Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 23-October 17 )

• Photo
    Canary Saint

• Photo
    GNFC til i die

• Photo
    Town Statto

• Photo
    Don Douglas

• Photo
    UpTheBulls

• Photo
    lecof

• Photo
    davelfc

• Photo
    hilson

• Photo
    davidace23

• Photo
    Dave EUFC

• Photo
    RicharDinGlasgoW94

• Photo
    wakeling

• Photo
    non league fan

Photo

Apsa v Enfield

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
29 replies to this topic

offline JAX

JAX
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
  • Supports: Enfield FC
  • Foes: Anyone who plays us.
Ah but you took Richard Heywood . That did you the world of good mate .

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
  • National Squad - 1st XI
Once bitten.........

He was a disaster.Recommended by someone on the Spurs coaching staff no less. doah

Was he a plant working under cover to stitch us up???If so, he did a good job.Two games was more than enough, thank you.

offline Man From Mars

Man From Mars
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
  • Supports: The E's
  • Foes: The Cliquey Clan
  • Fav. Player(s): Anyone who scores against the cliquey Townies
Good point that jackie , And not forgetting john Stevenson , She's got you by the short n curley's there eh mate.

offline Man From Mars

Man From Mars
  • Supports: The E's
  • Foes: The Cliquey Clan
  • Fav. Player(s): Anyone who scores against the cliquey Townies
Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
Once bitten.........

He was a disaster.Recommended by someone on the Spurs coaching staff no less. doah

Was he a plant working under cover to stitch us up???If so, he did a good job.Two games was more than enough, thank you.

Working under cover thats a good one , Blame old misery guts for signing him then . I never rated chandler you ask steph and Tom what I said about him when we was at borham wood . HE WAS A CRAP MANAGER THEN AND STILL IS he lived off Gary Calder's players for a while and made him look good . You know what your problem is mate The main one is your people on the committee are too cliquey with him.

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
Nice try MFM. asien

Correct me if i'm wrong,but wern't Stephenson and Haywood first team players.There in lies the difference.

offline BladeRunner

BladeRunner
  • Supports: Sheffield United, Enfield ,
  • Foes: Sheffield Wednesday. Leeds Utd, Townies.
  • Fav. Sport(s): Cricket . Darts , Crown Green
Did you not previously say that Graeme Butler was a good signing ,Its a bit hyocritical of you to now say otherwise in suggesting he's dead wood . Oh and talking of plants I still haven't forgotton Byfield that you lot got unloaded on us . doh

Kev you still going to southend , Let me know so i can stand on the other side of the ground bolt

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
Originally Posted By: Man From Mars
Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
Once bitten.........

Working under cover thats a good one , Blame old misery guts for signing him then . I never rated chandler you ask steph and Tom what I said about him when we was at borham wood . HE WAS A CRAP MANAGER THEN AND STILL IS he lived off Gary Calder's players for a while and made him look good . You know what your problem is mate The main one is your people on the committee are too cliquey with him.

Jim Chandler has won 8 trophies for Enfield Town FC since 2001.(as well as holding the record for league goals scored in a season,and record away league games without a defeat).I'm sure you would have been delighted with that amount of success in that timeframe.Would you not?? The fact that Jim has now taken us as far as he can,doesn't negate the fact that he has been a highly successful manager for us,especially in his first five years,and was the the sort of stabiising boss we needed as a newly formed club.Now that you are a newly formed club, i'm sure you'd be happy if Kevin Lucus could bring you as many League and cup wins in his first 5 years.He's certainly done a great job so far.

offline BladeRunner

BladeRunner
  • Supports: Sheffield United, Enfield ,
  • Foes: Sheffield Wednesday. Leeds Utd, Townies.
  • Fav. Sport(s): Cricket . Darts , Crown Green
Its early days yet . But we have four/ Five teams in this league that just as good as we are , you only had Leyton to compete with back in your first season ,So i think it'll be more difficult for us this season than it was for you in your first season.

offline Gazza

Gazza
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
Originally Posted By: BladeRunner
Did you not previously say that Graeme Butler was a good signing ,Its a bit hyocritical of you to now say otherwise in suggesting he's dead wood . Oh and talking of plants I still haven't forgotton Byfield that you lot got unloaded on us . doh
Kev you still going to southend , Let me know so i can stand on the other side of the ground bolt

Butler was a good signing, never did understand why we let him go, could walk into our team at the moment.
Never rated Stevenson as for Byfield the only thing I saw him do was win the end of season penalty competition...........for the fans!!!!!!!

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
Originally Posted By: BladeRunner
Its early days yet . But we have four/ Five teams in this league that just as good as we are , you only had Leyton to compete with back in your first season ,So i think it'll be more difficult for us this season than it was for you in your first season.

Bladerunner. Leyton had a massive budget to jump straight out of the ESL at that time.A situation that happens only once in a blue moon in leagues such as the ESL.We were very unlucky that our first season coincided with the season a millionaire decided to throw money (albeit temperarily) at a step5 club.Also we had no set-up or infrastructure and had to start a new club from scratch,unlike 1893 who already had everything in place including an existing squad of players.

We alsod idn't have fodder such as APSA / Mauritius/Beaumont..etc in the league.Plus the four of five teams you mentioned were just as strong when we were in that league as they are now.The likes of Concord were probably stronger back then.We also never played teams without a full set of five subs,unlike in todays ESL.

So whilst you achievements this year have been great and i think you will win the league (and deserve to do so),don't be under the false impression that such an achievement would be better than Towns first season (especially as we won the cup competitions as well).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus