Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday v AFC Sudbury

No mention of the match yet, which considering how big it is to both clubs is surprising. We should have a fairly large contingent, what with the supporters game in the morning and our manager kindly donating a free coach for the others. Expect over 100.We always look forward to this one and your fans will have to up their game as we now have several drums and an air raid siren. Result too close to call though!

Last seasons matches were good to watch and had a great atmosphere both during and after the game, looking forward to more of the same tomorrow drinkies

I just hope the weatherman is wrong, heavy rain and strong winds forecast for tomorrow frown

Agree Con. I don't think gutted is the word although Barnsley beating Chelsea cheered me up. We deserved a draw but a great goal that won the game.

Should at least seal a play off place for Sudbury or maybe better but let's make sure we make those games in hand count and get that place in the top 5. We definitely deserve it.

The wind partially ruined what could've been a good performance by us in most aspects of the game. However we fell into Sudbury's game plan - Canvey have the wind in the first half, keep the score 0-0 at best, Sudbury to take it to us in the second half and then really step it up in the final 15 minutes as we tire.

Definately agree a draw would've been the fairest result, but to be beaten by a quality goal like that you can't argue with it.

What I would argue with is our lack of substitutions. Sudbury had done all their's with 20 minutes to go. Don't think Leon's foul was a sending off offence either. If it had been the Goalkeeper that has done it then, yes, but a booking would've sufficed, he wasn't even in the penalty area and it was a soft foul.

Agree with Colin getting man of the match, him or Dobbo as they were both rock solid. Again though I have to question with Jon Stuart and Dave Kreyling sitting on the bench, could we not have used them in defence rather than Dobbo.

It pains me to see Fanibuyan wearing any number lower than 7 because it's simply a waste of talent. The guy scores two goals as a Striker last week so we drop him all the way back to defensive midfielder, madness.

You could tell Leon and Ruggy haven't played as a striking duo for a while as their communication wasn't great and they were both challenging for the same ball so I don't see why they should've started together yesterday as some experimental strike force. Again Leon was a vital part of a Canvey goal last weekend, whereas Francis yesterday was anonymous after the first 25 minutes.

If we were to be promoted we need to invest in about 4 or 5 players to really bolster our squad and lose the fringe players to stay up. If we aren't promoted we still need 5 players because we have to get promotion next season to keep the crowds coming back. Hopefully Batchy is already planning for his starting XI next season, I know I've definately got an idea who deserves to play.

The days are long gone where the number on your shirt dictates what position you play in, Fanibuyan always gets his tackles in and tracks back anyway so i don`t see how yesterday was much different from usual.

I thought both teams played well in difficult conditions with AFC Sudbury getting the points through a great goal, the game had 0-0 written all over it until then. The one thing that does annoy me about our play is that we don`t shoot enough.

Got to pick ourselves up again, start another unbeaten run and secure that play-off place.

Both defences were excellent yesterday and not a great deal between each team.

We've played worse than yesterday and won in the past.

Important we get on an unbeaten run again especailly as Maldon and Brentwood have started to pick up results again.

Dont want to sound cocky but i think we are too good not to get a play off place. We've played some good football this season and have done very well to get into the play offs after the position we were in boxing day. Aslong as we dont let our heads drop from yesterday and we move on then we should be fine.

I think 6 points from the Witham and WAbbey games are a must to be able to afford to drop any against Dartford on Easter Monday.

Likewise the three games after Dartford for the return game at Sudbury.

I think our final three games of the season are gonna be real challenges for us, that will make or break our play-off position so picking up full points from every game but Dartford and Sudbury are a must. Although I'd love for us to get points from Sudbury and Dartford obviously, but they can be considered a bonus.

For what its worth, I think you are more than good enough to make the play offs and go up. Beating Dartford in the play off final would be the icing on the cake. You are a great bunch of lads (despite the mauling your supporters gave ours in the morning!) and I always really enjoy the games when we meet. I must admit I had come to terms with a draw, but will settle for a wonder goal like that anyday. It would be great to meet up again in the Premier next year!

I'm hoping by the time we play Maldon in our penultimate game of the season we've sealed a play off place.

I don't fancy going there and needing a win to secure a top 5 place although despite their better form recently, they do seem to be leaking a few goals.

Originally Posted By: sudburyroyal
For what its worth, I think you are more than good enough to make the play offs and go up. Beating Dartford in the play off final would be the icing on the cake. You are a great bunch of lads (despite the mauling your supporters gave ours in the morning!) and I always really enjoy the games when we meet. I must admit I had come to terms with a draw, but will settle for a wonder goal like that anyday. It would be great to meet up again in the Premier next year!

Didn't see you yesterday Royal but will try and make your acquaintance at the return fixture in April.

I personally thought the foul was a bit soft but if the referee gives a free kick then he should apply the letter of the law and send their defender off as he is the last man.

It's the lack of consistancy amongst referees that really frustrates people.

We were standing behind the goal, it was definitely a foul, and certainly a sending off. Cant understand why refs get a decision like that so wrong.

Felt gutted to have lost, but i do wish we would shoot more often at goal! Sometimes we try to be a bit too cute, if you don't have a pop you will never score.

The lads must pick themselves up for Saturday now. Any news on our injured players? The Curran brothers for instance?

Oh and well done to Sudbury, a well taken goal - good luck for the rest of the season, so long as you finish one spot below us grin