Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 24-October 17 )

• Photo
    Robbo

• Photo
    judgedread

• Photo
    chas_hfc

• Photo
    lol

• Photo
    Hackett

Photo

Ware away

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
67 replies to this topic

offline YELLOW

YELLOW
  • First XI Coach
  • Supports: Canvey Island, West Ham
  • Foes: Billericay, Concord, Southend, Spurs, Chelsea
  • Fav. Player(s): Mo Diame, Paolo Di Canio, Carlton Cole, Kevin Nolan, Jay Curran, Kevin Dobinson, Lionel Messi
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, drinking.
Originally Posted By: WareFans
Why is your supporters coach leaving at 12 noon for a journey that takes a maximum 1hr 30?

It will probably take longer than an hour and a half as Canvey Way is shut at the moment.

offline ken

ken
  • Reserves Coach
canvey are one nil up last i heard

offline ken

ken
  • Reserves Coach
2-0 brilliant goal from Clide Roberts aparently

offline cantos

cantos
  • Long Service Award
Latest Scores

Aveley 1 Enfield Town 0
Brentwood 3 Waltham F 0
Redbridge 2 Bury 0
Waltham Abbey 0 Ilford 0

offline cantos

cantos
  • Long Service Award
Aveley 3 Enfield 1

others finished as above

offline WareFans

WareFans
  • At the Turnstiles
Congratulations to the Canvey Island players for a good game. Its just a shame that your supporters couldn't respect the fact that Ware is a family supported team and every song/chant has to involve several swear words.

Good luck to the team, disappointed about the support. Not a good advert to football!

offline BRAMLEY

BRAMLEY
  • Reserves
I told you lot to behave now didn't I.
You've now got smacked wrists as well!!!
Oh well, I'm sure that Ware will get over themselves.

offline ken

ken
  • Reserves Coach
im sure that all the family members were completely unaware of those words before they entered the ground today. how will they cope

offline Matt H

Matt H
  • Forum Watchdog
  • Supports: Canvey Island
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football
It really gets on my nerves when people complain about swearing at football matches. Ok, there is a point when one individual may make it excessive abuse, but to have it in songs just adds to the banter. It's not like you never hear the players swear.

I wasn't at today's game, but what I remember of visiting Ware last season and the return fixtures at Park Lane, the vocal Ware fans were quite fiery themselves, swearing on many occasions. If you don't want your children to hear any swearing lock them in their bedroom without any links to outside civilisation, let alone a sporting event.

What about the chants made to Phil Neville by Chelsea fans on Wednesday night? You could hear that clearly over the TV and I bet there was more people singing that, than the whole of today's attendance.

offline drunk viking

drunk viking
  • Trainee
Congratulations to the Canvey Island players for a good game. Its just a shame that your supporters couldn't respect the fact that Ware is a family supported team and every song/chant has to involve several swear words.

Good luck to the team, disappointed about the support. Not a good advert to football!

Not a good advert for football!
What about the bent ref and the 2 shocking pens
Your team were poor and dont deserve their position. Are many of your supporters from Stevenage?

offline The Great Eckscape

The Great Eckscape
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
  • rank
  • Supports: Canvey Island, Tottenham Hotspur
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, Cricket, Boxing, Speedway

Had your excuses for SUPPORTers sang one song throughout the match then I may respect your opinion. However, the fact that 20-30 of you stood behind the goal, arms crossed and silent for 90 minutes means that you have no right to criticise others for singing and creating an atmosphere.

As for family club, you wouldn't have had anyone there if it wasn't for Canvey turning up in numbers.

Also, your little message before hand meant we through a couple of songs in for your benefit! After the arrogant attitude of your fans last season, I'm glad we gave you a good hammering!

Back to the game - what a quality performance. Ware missed TWO penalties - not saved but missed the target! James Russell was immense, as was Clydie in midfield. Great finishes by Jon Stuart, Clydie and Leon for the goals.

YELLOW ARMY WERE TREMENDOUS, singing loud and proud to spur the boys onto a well deserved victory.

offline Guest_MOB Snr_*

Guest_MOB Snr_*
  • rank

Dipstick!!!

There was no abusive language, except that that fit into songs like "who the fff in ell are you" which is sung everywhere.

What was evident was your total lack of atmosphere and support, we were made very welcome and given the freedom of the ground, but the only support seemed to be from a group of 50 year old housewives who was there to watch their sons.

There was one very animated and excitable short guy who screamed at every decision, slagged us and our supporters off, he even told me to "F[****!!****]offf" when they missed their second pen. Some of their committee stood by said nothing!!!

Then with twenty mins to go stormed out saying "I am a Stevenage supporter anyway".

offline Guest_MOB Snr_*

Guest_MOB Snr_*
  • rank
Funny though, he shut up when I told him our goalie was on loan from Stevenage, he didnot recognise him!

On the whole it is a nice place with nice people!!

offline WareFans

WareFans
  • At the Turnstiles
Oh well, i'm off to go and look at the league table. I might see you boys if i scroll down far enough. See you next season (well hopefully we don't)!

offline YELLOW

YELLOW
  • First XI Coach
  • Supports: Canvey Island, West Ham
  • Foes: Billericay, Concord, Southend, Spurs, Chelsea
  • Fav. Player(s): Mo Diame, Paolo Di Canio, Carlton Cole, Kevin Nolan, Jay Curran, Kevin Dobinson, Lionel Messi
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, drinking.
Oh well, i'm off to go and look at the league table. I might see you boys if i scroll down far enough. See you next season (well hopefully we don't)!

Having a bigger monitor helps grin

offline Ribbit

Ribbit
  • Reserves Coach
I thought we played some scintilating football yesterday, with James Russell being the best choice for man of the match. He was outstanding from start to finish and didn't put a foot wrong once.
We could have scored more and Ware certainly should have, especially given the referee was clearly on their side. It's not so much that he didn't give us anything, it's that he gave Ware much more than they deserved. It just goes to show that even when the referee is against us, we can keep going and get the result we deserve.

...And for pity sake, WareFans, grow up. You talk about us having respect for you few, but why would we when you treat us with such contempt? Coming on here to give us 'advice' just stinks of arrogance.

offline Linneycifc

Linneycifc
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
if we see you again next season i'll be sure to stamp out my foul language and replace them with an accurate description of that word!

i.e go away most hastily you piece of womens genitalia

offline Matt H

Matt H
  • Forum Watchdog
  • Supports: Canvey Island
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football
Enlighten me, what were the penalties given for?

offline Ribbit

Ribbit
  • Reserves Coach
The first one Bourney brought a player down, right near the by-line. Wasn't really a need for it from where I was standing. I don't think I saw the second one.

offline Mini Goose

Mini Goose
  • Reserves Coach
think 2nd was for handball.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus