Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Billericay Town - AFC Wimbledon 22nd Jan 19.45

JoeV93

Thanks! I'd like to buy all you Rickaay fans a drink! A tenner ought to cover it....

Seriously, though. Thanks for depriving AFC of two points. I think that puts them 13 points behind us with just the two games in hand now! And the AFC fans appear to be making "We won't catch Chlemer now - let's look to the play-offs" type noises over on their forum!

Originally Posted By: peter foster
Thanks! I'd like to buy all you Rickaay fans a drink! A tenner ought to cover it....

Seriously, though. Thanks for depriving AFC of two points. I think that puts them 13 points behind us with just the two games in hand now! And the AFC fans appear to be making "We won't catch Chlemer now - let's look to the play-offs" type noises over on their forum!

Anything mentioned about catching Chelmo though? grin

So you didn't show tonight then? Good game, thought Ricay shaded it and couldn't have complained if it had ended 2-1. But never mind the bleedin' match - £1 for a cup of tea??! Twice the price of Folkestone's for the same sized cup - water's obviously harder to come by in deepest Essex. And I thought ours was a rip off at 80p! shocked

Originally Posted By: TRS
water's obviously harder to come by in deepest Essex.

We had all the water on the pitch TRS.
Good effort tonight it always looked like ye would sneak the leveler back so well done.
I would normally say fair play but i don't think your team deserve that remark fair play was not on their agenda which was a shame.

Now go on and sort them bloody clarets out.

Originally Posted By: Blue fan
The so called afc wimbledon we more then matched them i don't know what all the hype is about them woundn't be supprised if we catch them up.blue fan bluessssssssssss

What do you mean by 'so called'? That's our name.

As for the hype, well that tends to come from others anyhow.

Originally Posted By: peter foster

A Tenner will cover mine PF. And you can stick your "thanks" where the sun doesn't shine; which will give you plenty of options as Melbourne is generally a pretty gloomy place.

One of our best team performances for a long time tonight. Great to have Hodgey back on form and Billy looked class tonight. Shave made a magnificent contribution; more than made up for his dismissal on Saturday in my book.

Not a lot between the two teams but we were rhe better, and I'd imagine AFCW fans went home relatively satisfied. Both had periods of domination but I'd say we were very unlucky not to take all 3 points (but then, I would!). Officials weren't up to much, but then they rarely are.

If we can keep that up it bodes well for the remainder of the season.

Originally Posted By: TRS
never mind the bleedin' match - £1 for a cup of tea??! Twice the price of Folkestone's for the same sized cup - water's obviously harder to come by in deepest Essex. And I thought ours was a rip off at 80p! shocked

Suppy & Demand, TRS. The market finds its own level wink

I really enjoyed the game yesterday, full of positive attacking football.

Obviously a bit disappointing to concede a late equaliser but at least it wasnt a rubbish goal because of a mistake. I thought on the balance of play we were probably the better side on the night but no real complaints about a draw.

Top hit from Leon too.

Lets hope we can get 3 points on Saturday.

Thought this was one of the best games we have seen at New Lodge this season and Wimbledon definitely one of the best sides. Thought they played some excellent attacking flowing football.

It was great to see both sides going for it in a good spirit. I actually thought the ref had quite a decent game and allowed for the very wet pitch and difficult footing.

Great performance from our lads, they gave everything and must have been disappointed to concede a late equaliser just before the end but I guess at the start of the game we would have settled for a point.

I thought bringing Kerrigan on was a good move, I really think Darren Blewitt is much more assured at centre back, but I am not sure that Lee was the one that should have been taken off (unless he had a knock). IMO he had a terrific game and after he went off we lost any real attacking momentum.

What a way for the team to celebrate Jason's and Grant's full time reign as joint managers!!! I thought the game was one of the best games, if not the best, we have seen this season!!! I agree both teams were committed to attacking football and possibly a draw was a fair result although, I, like others were disapointed with the late equaliser. Their equaliser, like Leon's was an unstopable strike and no complaints.

Like all, I have an opinion as to the stratagy and once again Jason and Grant had no qualms to change the shape of the team mid way through the 2nd half to preserve the three points. Hind sight is an exact science and I thought that perhaps having five at the back led to our midfield struggling but I'm the "armchair" manager and I can only applaude and support both Jason and Grant in their intelligent and brave decision. We have two people who will not hide under a "bushel" when it comes to tough decisions for the good of the game, team and club and I applaude that!!!

In the next four weeks we are hoping to see the return of Joe Flack and Matt Game (I for one am impatient to see both of these players back, kicking that ball in "anger" whilst wearing the "blue" shirt). I said it yesterday and I'll repeat it today...Bring it on!!!

A thoroughly enjoyable game going frm end to end, and in reflection i guess a draw is a fair result. I thought overall we did shade the chances quota but on the flip side AFC Dons were a very mobile team and they did give us a few scares themselves.

So presume Bradders is the new penalty taker now then, and a cracking strike from Leon. But, i would also add that Shave (imo) had his best game since joining the camp and was a constant thorn for them. Billy looks to have settled in nicely and as for Hodgey, well "still a class act" eh Hodgey ?! wink

Defensively we are looking more and more a unit and to add Dormers captaincy i think the back end of this season (hopefully) will prove exciting.

But yes, it was the best (league) game this season and one that both Jason and Grant can feel extremely proud of.

Well done to all.

Oh, and as for the remark about the tea prices - Yeah, 'appen i agree ! grin

Come On You Bluuuessss!