Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 16-December 17 )

• Photo
    Lil Dave

• Photo
    smila

• Photo
    LAMMAS

• Photo
    Cerebus

• Photo
    Maffblue

• Photo
    realmickstevo79

Photo

Whats happening with the stadium?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
97 replies to this topic

online lovely stuff

lovely stuff
  • National Squad - 1st XI
Come on MK.You don't even sound like you are convincing yourself.Club liquidated.name changed.Considering merging with another club and changing the name again.Considering playing intermediate football.

Is the club you follow really the same club that played at southbury road.The team that won the FA trophy and Gola league .the team who heaped pride on the borough by beating numerous leagues side in the FA cup over the years? Be honest?

The badge remains the same.Thats it.(and i'm fairly sure you are not within current business law by retaining even that slim link with the past).

The clubs home has gone.The fans have gone.The respect amonst the non-league community has gone.The trophy cabinet has gone.The memorabila and past links to EFCs history has gone.A vast amount of the stats of previous era's have gone (what you do have we gave you).

I can forgive and even respect your insistance that it is still one and the same entity.What i can't forgive is that you sat back and went meakly along with your current chairman's wishes when he refused to even engage in tentaive talks about a possible united Enfield in the future.Not ONE of you expressed a wish to heal wounds or even enter into a friendly dialogue.

offline cody

cody
  • Onlooker
Quote:
Lazarou told everyone he was working flat out to secure a return to the borough.I've no doubt that your board genuinely want to return to the borough.Just as they genuinely wanted to pay off Lazarous debts.The fact remains that unless you gain access to the QE (which at present looks less than a 30/70 chance for all applications)your chances of returning to the borough are virtually nil.And another decade of groundsharing out of the borough will begin in earnest.And with it a very bleak future.

What a load of bollox - My team where also forced out of there ground 15 years ago by a [****!!****] chairman. Instead of starting up another team ever body stuck together. We could not even play our matches in the same county, let a lone the same borough.Thats why it was even greater pleasure turning over Enfield Town (twice) this season on our way to winning the RN.Where ever you guy's have to play just keep believing. You are the true Enfield Club.

Quote:
The respect amonst the non-league community has gone

As for that comment ,you are so wrong. They are held in a much higher regard for not taking the easy way out and sticking with the original club

offline SirGarfieldSober

SirGarfieldSober
  • Spectator
why dont you keep your beak out of our busness and concentrate on you own little clubs problems, like collecting more red card and fines than league points.
if the fortunes of EFC mean so little to you why do you continuely snipe on here.

offline MK James

MK James
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
  • Supports: Enfield & Brimsdown United (2010)

LS - As far as I'm concerned it's the same club. End of.

Cody - thanks for that, when I'm out watching matches out my way people ask which Enfield I support, and when I tell them they pretty much say the same things as you.

online lovely stuff

lovely stuff
Quote:
They are held in a much higher regard for not taking the easy way out and sticking with the original club

How wrong you are,my friend.The easy way out would have been to sit meakly on our hands and bury our heads in the sand.

The decision that hundreds of EFC supporters took to start from again from scratch (most with many decades of lifelong devotion to the club) was the brave option .And as a result of that courage,not only has the borough of Enfield maintained a team for the local people to support over the last decade,but it also led directly to the Lazarou leaving EFC.And as a result E1893's very existance as well.

offline Enfield_Massive432

Enfield_Massive432
  • Reserves
Well said cody I agree with what you say and its all true.

offline football fanatic

football fanatic
  • Spectator
LS no-one cares what you have to say really. Noone believes you and noone will take you seriously so you are wasting your oh so precious time.

offline Stone Cold

Stone Cold
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
  • Supports: ENFIELD TOWN
  • Foes: BARNET, WEALDSTONE, ENFIELD 90210
  • Twitter

"What a load of bollox - My team where also forced out of there ground 15 years ago by a [****!!****] chairman. Instead of starting up another team ever body stuck together. We could not even play our matches in the same county, let a lone the same borough.Thats why it was even greater pleasure turning over Enfield Town (twice) this season on our way to winning the RN.Where ever you guy's have to play just keep believing. You are the true Enfield Club."

But at least you had a council who seemed to be very supportive in helping you gain a new ground (eventually).....i dontthink that either etfc or efc 1893 can say the same about the enfield council (especially with jose o'whore sticking her nose into the boroughs footballing community)

offline cody

cody
  • Onlooker
Well good luck to you guys, I hope you gain Promotion to the RN.

Just for the record I do not have any against ET FC or its supporters its just I will always think of you guys as the real team in Enfield

I fact I am have some history with you myself. My father lives in Cuffley and as a boy I was one of those on the pitch at Southbury Road clearing of the snow.

I was also at Wembley when (correct me if I am wrong) Paul Taylor scored the only goal of the match.

online lovely stuff

lovely stuff
Originally Posted By: football fanatic
LS no-one cares what you have to say really. Noone believes you and noone will take you seriously so you are wasting your oh so precious time.

Ditto when you regularly offer your pearls of wisdom on our forum. smile

offline Enfield_Massive432

Enfield_Massive432
  • Reserves
Surly there is something more we can all do. Sometimes I feel there is a lot more we could do and even if we don

offline OldTowner

OldTowner
  • First XI - Permanent
Originally Posted By: cody
Well good luck to you guys, I hope you gain Promotion to the RN.

Just for the record I do not have any against ET FC or its supporters its just I will always think of you guys as the real team in Enfield

I fact I am have some history with you myself. My father lives in Cuffley and as a boy I was one of those on the pitch at Southbury Road clearing of the snow.

I was also at Wembley when (correct me if I am wrong) Paul Taylor scored the only goal of the match.

Cody,
You still seem to be missing the point of all this.

1893 are a team who play in WARE, Hertfordshire.

Enfield Town are the team that play in ENFIELD.

I was at Wembley every time Enfield FC got there and at Southbury Road for every game and went all over the Country in the various cups etc etc , but unfortunately, THAT Enfield FC, that we all follwoed for years, does not exist anymore.
Sad, but that is the way it is.
1893 are NOT that old Club.

There is ONLY one Enfield football team playing in Enfield and they still struggle to get Council support for a new home ground within the Borough. Why should a team from Ware get one ?

There are now 2 Clubs - things move on - that's life.

offline Mr Happy

Mr Happy
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Enfield Town & Spurs
  • Foes: Gooner scumbags
Exactly!

offline MK James

MK James
You're both wrong. Do you honestly think that people like Russ and myself would travel 100 mile round trips to just watch 'some side from WARE'????

Of course not. We ARE the same club whether you care to believe it or not, and you are wasting your time trying to convince anyone otherwise.

online lovely stuff

lovely stuff
Rewrite history??

There no way any of us (from both sides) would ever think about rewriting Enfield football clubs past history,or our own individual histories of supporting that team.

Even though we gave those who wished to remain with EFC a chance of doing so by removing the person who had effectively already killed the club.We have been proved 100% right in our dicision to reform.

1.Because we have been playing in Enfield for the last decade.

2.Because the old club was evenually liquidated anyway,as most could see was an inevitability in 2000,and one of the main reasons ETFC was formed in the first place.

Anyway,all that is old history and events cannot be changed.The future is whats important now.The fact that those at E1893 naturally consider E1893 the same club as the old one.And that those at ETFC naturally do not consider it the same club as the old one,is not important or relevant in the big scheme of things.

offline MK James

MK James

Totally agree with the last paragraph LS.

offline etfc

etfc
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
Ls i agree with every thing u said but i dont think they are going to realise there not the old club even if they say they r

offline Mr Happy

Mr Happy
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Enfield Town & Spurs
  • Foes: Gooner scumbags
Fact, EFC liquidated, wrote off their debts and are no more.
Fact, the foremr owners of EFC decided to form a new club and call it Enfield 1893 FC, use the badge of a defunct club and play a few miles away from Enfield in Ware, Herts.
Fact, some fans of the now defunct EFC have decided that they wish to suuport the brand new club presently based in Ware and playing in the ESL.

If the fans of the new club wish to support 1893 then it is their choice. I just object to their claim of the history of EFC (if 1893 have a claim then so do ETFC), the use of the badge and the fact that the new club is using the name Enfield when they don't and have never played in Enfield.

As I have stated before, I do not have a probelm with MOST of 1893's fans but I do have a problem with the way in which 1893 is pretending to be somewthing it isn't.

offline MK James

MK James
Nope. Don't agree. Anyone with that avatar can't be taken seriously.

offline BladeRunner

BladeRunner
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
  • Supports: Sheffield United, Enfield ,
  • Foes: Sheffield Wednesday. Leeds Utd, Townies.
  • Fav. Sport(s): Cricket . Darts , Crown Green
Originally Posted By: Mr Happy
Fact, EFC liquidated, wrote off their debts and are no more.
Fact, the foremr owners of EFC decided to form a new club and call it Enfield 1893 FC, use the badge of a defunct club and play a few miles away from Enfield in Ware, Herts.
Fact, some fans of the now defunct EFC have decided that they wish to suuport the brand new club presently based in Ware and playing in the ESL.

If the fans of the new club wish to support 1893 then it is their choice. I just object to their claim of the history of EFC (if 1893 have a claim then so do ETFC), the use of the badge and the fact that the new club is using the name Enfield when they don't and have never played in Enfield.

As I have stated before, I do not have a probelm with MOST of 1893's fans but I do have a problem with the way in which 1893 is pretending to be somewthing it isn't.
How about we talk about the Taboo subject of the debt that Enfield Town allegedly has . perhaps you'd like to explain how your going to clear it ? Your treading on very dangerous thin ice Mr Happy old bean , What would happen if you Townies suddenly found the need to write off your Alledged debts ,as far as having no problem with the supporters and having a major problem with the club goes ,There's a very thin line between the two I'm afraid its difficult to insult one without the other . The last bit of your load of old tosh is the bit I like best of all.... "EFC1893 pretending its something it Isn't ! , SO WHAT HAVE YOU PEOPLE BEEN DOING FOR THE PAST SEVEN YEARS THEN ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus