Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Troops to Kosova?

Hi staines Rebel,ANORTHER SAD DAY FOR THIS COUNTRY,i am sick to the teeth of us getting invovled in all these wars, who the hell do we think we are, sorry i mean our rubbish goverment, with Blair and Brown two cheeks of the same backside, so called leaders , i really do feel sorry for the familys who have lost there loved ones and for soldiers who are fighting in Iraq, BUT I KNEW LIKE MILLIONS OF OTHERS there was no weapons of mass distruction,lies,and i hope some one from the goverment reads this, i like many others have held a job helping others, brought up my family in the best possible way, by the way Blair and Brown for every rocket you have fired would have created much needed hospital beds and nurses'and certain life saving treatments, and a=e units, hang your heads in shame.Blue fan.

Surely it's part of the job description, if you are in the army, to go and sort out the problems, of other countries when force is needed ?

What else have they been training for...

the main problem with sending the armed forces all over the world, is the lack of support and decent equipment, they go with !

We voted in Blair+Brown, even if the Tories had won recent elections, the army would still have been sent...it's not a political point

So Greg dyke, what about the IRAQ WAR seems to have gone completely over your head? you seem like one of these politicians who seem to be far away as possible from what the people feel in this country The mass detruction is the likes of bush and blair -brown going around the world thinking we own the place, and to do what we like,you say its non politcal so why is RUSSIA , SERBIA, AND CHINA AGAINST IT? and you say its non political, so for every women ,child ,and man that the goverment has killed with their missles, rockets, is ok then , NON POLITICAL,BRITAIN AND AMERICA are making this world more dangerous and unstable place to live in , shouldn't we be more interested in our own back yard, like reclaiming our streets back from the yobs? and sorting our problems out .Blue Fan.

Active Diplomacy for a Changing World: The UK's International Priorities

We have identified a number of strategic international priorities for the UK over the next five to ten years. They underline how closely domestic and international policies are now linked:

• Making the world safer from global terrorism and weapons of mass destruction

• Reducing the harm to the UK from international crime, including drug trafficking, people smuggling and money laundering

• Preventing and resolving conflict through a strong international system

• Building an effective and globally competitive EU in a secure neighbourhood

• Supporting the UK economy and business through an open and expanding global economy, science and innovation and secure energy supplies

• Achieving climate security by promoting a faster transition to a sustainable, low carbon global economy.

• Promoting sustainable development and poverty reduction underpinned by human rights, democracy, good governance and protection of the environment

• Managing migration and combating illegal immigration

• Delivering high-quality support for British nationals abroad, in normal times and in crises

• Ensuring the security and good governance of the UK's Overseas Territories

All I would ask is you all leave your minds open to both sides of every story.

Hi willow the cat nice to talk to you,what you have said is text book perfect-1.Whos the biggest arms sellers? any way a lot of what you have said I agree with. But with the way we act around the world with America at times, i believe it makes us a much higher target for all the terrorists around the world, i dont have anything against our army, i am truly proud of them , but i do have a problem with our politicians, who lie to us , i noticed you havn't mentioned about the problems of our street crime by these gangs and yobs who seem to do what they like? Anyway, all i would say never underestimate the silent majority. And i do look at both sides. its been nice talking to you, might see you on here again.Blue Fan.

Blue Fan. I agree with the view of sorting our streets out first, but the post I made was from the FCO site and is linked to the streets of the UK in more ways than people realise. If people read some of them again and put them into the context of ‘so what does this have to do with my street’ they will see the ‘whole’ picture.

'Our' Streets need to be policed by people who have been givin enough power from the Govenment to sort the problems out.

HI Willo the Cat, i am not trying to be funny, but what is the FCO site? i am just being honest. i do beleve the police have one arm behind there back, when dealing with these things, i hate saying this but when i was young early70s the bobby on the sreet new most local people and if he told you off you would freeze on the spot because of the respect you had for them, no back chat then.I know i have moaned about this country, but it has a lot of good points aswell i do believe we are a cut above the rest when it comes to a multicultral society, i do think Britain has done really well with this. Blue fan

but it has a lot of good points aswell i do believe we are a cut above the rest when it comes to a multicultral society,

But multicultural is the problem,Gradual intergration is the answer, stand outside of the general community and you will be treated as an outsider.

Hi pabird,yes i think that would be a good way as well but it must come from both sides willing to mingle, and accept each others ways, i have worked for the health service for many years and that alone is very multicultral and has worked for many years and i am proud to have been a part of that, its a shame we can't transfer this into our communitys? nice to have spoken to you. Blue fan.

Blue Fan - Actually you might be able to advise me if you don't mind. Someone from our local Community has sent me this e-mail and I'm not entirely sure how to respond to him, obviously the guy is very passionate so perhaps you could possibly give me a steer with a view to giving him some support:

Dear Cliff [bcc local residents]

My local residents association (Chestnuts Northside RA) is extremely concerned at what is happening and what is being promoted for our local health services - especially the many cuts, increasing moves towards privatisation and now the threat of closure to many local GP surgeries. These changes hit the most vulnerable in our society and will only serve to put an even greater burden on our already over-stretched adult and social services (which indeed are also facing cuts).

We support the efforts of the Stop Haringey Health Cuts Coalition (of which I am the Secretary) to publicise the both the consultation meetings and also reality of what is happening - please see the latest statement / update below. The final consultation meeting is on Thursday 28th February, 2pm-4pm at Wood Green library.

If anyone requests it I can send the statement below as an A5 leaflet attachment for printing out and circulating. If anyone wants to be added to the SHHCC email announcements list please let me know.

Dave Morris

42 Falmer Rd, N15

dave@cupboard.org

Stop Haringey Health Cuts Coalition says

DEFEND OUR NHS!

Demand better local services and facilities

Haringey Primary Care Trust have organised a series of Public Meetings to 'consult' about London-wide proposals and how they may affect local services. The final meeting is on Thursday 28th Feb, 2pm-4pm @ Wood Green Library

The PCT are asking:

'What do you want from the NHS? How can we provide services that meet your needs?'

Let them know the answers are:

· more and better services, not cuts

· more resources, not budget cuts

· more staffing, not less

· good neighbourhood facilities, rather than threats to close GP surgeries

· more public accountability, and less privatisation

· genuine empowerment and involvement of users, rather than fake 'consultation' and propaganda

Stop the cuts, closures and privatisation of our local healthcare services

The Government is forcing the NHS to make cuts in patient services and staffing across the UK, including £15-20m of cuts in Haringey over the last 2 years. This hits many of the most vulnerable in our communities:

Hospitals

Hornsey: being rebuilt, but some land sold off, some nearby facilities closed, threat of privatisation of some services

North Mid: cuts in wards

St Ann’s: facing uncertainty, run down of services, and loss of land

Clinics Fortis Green sold. Others facing cuts in services

Services Cuts in family planning, elderly support, & mental health

Staffing Cuts in jobs, de-skilling, and increased workloads

Doctors and dentists

Many oversubscribed, and some going private. Locally-based GP services are now under threat as the Haringey NHS Trust moves ahead with a plan to move many of them into ‘Super Health Centres’, perhaps on the privatised US model.

Say NO! We demand improvements, not cuts!

There’ve been a many anti-cuts protests by residents and health workers - lobbies, rallies, petitions, a local march, public meetings, and tens of thousands of leaflets distributed. As a result the cuts have become a public controversy, some services have been saved or relocated, and some cuts postponed.

The NHS belongs to us! It is a public service, set up to provide good quality and free health care to everyone, throughout our lives. But we need to step up the public pressure on the NHS and the Government to provide the funds for the local services we need in our neighbourhoods.

I / we support the campaign against health cuts ……… Donation [to ‘HTUC’] £……

Name ……………………………. Group (if any) ………………………………….

Contact details (including email if possible) ………………………………………………...

Return to SHHCC: Union Office, St Ann’s Hospital, N15 Chair <keith.flett@btinternet.com> Secretary <info@haringeyresidents.org>

Hi Rhodes, i am sorry to say this is happening all over the country, under diffrent pct trusts, i think the guy has some excellent points, however, being part of my union, unison they also have these points of view and try very hard to get these points over to pct trusts and goverment, its not easy and i do wonder at times that the trusts and goverment have already made there minds up.I could go on and on, as far as signing the campaign against health cuts why not. You will see on my earlier thread that for every rocket and missile we have sent into Iraq and of cause what must it cost every day to keep our armys there, how many beds or A+E units and nurses would that pay for?any way i hope in some small way i have helped despite all this i still really enjoy my job looking after people, mind you it has its moments but the good times out way the bad .Blue fan