Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 22-October 17 )

• Photo
    Simon BTFC

• Photo
    Dave Fatboy

• Photo
    harkwar

• Photo
    LMB

Photo

The Play offs.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
52 replies to this topic

offline Ribbit

Ribbit
  • Reserves Coach
That's better. wink

I've got nothing against Enfield; they're a good team and I know Saturday will be difficult, but by the same token, they've obviously made more mistakes than they should have this season. I fully expected them to make the playoffs at the start of the season, so it's a surprise that they haven't.

offline etfc

etfc
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
hopefully it will be a good game saturday with etfc hopefully taking home 3 points it i think it will be a close game though

offline ken

ken
  • Reserves Coach
Saturday will be hard, every team likes spoiling a home fans day. as far as the play-offs go i dont think it really matters who you play, it is so different from any other game that previous results bare no releavance.

offline Guest_MOB Snr_*

Guest_MOB Snr_*
  • rank
Class will show, we are the second best team in this league anything else is not justice.

In the end justice always comes through!!

offline Eastside Urchin

Eastside Urchin
  • President Elect
  • rank
  • Supports: AFC Hornchurch
  • Foes: Romford
good luck canvey,mob,i hope your knob goes green and falls off!

offline Guest_MOB Snr_*

Guest_MOB Snr_*
  • rank
Originally Posted By: urchin_mentalist
good luck canvey,mob,i hope your knob goes green and falls off!

Cheers mate, tell tink to stop changing her lipstick, Yellows getting a rainbow around his knob!!

offline YELLOW

YELLOW
  • First XI Coach
  • Supports: Canvey Island, West Ham
  • Foes: Billericay, Concord, Southend, Spurs, Chelsea
  • Fav. Player(s): Mo Diame, Paolo Di Canio, Carlton Cole, Kevin Nolan, Jay Curran, Kevin Dobinson, Lionel Messi
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, drinking.
grin grin

offline The Gaffer from the Rock

The Gaffer from the Rock
  • First XI - Sub
  • Supports: Canvey Island and Liverpool
  • Foes: I hate (and I mean F*****G Hate!!!) Man Utd
  • Fav. Player(s): Rusty, Doomz & Big Nose from the Mighty Canvey Island & King Kenny, Ray Clemence, and Louie Suarez
COME ON CANVEY, COME ON CANVEY!!!!!

Lets get behind the Yellows today. Be patient and supportive if things aren't going our way, cause these games tend to be tight and nervy, the boys all know what is on offer. Whatever happens give them our biggest support this season cause they will be out there today trying their best to get us into those play-offs. Todays opponents have nothing to play except ruining our chances, they are going to be dangerous! We are all going to be nervous and edgy in the stands, X that by 20 for the players, but they are big enough and good enough to get us through. If we go behind, sing louder and encourage and be the twelfth player!!

COME ON CANVEY, COME ON CANVEY!!!!

offline The Great Eckscape

The Great Eckscape
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
  • rank
  • Supports: Canvey Island, Tottenham Hotspur
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, Cricket, Boxing, Speedway
Well said Gaffer, let's get right behind them like only the Yellow Army can and cheer the lads onto the playoffs!!

offline Guest_MOB Snr_*

Guest_MOB Snr_*
  • rank
I am so looking forward to this I really hope we get a few people behind the players today with noise coming from several sections not just the bus shelter!!

offline Canvey Fan 1926

Canvey Fan 1926
  • First XI - Sub
  • Supports: Canvey Island
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football
Come on you YELLOOWWWSSS!!!!

I really cannot wait for this game...hopefully we can keep up the fantastic noise that we have made throughout this season.

This game means a lot to everyone, not just the fans, but the players as well!

offline YELLOW

YELLOW
  • First XI Coach
  • Fav. Player(s): Mo Diame, Paolo Di Canio, Carlton Cole, Kevin Nolan, Jay Curran, Kevin Dobinson, Lionel Messi
I'm nervous already!!!! Definitely our biggest game in a long while so let's get behind the lads right from the off!!

offline Mini Goose

Mini Goose
  • Reserves Coach
I couldnt sleep last night and i havent been able to sit still most of the week. This is the big one. It goes down to this one game so lets give it all we have.

COME ON LETS HAVE IT!!!

offline The Gaffer from the Rock

The Gaffer from the Rock
  • First XI - Sub
  • Supports: Canvey Island and Liverpool
  • Foes: I hate (and I mean F*****G Hate!!!) Man Utd
  • Fav. Player(s): Rusty, Doomz & Big Nose from the Mighty Canvey Island & King Kenny, Ray Clemence, and Louie Suarez
What a day!!!!!!! The crowd was awesome, real tension during the game, and the local hero, Leon Gordon pops up and scores the goal that settles our nerves and seals the play-off place. Well done Lucky for the 2nd goal, and Mel Capleton was top class today. With us dominating the game, on 3 occasions when Enfield tried to spoil the party, Mel steps upto the plate, legend!!! The Yellow Army was fantastic as well and the atmosphere afterwards was superb. Great party, happy birthday Donna and Tel!! Got the hang-over from hell, hopefully have one on Wednesday morning and then next Sunday too. After that I'm joining the AA!!!!! Anyone gonna join me!! Well done Batchy and Brits, whatever happens, you've done us all proud, also legends!!

offline Mini Goose

Mini Goose
  • Reserves Coach
Well said Gaffer. The jobs only half done though. We are in the play offs but we have to win it. The job is far from done. We deserved to win today.

got to say i was disappointed from the enfield support but i suppose them having nothing left to play for didn't really help.

Lets go to Sudbury now and book our place in the final. We can do this. Lets get behind them.

COME ON CANVEY!

Happy birthday Donna and Tel

offline LOS

LOS
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
A fantastic 1-0 victory blush blush blush (didn't witness the first goal, so was convinced it was 1-0 when we scored our second - until i was politely reminded by those around me.) What a muppet !!!!

Thought it was great to see a nice size crowd, just proves that for these big games there is still a lot of interest.

Well done to all players, the management and back room staff. A great season. Onward and upward. applause

Feeling rather tender this morning - but well worth it.
Roll on Tuesday.

offline Ribbit

Ribbit
  • Reserves Coach
I see no reason why our crowds can't grow. If we are to be promoted, there may be some nostalgia for our Isthmian Premier days which could lead to higher crowds.

offline Canvey Fan 1926

Canvey Fan 1926
  • First XI - Sub
  • Supports: Canvey Island
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football
It was my amazing posters that did it wink

offline Ribbit

Ribbit
  • Reserves Coach
Absolutely!

offline YELLOW

YELLOW
  • First XI Coach
Quality day yesterday. Very nervous to start with but once Leon scored, there was only going to be one winner.

Mel made some great saves. No idea how he managed to keep that header out.

We're the form team going into the play offs and I doubt anybody will fancy playing us at the moment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus