Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hilary or O'Blimey ?????

Well obviously it hasn't happened yet as it's only 2008, if for some reason their current Coach quits before the 2010 World Cup then 'the great one' could well step into his shoes.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
I'd like to take that bet, I think she is a stone cold certainty to be President after McCain's first term and maybe even sooner than that if he steps down half way through due to ill health. I thought it was typical of American Fleet Fan No.1 to try and dish the dirt on Palin, I wonder whether he knew that it was just one gutter tabloid who claimed she put pressure on a law enforcement officer to sack her former brother in law. The true story was that this guy had beaten up her sister and threatened to kill her father, that's why the police became involved and why his feet didn't touch the ground.

Showing your ignorance once again Rhodesy............All Politicians have a skeleton in their cupboards(seems you have as well........ever thought of running for political office?)..............As the British seem to have forgotten, and the Yanks aren't far behind......Policies are what people should vote on. Any politician who says they will cut taxes, should be avoided like the plague. Maggie Thatcher did that, then closed Hospitals, Schools and many more Social Services, because of lack of funds!

Originally Posted By: American FLEET FAN No1

All Politicians have a skeleton in their cupboards (seems you have as well........

Have I, that's certainly news to me

i dont think politicians have cupboards any more, not since they can have 20k john lewis kitchens.

anyway they just leave the bodies with oranges in their mouths and their hands tied behind their backs or hanging from trees with no stools or pretend

they cut themselves to death with no knife within a hundred yards or shot each other while setting light to their home in an orderly fashion.

Originally Posted By: thespursfan

anyway they just leave the bodies with oranges in their mouths and their hands tied behind their backs

I don't think Sarah Palin would do that to be honest but I remember the case you're referring to

Originally Posted By: Greg_Dyke
Originally Posted By: pabird

I do not believe Brown should resign, the entire Government should resign.

Can you name one coherent Conservative policy, that Cameron has pledged ?

They have less experience of doing stuff than Labour...be careful what you wish for....

Doing stuff??////mmmm

Such as illegal war? Do not remember that in their manifesto, refusing to sell off school playfields was a promise but was reversed after election, 24 hours to save the NHS was a promise? We now have Hungarian dentists pitching tents to do emergency dentistry for people denied on the NHS we now have life or death treatment given or denied according to your post code and an eye disease treatment offered only after you have lost one eye.
And of course "no more lend and spend" and "we will only borrow to develop never to pay the bills"
There can never be any further debate on the issue reference labour represent the working people in effect under this Government the harder you work the harder you are hit to pay for their failures.

I think at the end of the day, it depends on if you want a safe country that stands up to terrorism, or a liberalist country that is prepared to 'negotiate' with everyone.

Sarah Palin definitely falls into the first category. OK - I don't share her views on hunting for huntings sake, but at least she has the b@lls to stand up to the cave dwellers of Bora Bora.

Incidently, I see that another Bhutto has become the new boss of Pakistan. That could make life a touch interesting out that way !

Originally Posted By: MrMushroom
Originally Posted By: Big J R
I think at the end of the day, it depends on if you want a safe country that stands up to terrorism, .....

.... and thereby provokes them into further hatred and attacks on the West.

The single biggest action to encourage terrorism has been the invasion of Iraq
Many Arab leaders held intense dislike of Sadam but they could not support non-Muslim invasion of an Islamic country when the invasion had not been requested by Islamic factions
What we have now in Iraq is a breeding ground for terror tactics with all the practice and recruitment required to have greatly increased the threat to the west
Simply put:

I'd like to take that bet, I think she is a stone cold certainty to be President after McCain's first term and maybe even sooner than that if he steps down half way through due to ill health. I thought it was typical of American Fleet Fan No.1 to try and dish the dirt on Palin, I wonder whether he knew that it was just one gutter tabloid who claimed she put pressure on a law enforcement officer to sack her former brother in law. The true story was that this guy had beaten up her sister and threatened to kill her father, that's why the police became involved and why his feet didn't touch the ground.

Of greater concern than any particular actions which may or may not be abuse of power is the relative inexperience of Palin in senior governmental office. If reports in the UK are true then she has been governor of Alaska for only 2 years and before that a town mayor.

Given McCain's age she could be running the USA a year or so into the first term. With so little experience how could she possibly be up to such a task.

Originally Posted By: MrMushroom

Of greater concern than any particular actions which may or may not be abuse of power is the relative inexperience of Palin in senior governmental office. If reports in the UK are true then she has been governor of Alaska for only 2 years and before that a town mayor.

Given McCain's age she could be running the USA a year or so into the first term. With so little experience how could she possibly be up to such a task.

Whereas neither Obama or Biden have ever held office of Governor!

Whereas neither Obama or Biden have ever held office of Governor!

But they do have experience as Senators - so experience in the national government - Obama for 4 years (rather limited) in the US Senate and 8 years in the Illinois Senate, and Biden in the US Senate since 1972. I believe that John McCain also has never been a state governor but also has a wealth of experience as a Senator. So, none of these three have experience of being in charge of a state, and Palin's experience is limited. So whoever wins, I think Europeans have a cause for concern.

If you can shed any light on the value of experience as a US Senator, compared with State Governor, as preparation for President, that would be interesting. From the limited time I lived in the USA I would guess that State Governors have the advantage of having been in charge and having to implement policy, albeit on a more local level. US Senators would have the advantage of being involved in national legislation and exposure to foreign affairs.

Baracks actual experience, before CONSIDERING HIMSELF as the next President!

How many are aboard the USS Ship of Fools? Makes me wonder!

You couldn't get a job at McDonald's and become district manager after

143 days of experience.

You couldn't become chief of surgery after 143 days of experience of

being a surgeon.

You couldn't get a job as a teacher and be the superintendent after 143 days of experience.

You couldn't join the Marines and become a sergeant after a 143 days of

experience.

You couldn't get a job as a reporter and become the nightly news anchor

after 143 days of experience.

You couldn't get a job at your own place of employment and expect to be

at a management level after 143 days of experience.

BUT...

'From the time Barack Obama was sworn in as a United State Senator, to

the time he announced he was forming a Presidential exploratory

committee, he logged 143 days of experience in the Senate.

That's how many days the Senate was actually in session and working.

After 143 days of work experience, Obama believed he was ready to be

Commander In Chief, Leader of the Free World, and fill the shoes of

George Washington, FDR, JFK, and Ronald Reagan. 143 days?

We all have to start somewhere. The senate is a good start, but after

143 days, that's all it is - a start.

AND, strangely, a large sector of the American public seems to feel

comfortable with this and campaigning for him.

We wouldn't accept this in our own line of work, yet some are OK with

this for the President of the United States of America ?

• 4 weeks later...

Paline is currently under investigation for improper use of law enforcement officers, leading up to a former memeber of her family (by Marriage) being removed from their job!

I note that this is all being dragged up in the gutter US press however I made Sarah Palin spot on for doing what she did, besides she didn't actually use enforcement officers improperly and was acting as a normal Alaskan citizen. As you know full well the former member of her family was an evil wife beater, if someone was beating your sister up, if you have one, what would you do!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

The chickens came home to roost yesterday didn't they for the beleaguered Democratic Party and Barack Obama in particular, he's clearly out of his depth and they must be kicking themselves at not electing Hillary Clinton as Leader two years or so ago.