Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

For men only!

WelshBob

I doubt any of the interested fans would be able to agree a time for the meeting, choice of sandwiches, dress code, and then, once a decsion had been reached...6 months later, a few would pop up and tell everyone, that the whole thing was a shambles, which they, of course knew at the time...blah duck blah duck

Originally Posted By: Annie
just a random idea...

why dont you all get together one evening in your club house with the team manager and express your own opinons there. you will then be able to talk to each other about it as well!

things might get sorted out better then?!

Wow what an excellent idea.

Joining in (to the original debate) a little late but the assumption about me being for Robin to stay is spot on. He's an up and coming manager in my view. He's honest on his match assessments and wears his heart on his sleeve at times. And for someone who has been at the club for just 2 years, he really seems to have developed an attachment to it.

As I've said elsewhere, I'd love for him to "manage" and not play and get some other coaching support.

My halfpennyworth, fat lot of good that it is...

Robin is our manager, and that makes him, like the players, totally in receipt of my support. I do not know the restraints or constraints he works under, so for me to judge his continuation in the job based on a very limited amount of information available to me seems to me highly illogical.

I used to sing with vigour in the choir in connie south days and loved it. But the songs recently have become a bit too near the knuckle for me to feel comfortable with. When the going gets tough, it seems that we turn on the ref, the opposing fans, the opposition players, officials and supporters, our players, manager, other local clubs etc etc, and I don't like that. I am not saying that the choir should or should not do anything, they are their own bosses, just how I feel. I have always felt we should be getting more behind the team and be more positive in support. We just do not seem to be able to do it.

As for swearing, 'kin 'ell we all do it, and to expect it to be totally expunged from the terraces is not only silly, but impossible. But there are limits, and the ocasional exasperated expletive is not the same as a stream of horrendous abuse.

And I am afraid to say that the amount of abuse, on the pitch and off it, it's tolerance by the club and what it has cost us this season has been the watershed that has convinced me to look elsewhere for leisure pleasure. That probably makes me less of a supporter, although heaven knows I love my team. But family club it aint, and I have been to enough clubs to be able to tell the difference.

I only wish there was a solution, but I fear that there isn't.

Originally Posted By: MargateFan
And I am afraid to say that the amount of abuse, on the pitch and off it, it's tolerance by the club and what it has cost us this season has been the watershed that has convinced me to look elsewhere for leisure pleasure.

Really sad to read this June, Lesley and I will miss you both very much. Said to Alan on Saturday that hopefully you would return next season. It seems from your writings, that this will not be the case. A sad day when a devoted supporter feels so strongly as to take the action you have. Repeat: 'will miss you both very much'.

yes-i am currently in the camp that Mr Trott's contract should not be renewed .

A conclusion i only came to 4 weeks ago-and not really results related.

Even if we were to get in (and win) the play-offs-i would still now have the same opinion.

I would like to change my opinion, as i favour continuity-can someone please give me more than just 'hope that things will get better' to change my view.

I need to see some maturity and progress as a manager-not just through results- to have confidence.

If you appointed a manager in your own business-and after 2 years-not only had they failed to get reasonable results-but that person had not developed as a manager,and was still making elementary errors of basic management-would you want them in that job.

I still want Mr T to do well for the club and indeed for himself-but i need ,more than hope.

it like doing a budget or resolution when everybody hopes on 31st december next year will be better,but in reality-next year is the following day and nothing is different,so you get the same old rubbish results

Give me something specific to hang my hat on please to give me confidence in Mr T. There remains nothing i would like more than to see him suceed-but i can see no sign of improvement in any aspect of his management skillset.

Alan,i'll leave it to an extent but i also heard that excuse.Two problems,one as far as i hear he hasnt got a girlfriend-players tell me that and laughed,two i and others saw him stumbling all over the place drunk as anything else.I accept you will never see a problem with players,i dont accept the implication me and others didnt see it.

Originally Posted By: WelshBob
Right, let's get this sorted once and for all and no fence sitters allowed. Give Trott a chance or need for a change and , it's a football forum where football fans talk about such issues as performance etc...
I think the Trott out brigade consist of WelshBob (me), Porka, TeabarMark, MichaelMichael, DutchMike, Hornet, John Kirby, Alex. Give Trott a chance brigade BlueGateAlan, HartsdownFan, Joseba, Wellsie. Please correct me if I'm wrong on any of these.
God knows where JJ stands on it as last week he said give him a chance and then a couple of days later said he'd lost patience with him (should have been a politician JJ ).
Frank views only please;
DISCUSS-

As if your opinion counts for anything with the Club and your rude and insulting voice will ever be heard within smile

Originally Posted By: buzzgate
Alan,i'll leave it to an extent but i also heard that excuse.Two problems,one as far as i hear he hasnt got a girlfriend-players tell me that and laughed,two i and others saw him stumbling all over the place drunk as anything else.I accept you will never see a problem with players,i dont accept the implication me and others didnt see it.

Ok fair enough Buzzgate, if you are at game tonight be good to have a chat and put a face to the name if you don't mind?

Originally Posted By: Bitch
Originally Posted By: WelshBob

As if your opinion counts for anything with the Club and your rude and insulting voice will ever be heard within smile

I'm pleased I'm such an influence on you that you've stooped to my level.
Now run along back to the kitchen love!