Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hilary or O'Blimey ?????

Who'll win the Democratic ticket ?

A chance for our American posters to have their say.

Personally, I think it matters not one jot, as John (oven chips) McCain will probably get to be the President in the long run anyway.

Comments on a Ballot (NOT Florida) Slip to...........

• 2 months later...

Urchin Mentalist - I couldn't agree with you more, it has to be Clinton particularly with the families pedigree, Bill was one of the best US Presidents and Hilary can follow in his footsteps.

Still think the overall winner will be John McCain !

John McWho, I think Hilary's name is on the next US Presidency

Which part of the United States of America do you live in Rhodes, to make that statement?

Or are you once AGAIN posting out of pure ignorance?

Hillary Clinton is one of the most two faced lying politicians it has ever been my mis-fortune to meet.

Hillary and Ex-Governor(the second biggest two faced lying politician)Eliot "find me a high priced call girl" Spitzer. toured upstet New York(during their relevant election campaigns)promising affordable housing, health care and jobs for all! Then they go back and cancel Health Care for thousands of Seasonal Workers, employed by the STATE!

We are still waiting for the affordable housing and jobs also!

Not bad, a 100% failure to deliver their promises!

I think you are simply saying that because you have a hang up about me, it was exactly the same on the McCann's thread.

Hillary will make a heaven made President and her policies on health care for example are second to none, I believe she proposes to cover all Americans by lowering the extortionate cost of medical insurance and improve quality. This will offer the good American people more choices and the ones currently without coverage or unhappy with their current package will have a new choice of plans to choose from which will be transparent and affordable unlike the current system where insurance premiums send people into bankruptcy. Hillary's plan provides tax credits for working families to help them cover their costs, these credits ensure that working class Americans never have to pay more than a limited percentage of their income for health care. There will also be no discrimination, unlike now the insurance companies will not be able to deny anybody coverage if they have a pre-existing condition, if someone changes or loses their job they will be able to keep their health care in place without needing to worry.

Very different to what you describe!

I don't have a hang up about you(there you go again..........thinking you are so important!), but your posts, you don't believe the wrong doers (The McCann's),should be punished,and you have little understanding of Billary Clinton!

Have you asked Hilary how she is going to pay for this Health Care Utopia? I did, as did many others, and we were fobbed off with political double talk with no end result. Anyone can promise everyone pie in the sky(Hilary's stock-in-trade), without knowing how to pay for it

Bill was a lilly livered coward, who ran to Canada rather than fight for his country, then in a two faced about turn, was quite prepared to send other Americans to war, if need be as President!

Hilary was 100% behind Bush for the war in Iraq, then turned about face and condemmed Bush when she thought it might harm her personal political agenda!

It is easy to make your assumptions from afar, but you are wrong about her, as the people in upstate New York(and I don't mean just up to Lake George as most politicians seem to think) will tell you! There are plenty of communities above Lake George that are dieing, because of lack of work and high housing prices, fuelled by the rich, buying up houses as holiday homes! She made promises about curing these ills, whilst running as Senator, then turned her back on us to run for President

I am not saying Obama will do any better, but he hasn't made promises he knows he can't keep!

AmericanFLEET FAN, I agree with you they promise the earth antil they get in, i think Mccain will come 3rd, he seems to be hard nosed about the war , stuck in the past rather then looking forward for change, mrs Clinton,well i did like Bill at first, i thought he commanded a great respect around the world but like most politicians, he got caught with his trousers down in more ways then one, respect gone, now to Mr obama who i would love to see as the next american president he has appeal, ideas, and commands a presents and yes he is a black man , wouldn't it be great if america could change the way forward by having the first Black American president Mr obama, in saying that, what would worry me is like the Kennedys ended up shot, because in your country like ours we have some nasty racists who hate anything Black, which i am totally against in any shape or form, I hope America in the next elections take a great opportunity to make great strides at home and the world and show they can move forward and change.

Good post Blue Fan!

Unfortunately you are right, if Obama, and I believe he might be the best alternative of the three, was to be elected, some crackpot with a gun would shoot him.

A lot is made of the Southerners hating "Blacks"(and I don't use that expression as a racist), unfortunately there are many in the Northern States hate them as well!

I still feel(and I hope sincerely I am wrong)that America is still light years away from totaly accepting a Black President!

It would appear from his recent address in Connecticut (see below) that Obama has nosed ahead of Clinton in the Democratic nomination stakes however I still believe that Clinton will be by far the best 'man' for the job. Obama is clearly just an excuse to have the first US black President and should he win the nomination it will be for all the wrong reasons:

Barack Obama deepened his connection to America's most fabled political clan yesterday by stepping in for the indisposed senator Ted Kennedy to deliver a university graduation address on public service.

Hillary Clinton also spent the day remembering the former first family, although in her case she was struggling to contain the damage from a clumsy remark about the assassination of Robert Kennedy in 1968 on the campaign trail.

On a sunlit lawn in Connecticut, Obama replaced Senator Kennedy, who was diagnosed with a malignant brain tumour last week, to deliver the address at Wesleyan University.

His speech was evocative of the late John F Kennedy's call to public service in his 1961 inaugural address, although Obama did not quote the most famous line: "ask not what your country can do for you".

But Obama did pledge to double the Peace Corps, which was founded by Kennedy, and urged graduates to work on environmental and anti-poverty causes.

"After today, you have no excuses. I am asking you, and if I should have the honour of serving this nation as president, I will be asking again in the coming years," he said.

"I intend to make it a cause of my presidency, and I believe with all my heart that this generation is ready, and eager, and up to the challenge."

The symbolism of Obama's appearance at Wesleyan was unmistakable, bestowing the Kennedy family stamp of approval just as the Democrat frontrunner is about to clinch his party's nomination.

Obama has drawn closer to the nomination every day with a steadily accumulation of support from superdelegates. Yesterday, he reached 1,975, putting him just 51 delegates away from the figure of 2,025 which would give him the Democratic nomination sought.

Clinton was on 1,779 delegates. Her campaign, more than $20m in debt, last week began to show signs of winding down, with a greatly reduced schedule.

This weekend Clinton was widely criticised on television and on blogs for mentioning Robert Kennedy's run for the White House, and his assassination, while trying to press her case for continuing to fight against Obama.

Although Clinton issued an almost immediate apology, and circulated an email from Robert Kennedy's son excusing the comments, she was obliged to publish a letter in the New York Daily News yesterday further explaining the comments.

"I want to set the record straight: I was making the simple point that given our history, the length of this year's primary contest is nothing unusual," Clinton wrote.

"I realise that any reference to that traumatic moment for our nation can be deeply painful, particularly for members of the Kennedy family, who have been in my heart and prayers over this past week. And I expressed regret right away for any pain I caused."

Clinton also tried to offer an explanation of why she has stayed in the race for the Democratic nomination despite Obama's virtually insurmountable lead, arguing that she owed it to her supporters, especially women, and that she still believed she would be a better candidate against the Republican John McCain.

Howard Wolfson, a Clinton aide, meanwhile accused the Obama campaign of trying to stir up sentiment about the comments. "I think what the Obama campaign did on Friday was unfortunate," he told CBS.

However, a number of commentators said Clinton's comments could hurt her chances of negotiating a cabinet post in an Obama White House, or the vice-presidential spot.

Aides for both Clinton and Obama have denied any such discussions. But Bill Clinton, the former US president, reportedly has been pressing for his wife to be the vice Presidential candidate.

Urchin Mentalist - You're spot on about Hillary as she is the Democrats only hope of getting to the White House, I still think she can do it.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
It would appear from his recent address in Connecticut (see below) that Obama has nosed ahead of Clinton in the Democratic nomination stakes however I still believe that Clinton will be by far the best 'man' for the job. Obama is clearly just an excuse to have the first US black President and should he win the nomination it will be for all the wrong reasons:

Barack Obama deepened his connection to America's most fabled political clan yesterday by stepping in for the indisposed senator Ted Kennedy to deliver a university graduation address on public service.

Hillary Clinton also spent the day remembering the former first family, although in her case she was struggling to contain the damage from a clumsy remark about the assassination of Robert Kennedy in 1968 on the campaign trail.

On a sunlit lawn in Connecticut, Obama replaced Senator Kennedy, who was diagnosed with a malignant brain tumour last week, to deliver the address at Wesleyan University.

His speech was evocative of the late John F Kennedy's call to public service in his 1961 inaugural address, although Obama did not quote the most famous line: "ask not what your country can do for you".

But Obama did pledge to double the Peace Corps, which was founded by Kennedy, and urged graduates to work on environmental and anti-poverty causes.

"After today, you have no excuses. I am asking you, and if I should have the honour of serving this nation as president, I will be asking again in the coming years," he said.

"I intend to make it a cause of my presidency, and I believe with all my heart that this generation is ready, and eager, and up to the challenge."

The symbolism of Obama's appearance at Wesleyan was unmistakable, bestowing the Kennedy family stamp of approval just as the Democrat frontrunner is about to clinch his party's nomination.

Obama has drawn closer to the nomination every day with a steadily accumulation of support from superdelegates. Yesterday, he reached 1,975, putting him just 51 delegates away from the figure of 2,025 which would give him the Democratic nomination sought.

Clinton was on 1,779 delegates. Her campaign, more than $20m in debt, last week began to show signs of winding down, with a greatly reduced schedule.

This weekend Clinton was widely criticised on television and on blogs for mentioning Robert Kennedy's run for the White House, and his assassination, while trying to press her case for continuing to fight against Obama.

Although Clinton issued an almost immediate apology, and circulated an email from Robert Kennedy's son excusing the comments, she was obliged to publish a letter in the New York Daily News yesterday further explaining the comments.

"I want to set the record straight: I was making the simple point that given our history, the length of this year's primary contest is nothing unusual," Clinton wrote.

"I realise that any reference to that traumatic moment for our nation can be deeply painful, particularly for members of the Kennedy family, who have been in my heart and prayers over this past week. And I expressed regret right away for any pain I caused."

Clinton also tried to offer an explanation of why she has stayed in the race for the Democratic nomination despite Obama's virtually insurmountable lead, arguing that she owed it to her supporters, especially women, and that she still believed she would be a better candidate against the Republican John McCain.

Howard Wolfson, a Clinton aide, meanwhile accused the Obama campaign of trying to stir up sentiment about the comments. "I think what the Obama campaign did on Friday was unfortunate," he told CBS.

However, a number of commentators said Clinton's comments could hurt her chances of negotiating a cabinet post in an Obama White House, or the vice-presidential spot.

Aides for both Clinton and Obama have denied any such discussions. But Bill Clinton, the former US president, reportedly has been pressing for his wife to be the vice Presidential candidate.

YAWN [****!!****] YAWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hilary knew what she was inferring by that remark........Thank God the majority of the Demoncrats in this country(the people who count), can see through her two faced lies!
It must be boring ploughing your lonely furrow!

If, in the unlikely event, Obama does beat Hillary to the nomination do you think he will give her a high profile Cabinet post, I think he would be a fool to cut off his nose to spite his face.

I know the old addage......Keep your friends close........Keep your enemies closer, but I think Obama would be mad to have Hilary anywhere near him. She has played every dirty trick she can, including the race card. When she doesn't win, unfortunately she will revert to being our Senator, and do even more damage to the State of New York!