish when its over ?
I do feel the admission charge could be one problem,it cant be easy for someone with a couple of kids going to 2 games in a week,but I feel sorry for the rest who dont know how lucky they are and what their missing!

offline Shots1

Shots1
  • Reserves
£9 is alot for this standard of football, I personally think £8 is too much and thats what we charge. Basingstoke charge £6 which i think is about right. Surely it would be better for u guys to charge £6ish and then you would attract and retain some of the floaters from Southend etc who cant really afford the £14 to go and watch Southend but still want to watch footy regularly.

offline Merv

Merv
  • First XI - Sub
  • Supports: Bristol City
  • Foes: Chelmo Urghhhh....
I agree with Shots. A good example is the bar at Park Lane which sells pints for £1.50 before ko on Saturdays. Result? The bar is heaving, so full in fact that sometimes you can't get in the door.

The Kid for a Quid is a brilliant idea, but £9 on Saturday, followed by another £9 on Tuesday might be a factor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus