Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Profit, surely not...

Originally Posted By: peter foster
"Peter, As pointed out, Company's House have a copy of our accounts. If you wish to have a copy, pay the fee..."

Your reluctance to provide the requested information is noted, Gazza. I suspect that the accounts filed will be unlikely to provide the necessary detail....

No reluctance at all Peter but you are not a shareholder and are niether a supporter of Billericay, therefore is no bloody business of yours. If you are THAT interested in how much the players wages are, you can find out for yourself, for a small fee. I'm sure that you wouldn't divulge Chelmsford's players wages if asked and if you knew a figure. With that in mind, I wouldn't be rude enough to ask you either...

But, if you wish to have a frank exchange of information, you first...

"Peter, Braintree's account are also available at Companies House, please help yourself."

Your evasiveness speaks volumes, Iron Webbo....

No 'evasiveness' at all Peter. Do what the rest of us have to do when you want information about a limited company. You would, of course, be entitled to your own copy of our report and accounts Peter, were you a shareholder but, alas, you are not. Would you like to invest?

"I still say that any club in non League football that can display a trading profit is doing well. I am happy that we at Cressing Road are moving forward and making progress and it seems that is also the case at New Lodge."

"Display" being the operative word, Iron Webbo....

Are you suggesting that accounts are not entirely accurate Peter? Think carefully before answering!

Unc. yes I'm sure, we were happy jogging along working out if we should put in a bid for Ronaldinho and discussing the delights of Stock village then this:

"very few NL clubs make a profit and certainly you and ricay aint amongst them....unless of course your subsidies are written off to sponsorship...even then the cash gets hidden...."

There is a significant difference between income and a subsidy imo, EG, if there was a requirement to run a railway between point A and B, and the cost of doing so outweighed the income, then that would need a subsidy.

Billericay calculates it expenditure pre season, and that expenditure is wholly dependent on its expected income.

If these is a shortfall further down the line, then cuts are made, subsidies are not given.

When we were made to make ground improvements for the purpose of meeting the new grading requirement we had a shortful.

The extra money needed to undertake those jobs was raised by our fans, and was declared as extra income. Our supporters were well aware that had they not managed to raise the relevant sum, then there would have been cuts made to the playing budget, subsidy was not an option.

You have argued that subsidies have been written off to sponsorship.

I see it like this, a company pays for a compilation of advertisning, sponsorship, and corporate hospitality, we don't know the figure, but we will assume that the whatever it is, it is to high for sake of argument.

Is that not bad management by the advertisers, a waste of there shareholders money, a risk that they running with thier business.

Is it not also good business for the Football club, after all, here they are getting above the normal expected rate for advertising, thus boosting their annual income.

I would also pose this question, if our current shirt sponsor. who isn't a shareholder, brought a significant number of shares, and continued his shirt sponsorship deal, would his money which you agree is now income, become a subsidy?

You may well see the whole income sponsorship thing differently to me, and I accept that.

I just wonder as to why you felt the need to question our accounts, the validity of our profit, and suggest that cash is hidden. Or was those comments meant for Braintree only, its not clear?- if they were, then please accept my apology

Peter, as you well know, the accounts at companies house will not show our wage bill, and we have no legal requirement to show such information to our shareholders.

Do you pose such questions on the soapbox to your own club?

sycophant, theres a word I haven't heard for a while.

Originally Posted By: Localfan
At the risk of being called a 'sycophant' TC, thanks for the interesting points of view from you and UU..... applause

Ok Gary/Rik, lower the tone and continue the abuse below.... bootyshake

Can't see any abuse on this thread LF...

Perhaps you should pratice what you preach and be a little less thin skinned old boy... evil

Originally Posted By: GazzaBTFC
Originally Posted By: Localfan
At the risk of being called a 'sycophant' TC, thanks for the interesting points of view from you and UU..... applause

Ok Gary/Rik, lower the tone and continue the abuse below.... bootyshake

Can't see any abuse on this thread LF...

Perhaps you should pratice what you preach and be a little less thin skinned old boy... evil

Ok see you over a beer at NL soon Gary......... grin