Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bitch's Elvis Fanclub Thread!

Originally Posted By: Ian_Sanderson
Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
D = Dont

you missed dixie you mug... grin

the best one of all...get in there elvis.... guitar

Elvis never made a song called DIXIE, so who is the mug now?

The song your refering to is
"American Trilogy"

But he did record a song called Dixie Land Rock

really...well you had better tell wikedpedia and google then Ian.... grin

I think this is one of those where there will never be a winner, im glad you like the song.But saying that you wont find on any Elvis LP or CD where this song is called Dixie, but i can see where your comeing from

I think this is one of those where there will never be a winner, im glad you like the song.But saying that you wont find on any Elvis LP or CD where this song is called Dixie, but i can see where your comeing from

its called dixie on an LP I have LIVE FROM LAS VEGAS

the song was always called dixie way before the pelvis got hold of it..

Nov. 11, 2002 -- "Dixie" -- a song strongly identified with the South -- stirs emotion and exposes timeworn rifts across American society.

It has been that way almost since "Dixie" was born in the days just before the Civil War. Adopted as a Confederate anthem, it was offered up by President Abraham Lincoln as a gesture of reconciliation after the war. It's accepted with affection by many whites and scorned by many blacks. And yet it's been recorded by everyone from Elvis Presley to the Robert Shaw chorale.

Originally Posted By: Halifax Lass
Originally Posted By: cantos
I am with you on this one Halifax Lass...God awful singer.

Could you go on the Twitchers forum and tell them freaks what's what next.

I'd be a bit of a hypocrite if I did cantos. Do a bit of twitching myself!! grin

Can we have a clip on 'You-Tube' ???

chloe

bolt

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin

its called dixie on an LP I have LIVE FROM LAS VEGAS

the song was always called dixie way before the pelvis got hold of it..

Nov. 11, 2002 -- "Dixie" -- a song strongly identified with the South -- stirs emotion and exposes timeworn rifts across American society.

It has been that way almost since "Dixie" was born in the days just before the Civil War. Adopted as a Confederate anthem, it was offered up by President Abraham Lincoln as a gesture of reconciliation after the war. It's accepted with affection by many whites and scorned by many blacks. And yet it's been recorded by everyone from Elvis Presley to the Robert Shaw chorale.

For ease we will refer to it as 'Dixie'.

Now i'm putting it on to listen to as i whack off to the 'Pelvis' chloe

Originally Posted By: Bitch

Now i'm putting it on to listen to as i whack off to the 'Pelvis' chloe

Definitely worth a clip to post on a certain web-site in my book !

I'm over it now BJ grin

I'm going for another....'Come What May; bolt

You greedy girl, you ! chloe

American Trilogy is made up of 3 songs, which are

Dixie

The Battle Hymn of the Republic

Hush Little Baby.

These 3 songs where put together to make American Trilogy, Elvis never sang the song Dixie on its own.

American Trilogy is made up of 3 songs, which are
Dixie
The Battle Hymn of the Republic
Hush Little Baby.
These 3 songs where put together to make American Trilogy, Elvis never sang the song Dixie on its own.

I actually think there is something wrong with you Ian..not only did he record it under the title of dixie (see google info above) but I have the LP and also heard him sing it live on its own in vegas although I do admit that he followed it with the batle hymn...

sent that cheque yet you mug... grin

Yes the 1st part of the song has lyrics from the song DIXIE, the 2nd part lyrics from a song called The Battle Hymn of the Republic, and the 3rd from lyrics of a song called Hush Little Baby.

If you get the song sheet from Dixie as your refering you wont find parts 2-3 in the verses, now im sure your a big elvis fan, so if you wanna swap pics of your time in Memphis let me know, or if you have pics of The battle ground at Vicksburg where part of The American Civil War took place id love to swap pics with you.

An American Trilogy" is a song arranged by country songwriter Mickey Newbury and made popular by Elvis Presley. Presley began performing the song in concert in 1972—a February recording was released by RCA as a single. Presley performed the song in the 1972 documentary, "Elvis On Tour", as well as his 1973 international satellite telecast "Elvis—Aloha from Hawaii". "An American Trilogy" is a medley of three 19th century songs—"Dixie", a blackface minstrel song that became the unofficial anthem of the U.S. South since the Civil War; "Hush Little Baby", originally a Bahamian lullaby, but closely related to African American spirituals, and well-known through folk music revivalists; and "The Battle Hymn of the Republic", the marching song of the Union Army during the Civil War.

An American Trilogy

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia I rest my case

I love it wotever it's called. Dixie, Trilogy, or Land of Cotton. Aren't we all singing from the same hymn sheet? I'm whacking off to all 3. Bonus cheerleader

Is that what they call 'Multi-Tasking', Bitch ??