Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 19-October 17 )

• Photo
    Ian_D

• Photo
    Rings

• Photo
    boyblunder

• Photo
    daredevil8k

• Photo
    Rebel_Del

• Photo
    nick.ince

Photo

Whats happening with the stadium?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
97 replies to this topic

offline ref1

ref1
  • Trainee
So if a combined club is not feasible / possible - what about taking a leaf out of Welling United / Erith & Belvedere?

They are two seperate clubs, with seperate changing rooms, club house etc that share the same gound! (and therefore reduce rental costs etc). This is a common idea done successfully throughout the world! Not so common in England /Britain though?

online lovely stuff

lovely stuff
  • National Squad - 1st XI
A combined or united club would have been very feasible,in and around the time of Lazarou being forced to abandon EFC.It would have also been feasible if the two boards could have at least talked during the 6 years since then.Unfortunately the chance has probably been lost forever.

On the second point.I don't think the council would sanction one large clubhouse .Let alone two seprate ones.Also it would be too difficult for clubs that didn't get on, to share repair cost,running costs,pitch maintanence..etc.

Personally,i would be willing to share the QE with E1893 rather than not get anything out of the site.That would have to be without a running track around the pitch though.

offline Enfield_Massive432

Enfield_Massive432
  • Reserves
I also would be willing to share the QU stadium with ET but the thought of ET getting it for them selves makes me angry.

offline ref1

ref1
  • Trainee
Originally Posted By: Enfield_Massive432
I also would be willing to share the QU stadium with ET but the thought of ET getting it for them selves makes me angry.

I can understand your point of view... but it brings the question that I asked at the top - is history more important than the future? Personally I think ETFC and 1893 should BOTH fold and create an Enfield United (or City! - as Oz have!) and look to the good of the footballing community of Enfield for the future? Forget the ego's of the past? Both 1893 and Town have lost this argument - Lazerou won!

Sooner both clubs get over it, the better it will be for football in the Enfield Borough!

offline Man From Mars

Man From Mars
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
  • Supports: The E's
  • Foes: The Cliquey Clan
  • Fav. Player(s): Anyone who scores against the cliquey Townies
nah Their too cliquey over there .

offline football fanatic

football fanatic
  • Spectator
Originally Posted By: ref1

I can understand your point of view... but it brings the question that I asked at the top - is history more important than the future? Personally I think ETFC and 1893 should BOTH fold and create an Enfield United (or City! - as Oz have!) and look to the good of the footballing community of Enfield for the future? Forget the ego's of the past? Both 1893 and Town have lost this argument - Lazerou won!

Sooner both clubs get over it, the better it will be for football in the Enfield Borough!

Alot would have to be worked out, but i like the idea.

offline OldTowner

OldTowner
  • First XI - Permanent
Originally Posted By: ref1

Both 1893 and Town have lost this argument - Lazerou won!

And there you have it - the new Club is called
ENFIELD BOROUGH F. C.
That's it.

End this thread.

offline Mr Happy

Mr Happy
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Enfield Town & Spurs
  • Foes: Gooner scumbags
I have said this repeatedly on these forums for a couple of years. However, will the 1893 board relinquish control to a Suporters Society after they have put their own money nto the club? NO! Would ETFC's Suporters' Society give control to one person or a group of people who are in ti for commercial gain? NO! I would love to see a united Enfield but I just cannot see the two parties coming together.

Enfield_Massive432
  • Reserves
Your telling us from both clubs to forget our egos and link up and just forget about the past just like that and even though I wouldn

offline andyetfc

andyetfc
Both clubs retain their identities.
Share a new ground
Share a club house
Have a company sharing control 50/50
Have a shared business plan.

Isn't that what ETFC have now with Brimmo. Is it working? If it is, then let it work somewhere else. How about at the QE2?

If this was the only option to both clubs, then I am sure that people would accept it. Mind you, what would have happened had Brimmo got promoted? Possible three teams in the same borough all trying to attract the same supporters?

online lovely stuff

lovely stuff
The trouble is that at present both clubs have very different ideas of what they want from the site.We would not accept sharing with athletics,or playing inside a running track..etc.

If E1893 wanted to come 50% into our proposal for a conference grade purpose built ground,then it could work well.But what if one of the clubs in the future change chairman or stops being able to pay 50% toward running costs/pitch maitainance..etc.

offline andyetfc

andyetfc
That's where a shared vision, legally binding business plan, would come into force.

Things could change where we are now.

Enfield_Massive432
  • Reserves
I like the sounds of what you chap from ETFC are saying and have always liked the idea of sharing the QE with you if it brings us back to Enfield and gets us a ground. But it

offline Enfield Til It Died

Enfield Til It Died
  • Spectator
Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
We would not accept sharing with athletics,or playing inside a running track

Have you ever heard the expression "beggars can't be choosers"?

offline etfc

etfc
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
why would the council want you lot to have it when youvew never even played in enield

offline football fanatic

football fanatic
  • Spectator
Are you 10 years old? You spell and sound like it.

Enfield_Massive432
  • Reserves
hahaha well said!!!!!! excited

offline etfc

etfc
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
NO IM NOT IM A LITTLE BIT OLDER THAN THAT WHY DID YOU EDIT YOUR POST WAS IT FOR A SPELLING MISTAKE

Enfield_Massive432
  • Reserves
why did you edit yours?

offline Gazza

Gazza
  • National Squad - 2nd XI

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus