Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Names in the Hat

I am Spartacus

I suspect you are right on the wages idea Porka.

However-how much has RT cost the club this season?

gates are down-not just because of results i am sure,but general lack of inspiration-to the extent that you kinew what you would see-laughable defending-and people become fed up with that and just dont come to matches

Accepting that attendances may have bee a bit down anyway,i reckon Trotts way lost about 100 on average every game-say 25 games at average of

Originally Posted By: michaelmichael
I suppose another name that may have to be considered-though not my choice-albeit based on the very little i know anyway-would be Neville Southall

Funny, I thought about Neville Southall a few weeks ago and wondered why the club had not approached him as assistant. With all those matches with nobody in the dugout I thought he would have been ideal.

Ford, Borg, Hales, any one of them three would be a good move imo.

I hoped we would go for Ford when we had the CK incident, but i guess the club thought they could save a few bob with Trott.

"CHRIS KINNEARS BLUE AND WHITE ARMY".

Right, I know they say you can't go back and it's never the same second time round but when Graham Taylor returned to the Golden Boys he took us back through the divisions to the Premiership exactly as he did first time round so there's my example that it can work. And Kinnear was back at Hartsdown a couple of weeks back. Hmm, I wonder?

Hornet, that would mean the board having to admit they were wrong to get rid of him in the first place!

As for Borg...hmmm. He has had some success (though usually with a big budget). He also has a lot of, for want of a better word, baggage. Ask Aldershot fans what they think of him. And he's had some mixed results at Boreham Wood this season. He would only come if we had money to spend.

Totally disagree with Steve B about managers needing Football League contacts. Football at this level is totally different. The last thing we want are a load of callow young cast-offs from Football League clubs who won't be up for a fight on a wet Tuesday night.

Iain O'Connell isn't actually a bad shout. He's done well to keep a tiny club like Great Wakering in the Ryman League. He would also be cheaper than some of the other options.

Back to the thread, if CK had failings it was perceived by many that he had no plan B but that was only when we were mid table in the conference and had perhaps reached a plateau, what he did do was elevate Margate to the biggest non- league club in Kent, winning two promotions and numerous cups, that is success in anybody's language. And he had achieved similar success at Dover prior to margate so, track record- fantastic, ability - unquestioned - could he do it again - why not, do the fans want him - probably, would he be willing to return - doubtful.