Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

u/18's Sunday

Modfather

Spoke to a couple of people who saw the match, apparently it was an excellent performance. Enfield Town were 2nd going into the match, so a great win.

It's a shame the lads are so far behind on their fixtures otherwise they could have won the league:

Eastern Junior Alliance Central U18's League Table

Very good performance from what I saw. Some well taken goals especially the first one and our keeper did well.

I watched the full game and was impressed.

I watch most the reserve games and think these 18's are a better side.

Do these boys feed into the senior set or are they part of the junior set up.I think these boys couls quite easily bridge the gap with one or two in a year or two could knock on the first team door if we are still playing this level.

Now that we don't have the big money as we have for the last decade, bringing our own players through is extremely important. The last year has seen the Football Club and Canvey Island Youth work a lot closer to one another, and I for one would like to see this to step up a notch next season.

Gary Britnell is very confident that he has some players who will play for the first team in the future, and with the U16's ready to step up next season under Richard Walker's guidance, things are certainly looking good!

Thanks for the informed comments, they really are a good bunch and deserve the chance to improve even further and be involved in the senior set up. (three of them have been with the club for eleven years!) But as the season comes to an end nobody seems to know what is going to happen with them next year, if we are not quick to act we are likely to miss a great opportunity to resurect some much needed local interest with some local players. Without giving some encouragement and structure we run the risk of losing them and Richard Walkers players to other clubs, which would be such a waste of potential and will surely come back to haunt us in the future...

Guest MOB Snr

It is I think time the club sent the youth a message of their future intent, Dennis has said things, John Batch has said things and there is a lot of talk going on in the background.

For me this is the year when we should expect to see things up front, Britnells top players getting a couple of minutes on Johns bench and as Dennis promised in our public meeting, much more use of local lads waveing goodbye to our links with Havering.

If Rich follows on and fills the Under 18s with local lads, before long the club will be a single club with The gaffer from the rocks current players eventually making up the first team!!

Can you imagine Henners running out at Park Lane, Crowe will probably still be playing left back!!!

Someone was saying the other night that The Gaffer from the Rock is going for another job!!I don't know if it was true tough. grin

He wants the Liverpool job but he'll never get it!!! [/quote/]

Was approached by my mate RP and told him I wasn't interested until they get rid of the Yanks!!!! biggrin1 biggrin1

Originally Posted By: The Gaffer from the Rock
He wants the Liverpool job but he'll never get it!!! [/quote/]

Was approached by my mate RP and told him I wasn't interested until they get rid of the Yanks!!!! biggrin1 biggrin1

Then i'm sorry but you'll have to wait for a while.... attentat