Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hilary or O'Blimey ?????

I think Sarah Palin is a breath of fresh air and seems to have the perfect family work life balance:

http://gov.state.ak.us/bio.php

I disagree with all three of you.

Stateside politicians are even more polished than the UK ones, so much so, they get caught out less often.

Their "experience" of running departments or being governors or mayors, are hardly the same as having real jobs, like policemen, dockers, teachers, etc.

Greg Dyke - That's a very sensible post by your standards, you must feel strongly about the subject. Anyway I didn't say that politicians in the US weren't polished, they are and there is far less sleaze, the Mandelson's and Prescott's of this World don't exist over there.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Greg Dyke - That's a very sensible post by your standards, you must feel strongly about the subject. Anyway I didn't say that politicians in the US weren't polished, they are and there is far less sleaze, the Mandelson's and Prescott's of this World don't exist over there.

You have obviously never heard of New York Governor Eliot Spitzer then! Led a furious anti-corruption campaign, by mis-using police and their records, to clear his opponents out of the way, only to get caught in a Prostitution Sting. He probably wouldn't have been caught, but the FBI decided to investigate when vast amounts of money were being paid from his Bank Account on regular intervals.
Just a point, Paline is currently under investigation for improper use of law enforcement officers, leading up to a former memeber of her family(by Marriage) being removed from their job!

Originally Posted By: American FLEET FAN No1

Just a point, Paline is currently under investigation for improper use of law enforcement officers, leading up to a former memeber of her family (by Marriage) being removed from their job!

Er so what, everyone gets the Police to do something which isn't within their remit, she'll get off with a slap on the wrist and the former member of her family probably deserved to lose his job anyway.

Originally Posted By: Greg_Dyke

Stateside politicians are even more polished than the UK ones, so much so, they get caught out less often.

Their "experience" of running departments or being governors or mayors, are hardly the same as having real jobs, like policemen, dockers, teachers, etc.

As opposed to the work experience of Brown or his foreign affairs man (child)

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Originally Posted By: American FLEET FAN No1

Just a point, Paline is currently under investigation for improper use of law enforcement officers, leading up to a former memeber of her family (by Marriage) being removed from their job!

Er so what, everyone gets the Police to do something which isn't within their remit, she'll get off with a slap on the wrist and the former member of her family probably deserved to lose his job anyway.

Surely another classic Rhodes wind up !

Or is it an illusion to a certain Clifford Rhodes misuse of police resources in hunting down a certain signed shirt and ball....or perhaps a clue as to how Lee Scott will be sprung from jail duck

Originally Posted By: pabird

Brown worked as a lecturer and in TV before being elected.

Or is it an illusion to a certain Clifford Rhodes misuse of police resources in hunting down a certain signed shirt and ball....or perhaps a clue as to how Lee Scott will be sprung from jail duck

Greg Dyke - I don't deny that I use the Police myself to make various enquiries that might not be directly within their remit, as I've said many times before it's not what you know it's who you know.

Originally Posted By: pabird

Brown worked as a lecturer and in TV before being elected.

Lecturing and TV?
And his puppet Foreign Affairs man/boy?
And how does having been a trades person qualify anybody to control the GB budget?

It realy does point to not holding down for a serious period of time a major role responsible to the public and look where that has taken us the tax payer
America and the bigger European countries are proving far better equiped to overcome the world credit problems so often cited by this wrecked GB Government
I do not believe Brown should resign, the entire Government should resign.

Did you have a hand in Lord Triesmans, removing Brian Barwicks from his post?

Well obviously Barwick had to go as he was largely responsible for us not qualifying for Euro 2008, he was the only one in favour of appointing McClaren and seemed to think the sun shone out of him, look what happened.

Coming back to Sarah Palin's barnstorming speech at the Republican Party Convention in Minnesota, the highlight for me was when she referred to former POW McCain as follows, 'it's a long way from the fear, pain and squalor of a six by four cell in Hanoi to the Oval Office but if Senator McCain is elected President that is the journey he will have made'. It's interesting that McCain is already 72, I think that if he wins he will serve only one term and Palin will then become America's first woman 'hockey mom' President.

I'd like to take that bet, I think she is a stone cold certainty to be President after McCain's first term and maybe even sooner than that if he steps down half way through due to ill health. I thought it was typical of American Fleet Fan No.1 to try and dish the dirt on Palin, I wonder whether he knew that it was just one gutter tabloid who claimed she put pressure on a law enforcement officer to sack her former brother in law. The true story was that this guy had beaten up her sister and threatened to kill her father, that's why the police became involved and why his feet didn't touch the ground.