Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Concord v Canvey tonight

was a good game last night .Didnt think we deserved to lose but Canvey punished 2 mistakes. Number 9 for Canvey played well i thought and the keeper was very good .Colin Wall = woeful. Referee was a ryman luvvie though definitely !!! Credit to Canvey fans who didnt stop singing all night, made it a proper atmosphere. Was hoping for a bigger crowd than 274 though .

ps. thanks for the "you fat b@stard" shouts . That is the first time i have heard them !

What i saw of it from the clubhouse end, and everybody around me thought the same, it was a stone wall penalty. Still it was a goodish game,the yellow army usually make more noise than that, but then again the opposition make some noise as well. 274 wasn't a bad crowd, would be much bigger, maybe double, if the game was more important.

I think the weather didnt help aswell with the crowd figure.

It was a definite pen , our guy had an open goal there was no way he was going to go down when he could have just tapped it in .

Never mind , hopefully we get some luck on saturday

Originally Posted By: CIFC JACKO
defender was one of my mates ricky allen
plays in the 18's, a very good defender in my opinion.

I thought the blonde lad who played number 4 alongside Colin Wall was Jordan Mumford?

Thought a crowd of 274 was pretty good for a Thameside Trophy game and not bad considering the weather wasn't great.

The young lads did really well. Both Kieron and Victor had good games, working very hard and showing some great touches.

Concord played well at times but think we just edged it.

All the best to Concord for Saturday's big game.

Originally Posted By: CRFC BOSS
You lot were lucky last night, We showed we are more than capable of mixing it at Ryman level.

Lucky, do me a favour!

First half we bossed the game, though to be fair you had the better of the last 25 minutes. You missed too many chances to win the match, but as the song goes "that's why your Senior League!"

Also, I think you would have found the match a bit tougher had the likes of Danny Curran, Jay Curran, Clydie Roberts, Nicky Rugg, etc played.

Well done anyway, it was an entertaining evening though not the best of matches. Good luck on Saturday.

No worries mate.