Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Interview with John Gibson...

I'm thinking of taping it and putting out a pirate version on one of my telephone numbers. What's that called? 'Setting fire' or something.<p>That local hack did a 20 minute interview with the Chairman on Saturday and he is releasing 3 or 4 minutes each day this week on the Saintsline.

Yesterday's instalment concerned the budget for next season and JG confirmed that we must pay our [wor?] way. He is hoping to see home gates of 600 next year. He mentioned the free kids scheme [i know three that he can have] and apparently there were 93 tickets collected on Saturday. That is terrific. Well done to The Missus. He wants to see 200 or so at home games next year. <p>Today he mentioned Arsenal Ladies F.C. and said that it is unlikely to make loadsamoney but it offers prestige and something or other in the community. He was asked about the playing side over the past few weeks and next season. He said that he felt we have lacked confidence without Corey and Derek Brown. He said that next season is up to the Managers. For him, however, he wants to see some muscle. He talked about retaining 6 or 7 of the current squad. He doesn't seem to rate players from higher leagues and talked about some from lower divisions locally and some youngsters. Unusually candid, really. Not that he isn't a candid chap, I mean't unusually candid for a Chairman at this stage of the season. The same as that press release. <p>In tomorrow's episode, he is talking about his ambitions for The Club over the next few years and Tavs said something about "It might not be The Isthmian League" but you know what he's like. Anything to sell more papers.<p>That will be 25 guineas. Fee account in post Thanks.

A tad concerned here. The Chairman does not mention the reserves, preferring to talk about developing lower league players and youth. A lot of time and effort has gone in to putting together a properly structured reserve side, in a good Saturday league, with a view to producing first team players of the future. Hopefully using local boys who want to play for the club and not a bunch of mercenaries who are in it for the money (not true in all cases I might add).<p>If we (the club) get this right, then the future of the club on the playing side, while not being assured, is a lot healthier than previously, where it has been necessary to bring in loan players and 'play the kids'. <p>I would like to see the Club offering wholehearted support to the chaps in this venture. It's something that is new and needs everyone (EFM welcome)to get behind in order to succeed.<p>Lastly a big thank you to the Supporters club who I understand have offered to help out on the financial front.

Hmmnnn.<p>If you listened to that part of the interview today, you're right that The Chairman didn't mention the establishment of a well-organised Reserve side for next season. <p>However, the way I heard it, and I might be wrong, he was answering a question from DT concerning the likely make-up of the 1st team for the start of next season. It was there that he referred to local lower league and younger players.<p>In any event, surely there can be no doubt that the Club is offering wholehearted support to Vince and Kevin for the Reserves for next season. <p>Oh, by the way. What is all this thanks to the Supporters Club stuff? That's my line!

I don't think we want to get too hung up about what the Chairman did or didn't say in an impromptu interview with the Saintsline. If you've got any concerns why not address them to him personally - you'll only get silly remarks coming on here - I should know, most of them come from me! wink.gif" border="0 wink.gif" border="0

It would seem to me that whenever Mr. Gibson wants to communicate with the fans, he tries to get Ian Rogers to do it for him. I'm still not sure why. Perhaps it's to do with the Firm. Who knows?<p>Rob. How can we address the Chairman personally? I've only seen him in the clubhouse once after a match, and seeing as there aren't any more matches for 10 weeks or so, what can we do?

Tom, have you not heard of the telephone? I'm sure the reserve team managers would have his number. And anyway, his place is in the Directors' lounge with the other officials and, ahem, board members. I'm quite happy if he prefers to communicate through the programme notes or supporters club, if that's his style then fair enough. I imagine when he's more settled in and knows a few more people he'll get out and about more.

Am I interrupting a bit of a spat here, chaps? Is it the post-season? Whats the problem?<p>The Chairman has been on here. In his programme notes he has invited comment on this message board concerning admission prices. It would seem that he reads this stuff. [Thank goodness for anonymity if he does.]<p>There was a Fans Forum 6 weeks or so ago. He referred then and in his programme notes subsequently to a couple of issues that he wanted to discuss with that Chairman of The Supporters Club chap. Quite right too. Matters of that kind affecting the supporters should be discussed with Ian Rogers and the Committee initially. I didn't read into those comments that he intends to communicate with the fans only through Ian.<p>Anyway. Back to the interview. I'm getting hooked. Good job it's a freephone.<p>Today it's about which League JG sees us in. No, not The South Midlands. Division 1 South actually and then the Conference. He talks about ground improvements at The Park. Relocation. And his level of enjoyment. [70%]<p>That's it. What do you think this is? Reuters.

Yes Alf, I listened to it too this morning, unfortunately I have to pay for it but it only cost me £3.60! The three topics covered are:

• League Prospects
  • Ground Improvements
  • Relocation
with a summary at the end of his feelings about his time at the club. Worth every penny!<p>[The full interview will be available on Sunday]<p>Fee to the usual address.