Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 21-October 17 )

• Photo
    mrs_yellow

• Photo
    johnboy28

• Photo
    BigDogCol

Photo

Canvey Island 0-1 Dartford

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
9 replies to this topic

offline Matt H

Matt H
  • Forum Watchdog
  • Supports: Canvey Island
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football
I typed this out yesterday while the forum was down...

For a neutral I think today

offline YELLOW

YELLOW
  • First XI Coach
  • Supports: Canvey Island, West Ham
  • Foes: Billericay, Concord, Southend, Spurs, Chelsea
  • Fav. Player(s): Mo Diame, Paolo Di Canio, Carlton Cole, Kevin Nolan, Jay Curran, Kevin Dobinson, Lionel Messi
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, drinking.
I thought a draw would have been a fair result but despite our possession, we just didn't create enough chances or put them under enough pressure.

Dartford's defence was excellent and I can certainly see why they are top of the league.

Positive to come from this game and recent games is our defence is looking very strong. Colin, Dobbo and Westy were all excellent yesterday and kept Brendon Cass who is one of the best strikers at this level very quiet.

Shame about James' error but he has saved us so many times this season and I'm sure will bounce back to prove he is a class act.

Gab had an excellent game. Always lively and unpredictable.

Great to see Lucky back after his injury.

Good crowd yesterday. Must have been nearly 400 Dartford fans there but were very quiet throughout.
Good effort by the Yellow Army who made plenty of noise.

offline Matt H

Matt H
  • Forum Watchdog
  • Supports: Canvey Island
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football
Originally Posted By: YELLOW
Must have been nearly 400 Dartford fans there but were very quiet throughout.

Benefit of not standing under the shed yesterday was I could hear both sets of fans throughout the game and Dartford made plenty of noise especially in the first half - Dartford's shed made more noise in the first half, than Canvey's in the second.

offline Uncle Urchin

Uncle Urchin
  • Long Service Award
thats a bit more like it boys...up and at 'em....its great what a decent easter footie crowd can do for the confidence....

keep at it for the play offs...love you or hate you.... NL needs clubs like canvey and its supporters.. laugh

offline canveyspur

canveyspur
  • Reserves
We didn't deserve to lose i agree, but to win games we have to score goals, we just can't buy a goal at the moment. I'm sure this will change soon, maybe a flooky own goal will do it but who cares. I thought Leon had a quiet game today and the only critisism i would make would be the substitution of Clydie, i would have subbed Leon and brought on Chris, he could have swapped wings with Gabby. But overall i thought it was a good game.
Yellow, i'm sorry but Dartford supporters made as much noise as the Yellow Army but it is hard to hear the opposition from where the two sets of support stand. I for one hope they go on and win the title, they were better than Sudbury and there supporters were very friendly. I'm not saying the Sudbury supporters arn't and i hope to be meeting a few of them very soon, but i also think we will beat them this time.

offline The Great Eckscape

The Great Eckscape
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
  • rank
  • Supports: Canvey Island, Tottenham Hotspur
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, Cricket, Boxing, Speedway
You can never hear the oppo fans if they're in one shed and we're in the other. The only way we could tell if we'd outsung teams in the Conference was when we watched the DVD's back!

Dartford fans were a good bunch and deserve to be in the Ryman Prem.

offline Lefty

Lefty
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
Originally Posted By: The Great Eckscape

they seemed alright the people i spoke to and i think they will more than be able to hold there own in the ryman premier.

offline JORDAN23

JORDAN23
  • Reserves

Originally Posted By: Matt CIFC
Originally Posted By: YELLOW
Must have been nearly 400 Dartford fans there but were very quiet throughout.

Benefit of not standing under the shed yesterday was I could hear both sets of fans throughout the game and Dartford made plenty of noise especially in the first half - Dartford's shed made more noise in the first half, than Canvey's in the second.

You should of helped us out then

offline YELLOW

YELLOW
  • First XI Coach
  • Supports: Canvey Island, West Ham
  • Foes: Billericay, Concord, Southend, Spurs, Chelsea
  • Fav. Player(s): Mo Diame, Paolo Di Canio, Carlton Cole, Kevin Nolan, Jay Curran, Kevin Dobinson, Lionel Messi
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, drinking.
Originally Posted By: Lefty
Originally Posted By: The Great Eckscape

they seemed alright the people i spoke to and i think they will more than be able to hold there own in the ryman premier.

With the crowds they get and the budget they are likely to have next season, I would fancy they'll finish at least in mid table.

offline BAZZA DFC

BAZZA DFC
  • Onlooker
Thanks for the very kind words above. We all enjoyed your hospitality on Monday and hope your finances got a boost from our visit.

Just one comment. We aren't a big budget club. There's a huge debt to manage that will take a long time to pay off. If we do get promoted, I'll be happy with mid table next season.

Best wishes on your quest for promotion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus