Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ware away

Mini Goose

ware fans are a JOKE, they really are the biggest bunch of hypercritcal fans, they like to dish it out but if anything is said that they take exception to they will come down on you like the PC brigade!

We have had run in's with them twice and having not played them for two seasons the same individual was looking to start something BEFORE a ball was kicked in the recent match at the WLG.

I am very pleased Canvey got the win, and that you made a good deal of noise from what I have read on here.

The 3 of us made more noise then ware's 15 supporters at the WLG and we were complimented about our support at Canvey last weekend.

Shame ware could not even get TWO penalites on target NOT! smile

I hope you manage to climb up into the playoff spots and as for ware, Edgware go their on the last day of the season, and IF something is needed from that match to make the playoffs then they are having a laugh if they think no bad language will be used.

As a Canvey fan pointed out their stewards stand by and allow their home supporters to be abusive whilst complaining about opposisition supporters is a joke

Nothing against the place itself. We made a right racket under that stand, nice clubhouse too. However, another club with a very relaxed view on alcohol outside of the clubhouse. Not that I was complaining, but surely this is another club who are breaking regulations?

Brentwood have now stopped alcohol being taken outside I believe.

Evening all, Ware fan here. Just wanted to say well done for yesterday. You beat us and deserved to. I wouldnt say 3-0 was perhaps the fairest of outcomes but a victory for you was probably still fair. As for the penalties... shocking.

I'd like to say that I thought James Russell was VERY good in goal. He looked like a pro and treated us behind the goal with respect and got respect back. His performance warranted the penalties going wide.

With regards to the fans... 2 years ago and more we were the same as you; using colourful language in songs. And I agree that it helps with the banter. Vocal support does encourage the players a lot and you know they hear all of it and sometimes respond accordingly. The difference now is that many of us have young children who we bring to the games. When they're your own kids, you're always on guard and the language heard from Canvey supporters (sometimes unneeded) went too far in the opinion of some of the supporters. We've had teams come and bring many fans and sing all day long (Kiddy, Darts, even the weird guy from Witham), which we encourage. But we are developing into a family club and that's why some of us were not happy with the amount of language. That's also the reason why we have cut out swearing and abuse from our songs. We like to banter too, but we have toned down quite a lot (in fact we hit the mute button yesterday).

HOWEVER...

Yesterday, the Ware fans should be ashamed of our support. No matter what the circumstances be (we played poorly, i'm ill, dog just died, not rising to opposition chants etc), we should still sing our hearts out for the louds. Yesterday we didnt and that is something I will look to address with the lads and ladies. The team noticed and we are Ware fans till we die, and our vocal support should continue till we lose our voices.

So, please take all this as an explanation and not criticism.

Harlow and Witham were others you could take alcohol on to the terraces. You used to be able to at Bishop's Stortford.

I couldn't believe how quiet the Ware fans were. They get a reasonable number at home but didn't sing one song.

Embarrassing, considering that was their biggest league crowd of the season.

Other than that, nice ground and a decent clubhouse. Have to say the pitch was a bit of a mess. I know we've had the rain fairly bad recently but I was surprised at how cut up it was especially as Enfield haven't been playing on there recently.

This 'family club' thing is a cop-out. Not just with Ware, but I've seen a few clubs say it. It's almost as if to say we're not a family club. Quite what that makes us, I don't know, but I doubt there are any clubs anywhere who would suggest or even endeavour not to be a family club. It's a daft statement.

Guest MOB Snr

The fact is they are trying to be a bit middle class, problem is they aint. Why are people always trying to turn football into something it is not, it is never going to be a family day out!!!

It will always be a lads and dads activity, and what is wrong with that?

Originally Posted By: MOB Snr
The fact is they are trying to be a bit middle class, problem is they aint. Why are people always trying to turn football into something it is not, it is never going to be a family day out!!!
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

It will always be a lads and dads activity, and what is wrong with that?

Oye MOB, don't be sexist! Cheeky devil achso

If we're being realistic MOB, that is the case. The large percentage of people attending football matches are men, and any kids present have usually come along with their dad.

There has been more women/girls coming to games than there would have been say 30 years ago, and maybe in another 30 years the attendance will be far more evenly split.

As for the songs we sing and the language some of them contain, I don't accept this family club thing either. All of the expletives are words they will have already heard elsewhere, and aren't going to make people leave the ground never to return. However, what may make them stay and come back in the future is a lively atmosphere and a good game of football, something that Canvey provided on Saturday.

I agree girliegull, there is no reason why football can't be a family day out. But as I said, realistically I would say it was probably 80-90% male at most grounds.

Don't get me wrong, if the women of Canvey want to come along an even up the balance then the more the merrier!

As for being a family day out, we are currently speaking to schools on the Island to decide how we can help to reward their students whilst promoting the club at the same time.

We dont need to catigorize ( or however its spelt) football teams.

There is a game on down the road, If you want to go with your mates then fine, If father and son want to go then fine, Whole family no problem. Calling a side a family club and making it a swearing free zone and tha is ridiculous.

Guest MOB Snr
Originally Posted By: The Great Eckscape

Don't get me wrong, if the women of Canvey want to come along an even up the balance then the more the merrier!

As for being a family day out, we are currently speaking to schools on the Island to decide how we can help to reward their students whilst promoting the club at the same time.

Who is going to do the ironing and cooking if all the women are at footballl!!!!

I do agree it is nice to see families and as you know I do encourage Mrs MOB to come to the club, I even let her drive home!!

As for language the only bit I dont like is when we sing "Get into them" and as for offensive, nothing we can say could be worse than Linneys hair, whats that all about!!

Whatever you do guys, don't waste your time in the Ware forum as any thread/post that they don't agree with or take a dislike to, they just wipe it out. How funny, the heading to the General forum is 'Use this forum for anything you like, but don't upset, disagree or start any sort of banter with us Ware tw4ts!'. The f*****g plums, on second thoughts, I say we bombard the pompous pr1cks with a barrage of abuse!!!