Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 16-December 17 )

• Photo
    Lil Dave

• Photo
    smila

• Photo
    LAMMAS

• Photo
    Cerebus

• Photo
    Maffblue

• Photo
    realmickstevo79

Photo

can we score 8 this saturday

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
42 replies to this topic

offline syrup

syrup
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
  • Twitter
Won 5-1 Chris Thomas 2, Danny Jones, OG, Deniz Mehmet

offline ENFIELD GRIFFIN

ENFIELD GRIFFIN
  • Reserves
Re the O G .The No 2 couldn't believe his soft header back to his keeper slipped though his Keeper's hands ,Funny thing was nobody cheered at first as it looked like it rolled into the side netting . It was only when No2 put his hands on his head in disbelief that we all realised it had in fact rolled just inside the post.

Another match we should have scored many more ,5-1 looks good but lots more were missed .

offline ENFIELD GRIFFIN

ENFIELD GRIFFIN
  • Reserves
Originally Posted By: Pathfinder
5-1 is my prediction Jones'y & C T two each
Top marks that man and C T got two Danny Jones one applause applause applause

offline TopGun

TopGun
  • First XI - Sub
  • Supports: Enfield , West Ham .
  • Foes: You know who ,Grrrrr
Enfield 5-1 Beaumont Athletic

In the opening moments Jack Coomes slips a ball through to Danny Jones but he missed his kick . Chris Thomas gets into a good position but Danny Jones pass completely wrong foots him 2 mins. Deniz Mehmet puts over a good cross on 8 mins and Danny Jones heads home but a late flag ruled it offside .A shot by Beaumont's Justin Zakaria from 25 yards but Steve Wright was well positioned to deal with it 10 mins. A nasty collision between Chris Thomas & Beaumont keeper Amando Hull had both of them needing lengthy treatment . A good cross by Danny Jones but Chris Thomas was inches off target with his header 17 mins. Graeme Butler puts over a good cross but nobody could force the ball home 22 mins. E's went ahead on 27 mins with Graeme Butler's inswinging corner looked to be going in at the back post but Luise Adele thrust out his arm to knock the ball away . Referee Mr Barnes sent off the Beaumont No3 and awarded a penalty . Chris Thomas made no mistake to blast it home 1-0 E's . A cross from Wes Borghys but Chris Green just missed with his header 30 mins. A cross by Sean Clarke but Danny Jones hooks his shot over the bar 32 mins. Danny Jones breaks through but Amando Hull was out quickly to clear 33mins. A rare attack from Beaumont and Chris Green felt the full force of Aaron Hutchings elbow as they Jumped for the ball , With E's No6 sprawlled out Mr Barnes only produced a yellow card much to everybody's dismay ??? A dazed Chris Green was led from the field with Lee Benmore replacing him 38 mins. E's were furthur ahead on 43 mins as Chris Thomas found some space to run into and his precision cross found Danny Jones who rammed it home 2-0 E's . Beaumomt sub Juan Lopez on for Aaron Hutchings 45 mins. H/T

2nd Half ....... Chris Thomas shot was saved 46 mins. And on 48 mins it was 3-0 to E's as Sean Clarke overhits a cross over the heads of Danny Jones and Chris Thomas but Beaumont No2 Litan Zaman's attempt to nod the ball back to Amando Hull resulted in the Beaumont keeper somehow allowing the ball to slip through his fingers and roll into the bottom corner,With the Beaumont defender expressing his displeasure in no uncertain terms.
A good chance for Danny Jones on 50 mins but he puts it wide . On 53 mins it was 4-0 E's as Sean Clarke 's run into the box saw him sent tumbling over by Jamie Myers ,Mr Barnes had no hesitation and pointed to the spot . Chris Thomas again made no mistake as he thumped it home . A good cross from Chris Thomas and Danny Jones fires over the bar 56 mins . Danny Jones overhead kick was saved by Amando Hull 58 mins. (E's sub Dave "The Cat" Stevenson replaces Steve Wright 60 mins & for Beaumont Abu Supian on for Justin Zakaria & Abdi Samater on for Awaob Hussain). (E's sub Dave Parkinson on for Danny Jones 65 mins) A shot from Graeme Butler goes wide on 68 mins . And on 71 mins it was 5-0 E's as Graeme Butler's freekick out on the touchline was glanced home by Deniz Mehmet . A booking for Beaumont's Baron Lavin for holding Jack Coomes back 77 mins .Dave Parkinson puts one over the bar on 79 mins . Dave Parkinson again has a shye but this time he's inches wide 80 mins.A consolation for Beaumont as Mark Whittington was seen to tug Spiro Suza's shirt on the edge of the box , And It was Spiro Suza himself who struck the freekick through E's wall and into the bottom corner 5-1 E's 85 mins. Paul Oshin blasts wide 86 mins. A moment of madness from the Lady assistant as Dave Parkinson broke clear and his shot smacked against the underside of Beaumont's crossbar and bounced a mile over the line and out again but she incredibly indicated it hadn't crossed the line ??? 87 mins. A brilliant full stretch save by Amando Hull kept out Jack Coomes piledriver 89 mins. And in stoppage time a 30 yard drive from Mark Whittington looked to have caught Amando Hull off his line but he somehow managed to regain his ground by falling backwards to tip the ball over the bar.F/T
Att 104

Enfield 1 Steve Wright 2 Mark Whittington 3 Graeme Butler 4 Paul Oshin 5 Wesley Borghys 6 Chris Green 7 Deniz Mehmet 8 Jack Coomes 9Danny Jones 10 Chris Thomas 11 Sean Clarke. subs 12 Lee Benmore 14 Elvis Balic 15 Ricardo Armado 16 Dave Parkinson 17 Dave Stevenson.

Beaumont 1 Amando Hull 2 Litan Zaman 3 Luise Adele 4 aaron Hutchings 5 Jamie Myers 6 Baron Lavin 7 Antone Luis 8 Dobi Aliah 9 Awoab Hussain 10 Spiro Susa 11 Justin Zararia

subs 12 Abu Supian 14 Juan Lopez 17 Abdi samater 18 Ide Omombolal

offline MK James

MK James
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
  • Supports: Enfield & Brimsdown United (2010)

Another ace match report Top Gun. Many thanks. Another 3 points in the bag, still looking good.

offline TopGun

TopGun
  • First XI - Sub
  • Supports: Enfield , West Ham .
  • Foes: You know who ,Grrrrr
A very tough one on tuesday James ,Romford are a very good side and we'll need to be at our best on this one .... Are you going ?

offline MK James

MK James
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
  • Supports: Enfield & Brimsdown United (2010)

Don't know yet. The clutch has blown on my motor. Russ has offered to drive but he drives so slow that we probably won't get back 'til 2 in the morning and I have to be up at 5. grin

offline Football Man

Football Man
  • National Squad - 1st XI
Originally Posted By: TopGun
Att 104

I carried out a headcount during the first half and there were 63 people in the ground. Where were the other 41 hiding?

offline JAX

JAX
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
  • Supports: Enfield FC
  • Foes: Anyone who plays us.
you need to learn to count ?

offline SirGarfieldSober

SirGarfieldSober
  • Spectator
sad individual,
try going and watching the townies - counting up to ten then assuming that the other 224 of the 234 crowd must have stayed in the bar.

or were you cunting our missed chances as there were enough of them.
i hope this league doesnt go to goal diff as saturday will have cost us should have been at least 10, an embarrasing OG, 2 pens all be it both would have been goals but for some "interference".

It will be the games the top three have v romford and eton manor that will decide to league, wins against those will be much more difficult.

offline Hookey

Hookey
  • Supports: Bowers & Pitsea FC and West Ham Utd
  • Fav. Player(s): Manuel Lanzini
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
Originally Posted By: SirGarfieldSober
sad individual,
try going and watching the townies - counting up to ten then assuming that the other 224 of the 234 crowd must have stayed in the bar.

i hope this league doesnt go to goal diff as saturday will have cost us should have been at least 10, an embarrasing OG, 2 pens all be it both would have been goals but for some "interference".

It will be the games the top three have v romford and eton manor that will decide to league, wins against those will be much more difficult.

Freudian slip??? doh

offline Football Man

Football Man
sad individual

Funny, nobody was calling me a sad individual when I sponsored the Race for Life effort that a couple of your ladies took part in last year! Of course, what would have made me a sad individual would have been if I'd accepted Terry Back's offer to become the Club's Secretary all those years ago!

Perhaps the sad individual is the one that doesn't recognise a tongue in cheek comment when they see it?

Yes, it should have been at least 10 and it probably would have been with Sherwin playing. However, I thought there was a bit too much "after you, Claude" going on and players not taking responsibility enough for getting shots in. The signs were there in the first minute when your forward had an open shot 20 yards out but tried to slide the ball through to his marked partner instead. There are times when a greedy attitude is needed.

online lovely stuff

lovely stuff
Quote:
I carried out a headcount during the first half and there were 63 people in the ground. Where were the other 41 hiding?

Why did you recieve abuse for an honest comment? maybe they didn't wan't the cat let out of the bag?

offline russ

russ
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
you cheeky git james must be the way you push my car when im driving it at least its all down hill to romford from MK let me no if your going mate give me a few hours to do a 5 min trip thats all uphill lol

russ

offline BrimsdownRover

BrimsdownRover
  • Reserves
  • Foes: Townies , Chesnuts.
  • Fav. Sport(s): Futsal
Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
Quote:

Why did you recieve abuse for an honest comment? maybe they didn't wan't the cat let out of the bag?
you are so two faced lovely stuff .I would say you had about 160-170 on saturday in brimmo ,Even your own club members are publicly stating people are voting with their feet and before you ask No I DID NOT PAY TO GET IN I NEVER DO, NEITHER DID SOPPY EITHER.

online lovely stuff

lovely stuff
I didn't think you could count past 50.

As in 50% of the lease. beer

offline The Penguin

The Penguin
  • Reserves
sad individual,

A most inappropriate spelling young man . blush

offline Son of Sam

Son of Sam
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
Quote:

I would be concerned about your own clubs goings ons If I was you stuffy . Not ours

online lovely stuff

lovely stuff
Not trying to start a fight. It just seemed a strange exchange of posts between two fellow fans.

PS..Thank you for your continued custom at The Downs.Much appreciated.

offline SirGarfieldSober

SirGarfieldSober
  • Spectator
oops
my typign hsa always been a bit dodgy .....
fingers crossed for a win at romford tomorrow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus