Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Paul Gascoigne

Detained on Tuesday evening at a Gateshead hotel under the Mental Health Act, allegedly !

I remember reading that Gazza suffered from Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, a very nasty condition that is impossible for normal people to understand, I took the following from an internet site:

I only met Gazza the once when my son played against Spurs in a closed doors match and the injured Gazza was a spectator, he encouraged players in both sides equally and appeared a very charming and likable man.

Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder

Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) is a type of anxiety disorder in which people suffer from recurrent, unwanted thoughts or ideas (obsessions); engage in repetitive, irrational behaviors or mental acts (compulsions); or both. Among people with OCD, carrying out the compulsive behavior tends to ease feelings of anxiety while repressing the compulsive behavior causes stress.

Yesterdays 'Daily Snail' reports that Gazza had stayed in the hotel for 4 days and had been acting in a very strange manner inluding walking round the premises with battery operated parrots and asking staff to fetch raw liver as it was good for them.

On the night in question, he set off all the hotel fire-alarms, causing the hotel to be evacuated, and when asked to leave himself, gripped a hotel porter firmly by the throat !!!