Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 21-November 17 )

• Photo
    MartinBFC

• Photo
    rvr

• Photo
    The Mayor Of Simpleton

• Photo
    Zippy

Photo

romford v enfield

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
14 replies to this topic

offline russ

russ
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
1,wright 2,whittington 3,butler 4,oshin 5,borghys 6,thomas
7,mehmet 8,coomes 9,jones 10,parkinson 11,armado 12,benmore
14,clarke 15,hughes 16,robinson glk,harris

offline russ

russ
romford 1 v enfield 0 33 mins

offline russ

russ
romford 1 v enfield 0 h/t

very few chances to either team they scored we didnt

offline blanchflower

blanchflower
is this league or cup?

offline russ

russ
league now 2-0 down

russ

offline russ

russ
romford 2 v enfield 0

offline russ

russ
romford 2 v enfield 1 borghys 90 mins final score

offline Repoman

Repoman
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
  • Supports: Romford
As usual between these two sides this was nip and tick. Enfield had the better of the first half but Boro got their noses in front with a volley that looped over the keeper's head.

Romford had more of the second half and a long range shot from Makin doubled the advantage before Enfield pulled one back late on.

Makes the top of the table interesting, although more interesting than I would imagine Enfield would want!

offline football fanatic

football fanatic
  • Spectator
Just shows how much we rely on Shwerwin doesen't it? Maybe we need another forward who can deliver goals too. Another throw away for us, we cannot afford to throw away games we are perfectly capable of winning. in my opinion Ricardo is NOT good enough and does not show the commitment or the strength needed, why didn't we play sean clarke on the left like on saturday? Why does Elvis Ballic never play? He should be playing in a league at least one higher than this one. Great game for Jimmy and Jack Coombes so WHY take Coombes off when he is one of the few putting in their all and winning balls? First half we over powered Romford with strong tackles and we played football, i felt it was bad luck to go in at half time without a goal. Second half we played it all in the air, just hitting and hoping for a break. How can the forwards get hold of the ball and start playing it around? We don't use Deniz enough, he has the potential to open up whole teams and set up goals but we rarely play it down the wings, instead just choosing to hoof it up the field!
Sort it out Kevin, get the players fired up for games and actually playing football along the ground and thinking about what their doing!

offline Son of Sam

Son of Sam
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
Yes we did miss Sherwin even if he doesn't score he keeps defence's busy, this was the difference between us and Romford , Tonight we missed Chris Green who is still nursing the elbow in the head he copped on saturday , You cant take anything away from Romford That second goal was a cracker from a good 25-30 yards out , We just put in to little too late ,Romford's chances went in ours didn't . Jack was taken off because he got a knock and Danny Jones going off with a cut eye didn't help either ,I think you are a bit harsh on Rick Armardo ,He did set up Wes's goal and also Chris Thomas just after , I think Chris would be disappointed that he skyed it a mile over .

offline football fanatic

football fanatic
  • Spectator
ok, he has occasional good spells but i cannot see any consistency which is what we desperately need coming to the end of the season along with more strength , i think we have better players in the squad who could fill the spot in my opinion.

offline TopGun

TopGun
  • First XI - Sub
  • Supports: Enfield , West Ham .
  • Foes: You know who ,Grrrrr
Romford 2-1 Enfield .....With Romford very much in form This game was always going to be difficult without the suspended Sherwin Stanley,Adilson Lopes and crocked Chris Green .

A very quiet opening to the game with nieither side able to take control , Paul Oshin felt a bad tackle from Lee Cornhill on 6 mins but the Referee only gave out a mild lecture . The first chance fell to Danny Jones as he met Deniz Mehmet's cross but he nudged it narrowly wide on 11 mins. Dave Parkinson was put through but Neil Finn was alert enough to hoof the ball clear 16 mins . Paul Oshin's freekick was tee'd up for Ricardo Armado but his shot clipped the outside of Romford's post with Neil Finn well beaten 18 mins . Romford's first clear opportunity fell to Martin Heed but Steve Wright was well behind his effort 23 mins , A cross from Manzi Mbala looked promising for Romford but Bradley Jones misses the ball 27 mins. Jack Coomes was booked for a foul 31 mins. Slightley against the run of play Romford went ahead as Paul Clayton's freekick was partially cleared but Bradley Jones from the edge of the box caught Steve Wright off his line with a mishit shot which looped over the E's keeper 1-0 Romford 33 mins. For the rest of the half E's had a lot of terratorial possesion but Only Danny Jones had any sort of opportunity as he swept Deniz Mehmet's through ball inches wide 41 mins . H/T

E's began the second half reasonably well with Ricardo Armado's shot being deflected wide ,Danny Jones slips a ball through to Dave Parkinson but again Neil Finn was out quickly to claim the ball . Dave Parkinson gets through Romford's rearguard but his shot went disappointingly off target 51 mins.(Romford sub Ricky Mackin on for Martin Heed 53 mins) Romford finally get through E's offside trap and Steve Wright saves brilliantly from Manzi Mbala on 56 mins . Romford increased their lead on 57 mins with a 30 yard piledriver out of the blue from Ricky Mackin which went like a guided missile past a surprised Steve Wright,2-0 Romford . (E's sub Neil Hughes on for Jack Coomes 60 mins) It could have got much worse for E's as Steve Wright saves well from Bradley Jones 64 mins. (E's sub Sean Clarke on for the heavily bloodied Danny Jones 65 mins) A shot by Sean Clarke was blocked by Lee White 74 mins. Romford's Bobby Port was booked for a hack at Ricardo Armado 77 mins. E's evening was pretty much summed up as Wes Borghys's goalbound drive hit Chris Thomas and rolled behind 81 mins. A good try again by Romford's Ricky Mackin but Steve Wright was well positioned to make the save 84 mins. A booking for Manzi Mbala as he clipped Ricardo Armado's heels 89 mins On 90 mins Ricardo Armado's corner is cleared and falls to Wes Borghys who curls a great shot over the stranded Neil Finn 2-1 Romford . (Jerry Lyons replaces Ade Onileyan 92 mins for Romford) E's had one final chance as Dave Parkinson crosses but Chris Thomas with the goal gaping somehow manages to spoon it over the bar .

Romford 1 Neil Finn 2 Bobby Port 3 Erkan Ozerek 4 Paul Clayton 5 Lee White 6Lee Cornhill 7 Martin Heed 8 Danny Rafis 9 Brad Jones 10 Manzi Mbala 11 Ade Onileyan subs 12 Jerry Lyons 14 Ricky Mackin 15 Kevin Neville 16 James Gammons 17 Wayne Martin

E's 1 Steve Wright 2 Mark Whittington 3 Graeme Butler 4 Paul Oshin 5 Wes Borghys 6 Chris Thomas 7 Deniz Mehmet 8 Jack Coomes 9 Danny Jones 10 Dave Parkinson 11 Ricardo Armado subs 12 Lee Benmore 14 Elvis Balic 15 Neil Hughes 16 Carl Robinson 17 Ashley Harris

offline TopGun

TopGun
  • First XI - Sub
  • Supports: Enfield , West Ham .
  • Foes: You know who ,Grrrrr
Originally Posted By: football fanatic
ok, he has occasional good spells but i cannot see any consistency which is what we desperately need coming to the end of the season along with more strength , i think we have better players in the squad who could fill the spot in my opinion.
A bit past your bed time Isn't it Jamie ? Ricardo isn't the only member of the squad that has bad spells ,there are others besides him . But I wont name names . I did speak to kevin after saturdays game and I commented on how many chances go over the top and he and Kevin Hand are both frustrated at the players concerned ,At training they hardly ever miss, but on matchdays they miss time and again . Kevin is trying to get them to keep the ball down,

offline football fanatic

football fanatic
  • Spectator
Bed time What's that? grin But why didn't we just play Clarke on the left like on saturday? Just looks as if we are putting out a weaker team than we should be. ( Clarke, Ballic etc)

offline Pathfinder

Pathfinder
  • Reserves
Rumours are rife that Owen Beale has left Arlesey , would you rather see him back as our No 11 or keep Riccardo ? It is beginning to notice about the ammount of chances we have and miss SO COME ON BOYS PLEASE GET THEM ON TARGET ,IF THEY ARE OFF TARGET THEY DON'T GO IN ...............KEEP em DOWN !!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus