Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 17-October 17 )

• Photo
    oliPFC

• Photo
    walker1710

• Photo
    twopintstom

• Photo
    atlantis77

• Photo
    sting in the tail

• Photo
    haynab66

• Photo
    NEW BOY BLUE

Photo

Fixtures and results enfield fc 1972-73 season

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
62 replies to this topic

offline Enfield_Massive432

Enfield_Massive432
  • Reserves
Fixtures and results Enfield FC 1st team
1973 ISTHMIAN LEAGUE

July 31st bristol ciy (F)............... H 2-1
Aug. 5th Q.P.R (F)...................... H 1-2
.. 7th royal crossing club (F)........ H 2-0
.. 12th tooting & mitcham............. A 3-1
.. 15th st. albans.................... H 1-1
.. 19th leatherhead................... H 0-2
.. 22nd corinthian casuals............ A 4-0
.. 26th oxford city................... A 5-1
.. 29th leytonstone................... A 4-0
sept. 2nd kingstonian................... H 7-0
.. 5th leytonstone................... H 1-3
.. 9th wycombe wanderers............. A 2-2
.. 12th metropolitan police (LLC)..... A 1-1
.. 14th metropolitan police (LLC)..... H 3-1
.. 16th ilford........................ H 2-1
.. 18th hayes......................... A 1-2
.. 23rd bromley....................... A 3-1
.. 27th arsenal (LLC*)................ A 2-0
.. 30th woking........................ H 1-0
oct. 3rd ilford........................ H 4-2
.. 7th dulwich hamlet................ A 0-0
.. 10th walthamstow avenue............ H 1-1
.. 14th sutton........................ H 2-1
.. 16th wealdstone (LLC).............. A 3-2
.. 21st leatherhead................... A 0-2
.. 28th walton & hersham.............. A 2-2
.. 31st st albans..................... A 2-1
nov. 4th oxford city................... H 6-0
.. 7th hitchin....................... H 1-1
.. 11th woking........................ A 1-2
.. 15th clapton....................... H 7-1
.. 18th bishops stortford (FAC)....... H 1-1
.. 21st bishops stortford (FAC rep.).. A 0-1
.. 23rd tottenham hotspurs (LCC)...... H 1-1
.. 25th tooting & mitcham............. H 0-0
.. 28th bishops stortford............. A 0-2
dec. 9th leytonstone (A.C rd. 1)....... H 1-1
.. 16th leytonstone (A.C replay)...... A 2-3
.. 19th hitchin....................... A 0-1
.. 26th hendon........................ H 1-2
.. 30th st. albans city (LSC rd 1).... A 2-1
jan. 6th harrow bor. (MSC rd 1)........ H 2-1
.. 13th kingsbury town (MSC rd 2)..... A 5-0
.. 17th tottenham hotspurs (LCC rep.). H 3-2
.. 20th sutton utd (LSC rd 2)......... H 6-0
.. 27th hendon (LSC rd 3)............. A 3-3
feb. 3rd hendon (LSC rd 3 replay)...... H 1-1
.. 6th hendon (LSC rd 3 replay 2).... A 1-0
.. 10th sutton utd.................... A 2-4
.. 13th walthamstow avenue............ A 1-3
.. 17th dulwich hamlet................ H 1-2
.. 24th hayes......................... H 1-0
.. 26th hendon........................ A 1-2
mar. 6th barking....................... H 5-1
.. 10th hounslow (MSC semi final)..... A 5-0
.. 13th bishops stortford............. H 3-1
.. 17th wycombe wanderers............. H 2-0
.. 24th walthamstow A. (LSC S-F)...... A 1-1
.. 28th walthamstow A. (LSC S-F rep.)full time score 1-1. A 2-1
.. 31st hendon (MSC final 1st leg).... A 1-1
apr. 7th walthamstow A. (LSC S-F rep2). A 2-1
.. 10th clapton ...................... A 4-1
.. 13th north shields (F)............. H 3-0
.. 23rd hendon (MSC final 2nd leg).... H 2-2
.. 28th hitchin town (LSD final at barnet). 1-1 full time score
.. 30th hendon (MSC final replay at finchley fc). 0-3
may. 2nd barking ....................... A 3-2
.. 11th walton & hersham............... H
.. 17th kingstonian.......................... A
.. 22nd hitchin town (LSC final rep at wealdstone FC)

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
  • National Squad - 1st XI
I know loads of people who where at all those games.I stand watching football with them most saturdays.

offline MK James

MK James
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
  • Supports: Enfield & Brimsdown United (2010)

Perhaps one of them can tell us who the Royal Crossing Club are. crazy

offline football fanatic

football fanatic
  • Spectator
Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
I know loads of people who where at all those games.I stand watching football with them most saturdays.

As do we.

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff

By loads i meant more than six.

Enfield_Massive432
  • Reserves
You prat why are you saying pathetic things like making silly comments that are against the true Enfield team that created the true Enfield footy history u traitor. You supported this team back then you fool.

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
It just seemed strange for you to post these fixtures out of the blue ???Especially as every one of your previous posts has simply concentrated on being abusive towards (and about) ETFC.

Ps.I have always offered nothing but praise and admiration for the old Enfield Football club.

Enfield_Massive432
  • Reserves
Fair enough but I am actually quite interested in the old Enfield fc club and I thought it would be interesting for others to see this information like the fixtures against spurs and arsenal for example.

offline football fanatic

football fanatic
  • Spectator
Originally Posted By: lovely stuff

Ps.I have always offered nothing but praise and admiration for the old Enfield Football club.

biglaugh Quality!

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
I did specify the 'old' club.

Massive.I'm as interested as ever in Enfield Fc history (up until the bulldozing of Southbury Rd.)

Does anyone have the Gola league winning year? Would love the attendances and goalscorers as well.

Enfield_Massive432
  • Reserves
LS Someone I no who is an E's supporter has said something to me I think is very true and would like to share it with you and we woud like you and any other ET fan to try to give a convincing reply.

"I dont get this , How do Enfield Town FC come to the conclusion that they are the true decendants from the old Enfield FC ? Enfield Town FC was formed as a breakaway faction in 2001 , So why do they talk about southbury Road as their lost stadium when they jumped ship and set up home at Brimsdown ? The true decendants of Enfield FC are surely Enfield 1893 who are the people who tried to save what was left of the club after Enfield Town was formed . I find it very sad that Enfield Town want to hog the QE stadium for themselves when all the other interested parties are respectful of each others rights to use it as a community stadium . More interestingly the Enfield 1893 club included Enfield Town in its proposal on the football side of matters whilst Enfield Town's arrogance suggests that nobody else should be included in their proposal !!!. Enfield Council cannot allow Enfield Town FC's plans to go ahead until they at ETFC see reason to multi share the stadium with the wider community of Enfield people and their clubs."

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
You've got a good memory if you can remember in such detail all that he said to you.

I dont get this , How do Enfield Town FC come to the conclusion that they are the true descendants from the old Enfield FC ? .We don't claim greater descendantcy than E1893 fans.Although we do claim to uphold as closely as possible the spirit and traditions of the old club

Enfield Town FC was formed as a breakaway faction in 2001 , So why do they talk about southbury Road as their lost stadium when they jumped ship and set up home at Brimsdown ? Wrong again.Southbury rd was lost long before we set up ETFC.YOU were the breakaway faction that decided to ignore the will (and tactics) of the rest of your fellow EFC fans and continue to follow Lazarou as he systematically dismantled and destroyed our beloved club.

The true decendants of Enfield FC are surely Enfield 1893 who are the people who tried to save what was left of the club after Enfield Town was formed .
What saved the club was OUR action in forming ETFC.Without that Lazarou could well have hung on for many years more, leaving the club with millions of pounds worth of debt rather than just hundreds of thousands.
I find it very sad that Enfield Town want to hog the QE stadium for themselves when all the other interested parties are respectful of each others rights to use it as a community stadium .
ETFC have tried to engage in friendly dialogue and closer ties with EFC/1893 for the past 7 years.All olive branches put out by us have been firmly and sometimes rudely ignored and rejected by your board.Why should we now include you in our plans?

More interestingly the Enfield 1893 club included Enfield Town in its proposal on the football side of matters whilst Enfield Town's arrogance suggests that nobody else should be included in their proposal !!!.
Your board know full well that ETFC will not be interested in a stadium still containing a running track.You inclusion of ETFC in your plans was a smokescreen to try to suggest to the council that you are willing to share.Your board and most of your supporters hate Enfield Town Fc.Could both clubs really run a stadium together?

Enfield Council cannot allow Enfield Town FC's plans to go ahead until they at ETFC see reason to multi share the stadium with the wider community of Enfield people and their clubs." Multi share is a fudge by the weaker applicants to try to grab a foothold in the site.If the council want to allow a multi share of a crumbling moneypit,then that is their choice.My feeling is that they don't want to prop up,run or future finance the site anymore.

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
I can't believe in the year 2008 we are still debating this.Us fans should have all amalgimated back together years ago,and we should now be applying for the QE site as one powerfull united Enfield club.
Unfortunately that possibility has been lost forever.

offline Mr Happy

Mr Happy
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Enfield Town & Spurs
  • Foes: Gooner scumbags
This thread is stupid. Why is there comments regarding a club that ceased to exist nearly a year ago.

RIP EFC
STAY IN WARE..1893!!

offline Mini-Smith Towner

Mini-Smith Towner
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
I've been reading various threads across both our forums, going on about the same old things, but at the end of the day, we as the people of Enfield need a united football team once again, with everyone pulling in the same direction!! I know that is what I want personally - to be stood on the terraces with the old EFC fanbase together again.

We can keep having digs at each others clubs, but in all honesty, I can't see either club progressing much further until this happens. I feel the chances of the council putting the QE Stadium forward to once again build a strong football team for the borough and its community is very small as a result of our two competing factions.

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
Well said.

Unforunately the chance of ever reuniting and as a result presenting a strong united case for a stadium at the QE has long gone.

The majority at Town wanted this.If fact we hoped it would have happened as soon as Lazarou exited.(That was the plan backed by nearly all EFC fans at the time). But Mr Whittington and his new board put a stop to that,and have been making sure there would be no coming back together or reconsiliation ever since.This policy by the board has been accepted and condoned by all the current EFC/1893 fans.

offline Sponsor of Beer

Sponsor of Beer
  • Reserves Coach
More interestingly the Enfield 1893 club included Enfield Town in its proposal on the football side of matters whilst Enfield Town's arrogance suggests that nobody else should be included in their proposal !!!.

'Included' wasn't really the case, though, was it? Inclusion would have meant exercising the courtesy to discuss with ETFC the fact that you planned to 'name drop' the club into your presentation.

Having a cheap shot at the Council in the opening remarks of your presentation was a nice touch. Not sure it will pay dividends, though.

offline MK James

MK James
What's that got to do with results in the 1972/73 season?

offline etfc

etfc
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
Originally Posted By: MKJames
What's that got to do with results in the 1972/73 season?

NOTHING

offline MK James

MK James

That's right etfc- so why did he bother saying it.

Instead perhaps one of the hundreds of people Lovely Stuff knows can tell us a little bit about the game v Royal Crossing Club. You know, where they were from, how the game went etc. I won't hold my breath...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus