Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Billericay Town - AFC Wimbledon 22nd Jan 19.45

JoeV93

Originally Posted By: Adam.S
From where I was standing it was onside.

Some people said it was offside but I was in line with it and it looked onside.

Originally Posted By: jl
I was bang in line with that and sadly Macca played their guy onside.....

Oh dear... apologies for questioning your ability & parentage lino.

Throughly enjoyed last night (sorry I didn't come up and say Hello Gary, but you looked busy!). On entering the bar I was a bit shocked to see so few AFC fans!! They really dont travel do they? i suppose we are looking at a poor turn out as well.

Good game of football, apart from a couple of chances I thought your back line completely snuffed Main out and he was getting frustrated. Jolly was was getting screamed at by Mr Brown,as he appeared poor. Perhaps not settled at AFC?

Lee Hodges got stuck in and was terrific. My MOTM over the 70 mins he played. The AFC defence couldn't handle him, and I thought the Blues could have scored more goals.

I found the substitution strange. Burbridge looks a bit of a donkey (sorry - he's never impressed me) and had little effect on the game, and seemed to lift AFC when they didn't have Hodges diving past them!!!!

AFC were poor and Billericay dominated for 70 mins and should have won this. As a Chelmo fan I was obviously delighted with the result. Great banter with a few Riccay old guard infront of me - what non league is all about TBH, and well done to the fans who helped to get the pitch ready and playable last night!!!!!!

Good night overall!

Originally Posted By: Localfan
I found the substitution strange. Burbridge looks a bit of a donkey (sorry - he's never impressed me) and had little effect on the game,

I'm sure Burbs is gutted that he's never impressed you.

And a Chelmo fan accusing Wombles of "not travelling"!! That'll have them chuckling in SW19. This was never going to be as well attended as our previous encounters for a number of reasons.

Ordered your "Champions" T-Shirt yet LF?

Originally Posted By: Dan Sampford
Originally Posted By: Rick the Dick
Presumably that was AFCW videoing the game last night. Anyone know where they post their video? No sign of it on their official site.

It will appear on here once it's been uploaded. http://www.donsonline.co.uk/php/index.php

Wasn't donsonline filming last night (that really is just one bloke with his camcorder, believe it or not). I think it is a Nuts TV crew that seem to be following us around - could be wrong about that though.

I've read some of the Saturday afternoon attendances where Chelmsford have had to travel and I would suggest that last nights show by the Womble supporters would put them to shame...but isn't that the way of those that go around with a green eyed attitude...point out others failing without making a fair comparison to themselves...

..Typically though, LF viels criticism in his report...I dare say he has written something completely different on the Slop Box.

Originally Posted By: Localfan
Throughly enjoyed last night (sorry I didn't come up and say Hello Gary, but you looked busy!). On entering the bar I was a bit shocked to see so few AFC fans!! They really dont travel do they? i suppose we are looking at a poor turn out as well.

AFC were poor and Billericay dominated for 70 mins
and should have won this.

I thought the turn out for a Tuesday night wasn't bad as it goes - a reasonable percentage of the fanbase. As I said earlier, for some reason we are supposed to bring 50% of our fanbase to away games whereas everyone else is nearer 10% (if that). As for Chelmo? Well, we will bring more than you did to our place that's for sure. Afraid i'll be swerving it myself, as can't be sure the car will still be there at the end and i've also mislaid my binoculars. Now if you were still playing at New Lodge.... grin

I agree, we weren't all that good last night but we did have one or two periods of domination during that 70 minutes. Perhaps you were still in the bar?

Do enjoy the Blue Square South - half hope we join you and half hope we don't. Little to commend it to be honest. Uninspiring fixtures, more travelling and crap gates.

Originally Posted By: TRS
Wasn't donsonline filming last night (that really is just one bloke with his camcorder, believe it or not). I think it is a Nuts TV crew that seem to be following us around - could be wrong about that though.

From the Nuts TV Website:-

"Football Hurts

A unique grass roots football docu-drama about every fan's favourite second club: AFC Wimbledon.

After the FA allowed their team to relocate to Milton Keynes in 2002, the supporters took the unique step of starting a new club. Five years and two promotions later they have created something special within football as they try to return the Wombles to the Football League where they belong. Follow their amazing story only on Nuts TV.
"

Everyone's favourite 2nd team? confused

Can't find any mention of when it's "on-air"

Originally Posted By: Rick the Dick
Originally Posted By: TRS

From the Nuts TV Website:-

"Football Hurts

A unique grass roots football docu-drama about every fan's favourite second club: AFC Wimbledon.

After the FA allowed their team to relocate to Milton Keynes in 2002, the supporters took the unique step of starting a new club. Five years and two promotions later they have created something special within football as they try to return the Wombles to the Football League where they belong. Follow their amazing story only on Nuts TV.
"

Everyone's favourite 2nd team? confused

Can't find any mention of when it's "on-air"

Typical media speak!

Haven't heard when it's due to air, maybe it's a season long thing that gets shown at the end. Seem to see them most weeks.

Considering the Tuesday night journey around the M25 I thought AFC's support was really good. They made quite a bit of noise too which coupled with the Blue Army's singing made for a cracking atmosphere for a really good game of football. I must admit I've got a bit of a soft spot for AFC though after the shafting they received at the hands of the FA a few years ago.

As for us, I thought we murdered them in the first half and probably should have been more than 1-0 up at half time. That ultimately cost us the 3 points.

Due to family commitments, Tuesday night was the first time I've seen us play for a month and I must say that we've really improved. I know we've got a couple of players back from injury, but the re-jigging of the squad seems to have worked wonders. The team appear to have got their confidence back and this must be due to the hard work of the players and the Management.

Cant wait for Saturday now. Bring on Wealdstone!

"I've read some of the Saturday afternoon attendances where Chelmsford have had to travel and I would suggest that last nights show by the Womble supporters would put them to shame...but isn't that the way of those that go around with a green eyed attitude...point out others failing without making a fair comparison to themselves..."

You can no more take account of relativity when you post as fly out the window, Gazza....

"As for Chelmo? Well, we will bring more than you did to our place that's for sure."

And so you should, TRS. Your fanbase is over twice that of ours....

"Afraid i'll be swerving it myself, as can't be sure the car will still be there at the end"

There's nothing on record, TRS, that any cars parked by anyone visiting MP have been damaged or stolen. Sadly, that's not the case with New Lodge. I know of at least two Clarets who returned to their cars after a game there only to find them vandalised....

"and i've also mislaid my binoculars."

I told you your penchant for extreme self-abuse would affect your eyesight, TRS. Of couse, at MP you're a lot nearer the action than you are when watching a game from the back of the stand at Old Trafford, for example....