Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Billericay Town - AFC Wimbledon 22nd Jan 19.45

JoeV93

We are now 5 points from the last play-off spot and 5 points from the first relegation place.

I don't think you can get more "mid-table" than that! But the important thing is we're moving in the right direction, and doing it well.

I'm looking forward to the next four Saturdays; all winnable games and if we perform like we did last night every chance that we can.

"Hey, PF. Keep the £10 for when your club bleats about not having any money for new players and insists the supporters put their hands in their pockets."

You're confused again, Gazza. Let me explain it to you one more time. Peter Webb, the club Chairman, asked (not insisted, note....) fans to donate a sum of £2,500 to assist with the costs of acquiring the playing services of Ollie Berquez. This relatively tiny request was clearly a token appeal to remind the fanbase that the club is being subsidised and not to take this situation for granted. And this it clearly succeeded in doing. There, now. That's clearer, isn't it Gazza. I hope you understand now - I'll be asking you questions about it later to ensure that do! Thanks again for depriving AFC of the full three....

Presumably that was AFCW videoing the game last night. Anyone know where they post their video? No sign of it on their official site.

As others have said a really good game for both sides, The Blues played good attacking and controlled football for most of the game, Lee, Billy and Bradley had some terrific attacking runs at the Wombles defence. Really entertaining football. It would have been great to keep the 3 points however Wimbledon's 2nd goal was a great shot, can't deny it. And again a good substitution to defend our lead.

Looking good for the next home games, and with the injury list reducing, we'll have a great squad to select from.

At the risk of being shouted down, I believe that the substitutions made last night lost us 2 points.

We all knew that Hodgey would go off with 20 to go, so the question was who to bring on.

At this stage we were well on top and looking towards a 3rd.

The two negative substitutions meant that whenever we cleared the ball it just kept coming back at us.

A good point won, but to get in the play-offs we surely need to be taking all 3 points when we're in that kind of position.

Originally Posted By: peter foster
"PF if you don't frequent them how are you able to label them???
More to this comment than meets the eye eh? ;o)"

Well, I've never been to Germany but I would suspect that there are a lot of germans there....

The same way that we know that anyone who supports Chelmsford City is a [****!!****], Peter.

Oooooopppppppssss, there I go again...being impolite to a visitor

Originally Posted By: Barry_T
At the risk of being shouted down, I believe that the substitutions made last night lost us 2 points.
We all knew that Hodgey would go off with 20 to go, so the question was who to bring on.
At this stage we were well on top and looking towards a 3rd.
The two negative substitutions meant that whenever we cleared the ball it just kept coming back at us.
A good point won, but to get in the play-offs we surely need to be taking all 3 points when we're in that kind of position.

I don't think you'll be shouted down Barry. There was a fair consensus that the move to go 5 at the back back-fired a bit. The logic was plain in that AFCW went three right up top so you can't really fault the plan, but I agree with you that it meant we surrendered our dominant position in the middle of the park. Having said that when someone smashes one in the top corner from 25 yards it doesn't really matter what system you play....

I think we clearly would have won if the ref hadn't blown for half-time after 44:25 mins - denying us the chance of a another goal. We should demand a replay and make sure we get the 3 points this time!

The prog said George Lay was on loan but he was there during the warm-up last night. And it also said we had Jordan for another month, but I thought I read here he had gone back.

Can anyone clarify these two points.

Cheers.

No SHOUTING! this is a forum to exchange and express views and opinions. (with enough expression you can even get Strongbow on tap) I think its a difficult decision when ahead in a game as to whether to substitute to defend a lead or, continue to attack. Before the change we were looking vulnerable at the back and open to counter, but in last nights circumstances with 15 min's or so left I can understand the decision, and it 'almost' worked, I guess had we have won, we would all be praising the decision.

I agree that we need to be chasing win's to reach the playoffs, but knowing Wimbledon's form, I would have settled for a point before the game.

I thought we did everything right, jl summed it up, when its smashed in the top corner from 25 yards it has nowt to do with tatics or substitutions, it was just a great goal.

Not as good as Leon's though, that will have my vote for goal of the season.

Finni, jordons loan was exteneded from the month of December to include January, at the end of the month he will be going back.

George was on loan to Gt Wakering but now he's back, the program was a little misleading because some of the info wasn't current

Agree that nothing could have been done about a cracking finish.

But, for the last 15 minutes, although they didn't look too dangerous, we were rarely in posession of the ball.

Attack is the best form of defence and all that.

I felt that after his perormance on Saturday Black should have come on for that time meaning that we could possibly have held it together more in midfield (I take it he was on the bench?)

However, congrats to Jason and Grant on their appointments and results to date.

I too would have snatched at a point before the evening started, but strangely came away slightly disappointed.

There seemed to be a lot of arguing by our defence with the lino after their first goal.

Anyone at that end with a comment on whether it was on or offside?

I know it makes no difference now, but I'm just curious!