Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

we do have problems

Now that's refreshing. Two messages on a new thread without any hint or soupcon of suspicion over their probity, indepedence or integrity. <p>I hear that a Reserve team is to be properly run next season by Kevin Blande and Vince Buck. If so, surely the natural progression will be from Midweek Yoof through to the Reserves and then to the first team. The passage need not be over long if t'lad in question has the talent.<p>I don't know anything about football but I watched the District Schools Cup-Final last week and one or two of those that you mention didn't stand out. If you picture these promising 17 year olds against quality Ryman League players, some of them would be eaten. The step-up to a well run Reserve side seems to me to be the right way.

I don't want to sound nasty, but Craig [and probably most of the other talented youth players] just isn't big enough right now. He has pace, which he must and does use, but like AFF said the Ryman defenders just eat youth players as a snack between meals.

I have read some of the reports and what these youngsters are doing in games is fantastic, but clearly the gap is too wide for them at the moment. I remember reading about Craig scoring from 30 yards for fun, but when does he get those chances in the first team?

I agree with AFF on the point of the progressional path and next season this will be in place.

Give it, and them [the board], time.

this season i have watched st.albans and i have to say its made me laugh!the standard of players we have is terrible and it seems to me there needs to be a change!!last nite i was at the midweek game for the youth where they beat Chesham youth 6-2 to reach the final of the allied counties cup!this is the second time i have watched the team this year and again i believe we should give 3 0r 4 a chance next season!!they would be cheap on wages and can do a much better job than some of the crap out there!!!we have seen with craig this year developing and i think a few others should be pushing for a regular place!Like what happened to that Greg Deacon character??played last nite and looked good but not been in since kendall departed!maybe its because he got us kicked out of the cup?!i saw him at the game against Aldershot!but only did the warm up!the goal keeper aswell is very good and they all deserve a chance!!!it would be cheap for the clucb and you never know could make some money on these youngsters!

i think your right mate!craig has shown promise!i saw Greg play last season for the reseves against stevenage!looked very good!just size may let him down!he has played for London colney reserves this year!so has jamie parsons!and kenny hull also youth team players!and play with craig!they all look good

They should play my best mate Carl Fadhel he's a great player.

And he's in EFM<p>

--------------------------------------------------

I am very ill (again)