Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 20-August 17 )

• Photo
    Andy the Marsh Rat

• Photo
    ChorleyClaret

• Photo
    Roger Kint

• Photo
    skunkster

• Photo
    bomaya

• Photo
    Outback

• Photo
    I know the off side rule

Photo

Whats happening with the stadium?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
97 replies to this topic

offline BladeRunner

BladeRunner
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
  • Supports: Sheffield United, Enfield ,
  • Foes: Sheffield Wednesday. Leeds Utd, Townies.
  • Fav. Sport(s): Cricket . Darts , Crown Green
By the way Mr Happy I came across something hidden on a certain website a couple of weeks back about a major incident about 5 years ago ... Perhaps you'd like me to remind you of it . Does the figure

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
  • National Squad - 1st XI
Wasn't his bar bill at the golf club was it?

If you are refering to what i think you are.It does bear similarities to E1893.I believe one of the parties in question has also recently been liquidated.

We on the other hand payed up in full.

offline BladeRunner

BladeRunner
Dont worry L S I'm not a spiteful Basterd , I know many townies are genuine footie fans and not all are like Mr happy and the sponsor of beer berk . You can yourself be sensible but but all too often sarky . The likes of Gazza,Arkwright and Squadron leader are an example to turnips like Mr Happy who has the brain of a Mong.

offline SirGarfieldSober

SirGarfieldSober
  • Spectator
blimey bladey, Mrs B off limits at the moment.
got to agree though........

if old happy bol***cks wants to talk tecnicalities - EFC were wound up and re-formed in 1919 as well.
so whats the difference now.

happy - get over it and get a life - stick to watching footy, your choice is town, ours is efc. start a new thread or something that is at least interesting.

offline Mr Happy

Mr Happy
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Enfield Town & Spurs
  • Foes: Gooner scumbags
Originally Posted By: BladeRunner
Originally Posted By: Mr Happy
Fact, EFC liquidated, wrote off their debts and are no more.
Fact, the foremr owners of EFC decided to form a new club and call it Enfield 1893 FC, use the badge of a defunct club and play a few miles away from Enfield in Ware, Herts.
Fact, some fans of the now defunct EFC have decided that they wish to suuport the brand new club presently based in Ware and playing in the ESL.

If the fans of the new club wish to support 1893 then it is their choice. I just object to their claim of the history of EFC (if 1893 have a claim then so do ETFC), the use of the badge and the fact that the new club is using the name Enfield when they don't and have never played in Enfield.

As I have stated before, I do not have a probelm with MOST of 1893's fans but I do have a problem with the way in which 1893 is pretending to be somewthing it isn't.
How about we talk about the Taboo subject of the debt that Enfield Town allegedly has . perhaps you'd like to explain how your going to clear it ? Your treading on very dangerous thin ice Mr Happy old bean , What would happen if you Townies suddenly found the need to write off your Alledged debts ,as far as having no problem with the supporters and having a major problem with the club goes ,There's a very thin line between the two I'm afraid its difficult to insult one without the other . The last bit of your load of old tosh is the bit I like best of all.... "EFC1893 pretending its something it Isn't ! , SO WHAT HAVE YOU PEOPLE BEEN DOING FOR THE PAST SEVEN YEARS THEN ?

You really are a total pr$tt BR. Our directors took loans to repay the debt and at some point the club will repay the directors. Should the Board ever liquidate just to write that debt off then I WILL WALK AWAY. I don't want to have anythiohng to do with those type of dealings. Should teh club be forced into liquidation for other reasons then I would expect the Board to have no say in the future of a new club and not apply for directorships. The directors of EFC KNEW what they were taking on when they acquired EFC. That is the diffrerence.

with reagrds to us pretrending to be something we are not What the hell are you going on about you 'mong' (curious workd!!!??? All we have ever wanted to be is a fans owned club, playing in the London Borough of Enfield and progressing up the pyramid. We have not claimed the history of the defunct EFC. We have created our own history. We now have both ladies adn youth sections that are strong and growing. We now have a 30 year joint lease. We are now tryinhg to ensure the future of our club and don't forget. No one makes any money out of ETFC. Thew directors work volutarilry (and no, I don't agree with all that they do but still have respect) as do many others.

WE ARE ETFC, THE TOP FOOTBALL CLUB FROM ENFIELD, PLAYING IN ENFIELD AND WE ARE PROUD OF THAT! you 'mong'!!!! confused

offline Enfield_Massive432

Enfield_Massive432
  • Reserves
You dont have a clue? doah

offline ref1

ref1
  • Trainee
I have an historical interest in Enfield FC - I was mascot for the home game against Runcorn the Season Enfield went down from the Conference and got thumped 9-0 away at Runcorn (we won the home game 3-2 if I rememeber correctly?)

To me there is only one winner in all of the arguments about whether 1893 or ETFC have the history and who has the right strategy for the future etc - and that is a certain Mr Lazarou! The whole reason for ETFC being set up is because of what Tony did to Enfield FC and how he took his money out of the sale of the stadium and (I believe) he got his hands on all of the money in the end???

I do think ETFC have done well in setting up and establishing themselves in Ryman 1. In addition to this well done to Enfield FC (1893) in continuing the old club in some shape or form - it would have been all to easy to have just thrown the towel in!

Is it not time both clubs stop having oversized egos and sit down together and set out a structured plan together on setting up QEII Stadium as a football ground, before another Mr Lazarou comes in and builds houses / flats on it! and the football community of Enfield loses out again!!! If you both goto Enfield council together, you will have a far better chance of securing the QEII Stadium than if you go as seperate entities. The council will not be interested in whether it is better for one club or the other - just how the facility can serve the community - as Southbury Road did for so many years!

I guess the bottom line is that the QEII Stadium presents a great opportunity to both clubs to have a decent ground - dont let your internal arguments get in the way of securing it as a football ground! Otherwise it will be to late and it will be flats!!!

offline Mr Happy

Mr Happy
  • Youth Team Coach
Ware Massive-a really intelligent post again!!! NOT!!!

re1-neither club has the history of EFC as both are new clubs.

offline TopGun

TopGun
  • First XI - Sub
  • Supports: Enfield , West Ham .
  • Foes: You know who ,Grrrrr
Yours are not exactly that Bright Steve . Anyway I no longer talk to idiots and you are now classed as such.

offline etfc

etfc
  • First XI - Sub's Bench

WE ARE ETFC, THE TOP FOOTBALL CLUB FROM ENFIELD, PLAYING IN ENFIELD AND WE ARE PROUD OF THAT! you [/quote] yay

offline Mr Happy

Mr Happy
  • Youth Team Coach
Originally Posted By: TopGun
Yours are not exactly that Bright Steve . Anyway I no longer talk to idiots and you are now classed as such.

Cheers Tony! Your choice. Clearly I am not entitled to my opinion. When EFC were in existence I had no problems with the club other than the usual rivalry. Indeed, I had a couple of fallings out with ETFC board members regarding their views. I just object to the way in which your board has acted regarding the liquidation of EFC and the formation of your new club. If you no loinger wish to speak with me then I will lose no sleep!

offline ref1

ref1
  • Trainee
Mr Happy - your missing the point! My post was not about history - its about the future!

I just think QEII presents a good opportunity for a decent sized club to have a base in Enfield playing Conference South / National football. If ETFC and EFC (1893) argue about history and about directorship structures etc etc then neither club will get QEII and another Lazerou will buy the QEII site and we will have flats at both ends of Enfield Playing Fields!!!

My interest is in football within Enfield at a decent level for the future...

ETFC cannot progress to Conference South at Brimsdown! and they do not have the resources to go forwards. ETFC have to face facts that they are Ryman 1 club and are highly unlikely to progress to Ryman Premier in the near future! ETFC attendances have steadily dropped over the last couple of years.

In the same light EFC have to realise that they will continue to struggle until they go back to Enfield Borough! and to be fair (in my opinion) - will probably need assistance from ETFC / Brimsdown to do this?

It is clear as an outsider looking in that both clubs need each other to create a bigger stronger club in Enfield! Even if they wish to stay as seperate clubs, they need to assist each other in the development of football within Enfield!

offline BladeRunner

BladeRunner
Originally Posted By: BladeRunner
Fact, EFC liquidated, wrote off their debts and are no more.
Fact, the foremr owners of EFC decided to form a new club and call it Enfield 1893 FC, use the badge of a defunct club and play a few miles away from Enfield in Ware, Herts.
Fact, some fans of the now defunct EFC have decided that they wish to suuport the brand new club presently based in Ware and playing in the ESL.

If the fans of the new club wish to support 1893 then it is their choice. I just object to their claim of the history of EFC (if 1893 have a claim then so do ETFC), the use of the badge and the fact that the new club is using the name Enfield when they don't and have never played in Enfield.

As I have stated before, I do not have a probelm with MOST of 1893's fans but I do have a problem with the way in which 1893 is pretending to be somewthing it isn't.
How about we talk about the Taboo subject of the debt that Enfield Town allegedly has . perhaps you'd like to explain how your going to clear it ? Your treading on very dangerous thin ice Mr Happy old bean , What would happen if you Townies suddenly found the need to write off your Alledged debts ,as far as having no problem with the supporters and having a major problem with the club goes ,There's a very thin line between the two I'm afraid its difficult to insult one without the other . The last bit of your load of old tosh is the bit I like best of all.... "EFC1893 pretending its something it Isn't ! , SO WHAT HAVE YOU PEOPLE BEEN DOING FOR THE PAST SEVEN YEARS THEN ?

You really are a total pr$tt BR. Our directors took loans to repay the debt and at some point the club will repay the directors. Should the Board ever liquidate just to write that debt off then I WILL WALK AWAY. I don't want to have anythiohng to do with those type of dealings. Should teh club be forced into liquidation for other reasons then I would expect the Board to have no say in the future of a new club and not apply for directorships. The directors of EFC KNEW what they were taking on when they acquired EFC. That is the diffrerence.

with reagrds to us pretrending to be something we are not What the hell are you going on about you 'mong' (curious workd!!!??? All we have ever wanted to be is a fans owned club, playing in the London Borough of Enfield and progressing up the pyramid. We have not claimed the history of the defunct EFC. We have created our own history. We now have both ladies adn youth sections that are strong and growing. We now have a 30 year joint lease. We are now tryinhg to ensure the future of our club and don't forget. No one makes any money out of ETFC. Thew directors work volutarilry (and no, I don't agree with all that they do but still have respect) as do many others.

WE ARE ETFC, THE TOP FOOTBALL CLUB FROM ENFIELD, PLAYING IN ENFIELD AND WE ARE PROUD OF THAT! you 'mong'!!!! confused
Great spelling Mr Snappy, looks like I rattled your cage somewhat ha ha "QUALITY stuff" you didn't go to a special needs school that cater's for mongs like you by any chance did you grin. Oh yes I doubt you would walk away from Townies if they did find the need to liquidate . Something tells me you would find it acceptable somehow . I put it to you that your two faced like Dr doolittle's push me pull me . grin

offline J B Skinner

J B Skinner
  • Reserves
  • Supports: Enfield (1893) FC Arsenal FC
  • Foes: The Donkey Lane $h!th0use mob
  • Fav. Player(s): Steve King , Tierrey Henry, Pat Rice , Tony Adams, Gary Abbott
Originally Posted By: Stone Cold
your former chairman was the onewho turned his back on the borough by selling up and taking efc on a walkabout tour round royal hertfordshire
Really, I thought he was everybodys chairman back then ? Or did I miss something ? bs

offline cody

cody
  • Onlooker
Dartford fc did not even play in same county but they were still Dartford fc. Its not where you play its who you represent that matters.

offline Mr Happy

Mr Happy
  • Youth Team Coach
BR. Taking the p1ss out of special needs schools is probably not a good idea when communicating with me you t0sser.

offline Mr Happy

Mr Happy
  • Youth Team Coach
Cody. Dartford FC were from Dartford but had to play away from the area in the same way that Enfield FC did. I have no problem with that as football clubs from time to time go through problems like these two clubs did. The difference here is that in 1893's case a new club was formed and started playing away from Enfield so why call it Enfield?

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
To be fair.It was never their choice to move out of Enfield,and i'm sure they would like to play again in Enfield if they get the chance.

We at ETFC took more direct action to get ourselves back in Enfield.But lets not forget that Lazarou and the council are the real reasons for this current situation we both find ourselves in,NOT the fans (of either side).

offline Mini-Smith Towner

Mini-Smith Towner
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
Well said ref1 - spot on!!

The borough isn't big enough for the 2 teams to exist alongside each other in my book, and the sooner we join forces the better, whatever the team may be called. Time is a wasting!! AFC Enfield or Enfield United or something. If 1893 did make a return to the borough, how are either side going to muster decent enough crowds to take them forward?

By the way, what a depressing thread this is. People who used to stand alongside each other on the terraces now slagging each other off frown

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
Good post Ref1 & Mini.Unfortunately the time for both clubs to have discussed putting forward an application for the QE (as one strong united club),was over the last 3 years.Its far too late now to talk about the two clubs working together at all.Let alone becoming one club.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus