Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Maldon Town v Canvey Island - aka The Big One!

Won 3-0. What a fantastic last ten minutes.

Shame the other results didn't go our way but it's still in our hands and a win next week would seal that play off spot.

Originally Posted By: smallsy
which one of you mugs is going to buy the beers saturday?

gaffer from the rock?
great escape?
yellow?
chris bourne? i mean ribbit

So where was you, Smallsy? I was going to buy you a beer.

Originally Posted By: YELLOW
Won 3-0. What a fantastic last ten minutes.

I think yesterday was the hardest three points we've got all season and we made real hard work of it sometimes. Once the first went in though, the Maldon heads dropped and we were allowed to run riot.

Excellent play from Leon to set Ruggy up, an exact repeat of his goal at Ilford. Fanny's had a sweet curl on it to bounce in off the inside of the post and Clydie's mean deflection lobbed the goalkeeper.

As for Maldon, they were worse than us most of the time and I think Mel only had one or two saves to make, (they also hit the bar). Considering Maldon really needed to win this game to be in a playoff spot I would've thought they would've really tried to take the game to us.

Nice setup at Maldon, plenty of room for expansion should it be required. Pity about their bar prices and length of time to queue for the burger bar!

Shame other results didn't go our way, but I think I'd rather play Sudbury on their current form than Redbridge.

Thought our back four was quality today, rock solid. I also think Halle has a good game too and it was a toss up between him and Colin Wall for man of the match.

My only moan is that I don't think we used Leon as much as we should've, especially in the second half. Most of our play and all Maldon's play was down our left hand side and when it did go near any part of the right side of the pitch it was usually a long ball for Lucky to chase.

Good to see Lucky start the game though, although he didn't get on the scoresheet and he battled for everything and hopefully we'll hold on to him for next season and when his knee is 100% he could be utilised properly with a run in the team.

What was the Referee and Linesman duo of despair all about? Totally shocking decisions sometimes and I'm greatful that neither of them saw anything wrong with all the goals.

Onwards to Enfield town for our final home game of the season. Hopefully we'll see a good crowd for this one and people will come out the woodwork to cheer the team onto confirming that play-off place!

Absolutely delighted with the win yesterday, fantastic!

Last season we played Maldon away towards the end of the season knowing we really needed a win. We bottled it on the day and lost 2-0 in what I felt was a performance of immaturity.

However, yesterday I think we showed how a season under our belts has made us a better team. Leon Gordon in particular summed up the never say die spirit needed to get promotion from any league. He chased every lost cause, and as well as tracking back he must have been knackered. I didn't fancy him to get to the ball that he crossed in for the first goal, luckily he did!

What was also evident was how much the players want this promotion for themselves, the club, and the fans. The scenes when Ruggy's header hit the back of the net were just great, and showed that this club has really become a unified force driving forward.

Would probably go for Ruggy as Man of The Match, constantly winning his flick ons and creating problems, as well as scoring obviously.

Oh well, we are now three wins away from Ryman Premier League football - we can do it!!!

Referee was appalling. Gave absolutely nothing our way.

Leon's cross was superb and what a great finish by Gab.

A draw would be enough if Edgware were to beat Ware as we have a better goal differance than Edgware but let's hope it doesn't come to that and we can beat Enfield Town.

Excellent win yesterday, honestly thought the game had 0 - 0 written allover it. The officials were absolutely shocking, ruined what should have been a good flowing game, but to end up winning 3 -0 was brilliant, all good goals too. Know Enfield appear to be in freefall but got to go for the jugular and beat them well. Up The Gulls !

sorry chaps got distracted saturday and gave it a miss

make the play offs and i will almost certainly come along and give my support

sorry chaps got distracted saturday and gave it a miss

make the play offs and i will almost certainly come along and give my support