Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

James Russell

Linneycifc

Brilliant news. Would love to see him stay until the end of the season.

Think he was on the bench last week against Redbridge.

Thats good news..

I just think it has shown over the last few weeks what a difference it makes having a GK that commands his box and does all the basic's to high level.

A solid GK breeds confidence to the back 4 and wins you points that can make a huge difference at the end of the season.

Its great we have a number of GK options

• 5 months later...

Looks like James Russel could be on his way out of Stevenage.

Would we be interested in signing him? He made a huge difference to us during the second half of last season.

"Stevenage boss Graham Wesley has started to reduce the squad, with Jack Bradshaw out on loan to Maidenhead and Eliott Buchanan going to Boreham Wood on loan. Hendon have an interest in James Russell and George Brinkman, whilst Scott Balderson, Peter Vincenti and Luke Cole all travelled to Havant and Waterlooville today for loan talks."

Would be great to see Russell back even if it was only on loan.

Originally Posted By: Mini Goose
if we wanted to loan him then i reckon he would want to come over. Especially now we are Ryman Premier.

funny you said that MG because Hendon apparently want him so I could see him going to Canvey easily

Originally Posted By: MOB Snr
It would be nice to see James back at the club, although I feel on recent performances Mel & Ricky both deserve a run!!

Thats a fair shout MOB SNR...

Although i would have Mel as my number one just for his experience and communication to the back line..

For me the GK position is going to be key this year, John needs to get it right otherwise it could cost us.

Roll on the 16th!!