Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ware away

Mini Goose

Originally Posted By: WareFans
Why is your supporters coach leaving at 12 noon for a journey that takes a maximum 1hr 30?

It will probably take longer than an hour and a half as Canvey Way is shut at the moment.

Congratulations to the Canvey Island players for a good game. Its just a shame that your supporters couldn't respect the fact that Ware is a family supported team and every song/chant has to involve several swear words.

Good luck to the team, disappointed about the support. Not a good advert to football!

It really gets on my nerves when people complain about swearing at football matches. Ok, there is a point when one individual may make it excessive abuse, but to have it in songs just adds to the banter. It's not like you never hear the players swear.

I wasn't at today's game, but what I remember of visiting Ware last season and the return fixtures at Park Lane, the vocal Ware fans were quite fiery themselves, swearing on many occasions. If you don't want your children to hear any swearing lock them in their bedroom without any links to outside civilisation, let alone a sporting event.

What about the chants made to Phil Neville by Chelsea fans on Wednesday night? You could hear that clearly over the TV and I bet there was more people singing that, than the whole of today's attendance.

Congratulations to the Canvey Island players for a good game. Its just a shame that your supporters couldn't respect the fact that Ware is a family supported team and every song/chant has to involve several swear words.

Good luck to the team, disappointed about the support. Not a good advert to football!

Not a good advert for football!

What about the bent ref and the 2 shocking pens

Your team were poor and dont deserve their position. Are many of your supporters from Stevenage?

Had your excuses for SUPPORTers sang one song throughout the match then I may respect your opinion. However, the fact that 20-30 of you stood behind the goal, arms crossed and silent for 90 minutes means that you have no right to criticise others for singing and creating an atmosphere.

As for family club, you wouldn't have had anyone there if it wasn't for Canvey turning up in numbers.

Also, your little message before hand meant we through a couple of songs in for your benefit! After the arrogant attitude of your fans last season, I'm glad we gave you a good hammering!

Back to the game - what a quality performance. Ware missed TWO penalties - not saved but missed the target! James Russell was immense, as was Clydie in midfield. Great finishes by Jon Stuart, Clydie and Leon for the goals.

YELLOW ARMY WERE TREMENDOUS, singing loud and proud to spur the boys onto a well deserved victory.

Guest MOB Snr

Dipstick!!!

There was no abusive language, except that that fit into songs like "who the fff in ell are you" which is sung everywhere.

What was evident was your total lack of atmosphere and support, we were made very welcome and given the freedom of the ground, but the only support seemed to be from a group of 50 year old housewives who was there to watch their sons.

There was one very animated and excitable short guy who screamed at every decision, slagged us and our supporters off, he even told me to "F[****!!****]offf" when they missed their second pen. Some of their committee stood by said nothing!!!

Then with twenty mins to go stormed out saying "I am a Stevenage supporter anyway".

Guest MOB Snr

Funny though, he shut up when I told him our goalie was on loan from Stevenage, he didnot recognise him!

On the whole it is a nice place with nice people!!

Oh well, i'm off to go and look at the league table. I might see you boys if i scroll down far enough. See you next season (well hopefully we don't)!

Having a bigger monitor helps grin

I thought we played some scintilating football yesterday, with James Russell being the best choice for man of the match. He was outstanding from start to finish and didn't put a foot wrong once.

We could have scored more and Ware certainly should have, especially given the referee was clearly on their side. It's not so much that he didn't give us anything, it's that he gave Ware much more than they deserved. It just goes to show that even when the referee is against us, we can keep going and get the result we deserve.

...And for pity sake, WareFans, grow up. You talk about us having respect for you few, but why would we when you treat us with such contempt? Coming on here to give us 'advice' just stinks of arrogance.