Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bowers v Brimsdown - ETT Semi

Con, are you going with Tel tomorrow?

Originally Posted By: Mini Goose
Originally Posted By: YELLOW
Con, are you going with Tel tomorrow?

Don't know mate, I need to sort something out!

Yeah, same here. I'll probably give Tel a ring later and check if he's going.

Yes mate, we were all really gutted!

I said before the game that some of the players would be exhausted, and that was the case. Mixing them with others who had not played for a while meant that we looked very disjointed and uninterested. As much as I would liked to have won the trophy, I didn't lose any sleep over it!

Another factor in the defeat against one of the poorest teams I have seen in the last two seasons was the players mindset. The last six league matches (Sudbury A, Wivenhoe H, Maldon A, Enfield Town H, Sudbury A Playoffs, Redbridge A Playoffs) all felt much more like cup finals than this one did. After the euphoria of Saturday, I can forgive them for the odd defeat!!

Come on You Yellows!

The only sleep I lost over this trophy was the time I could have been in bed rather than having to endure extra time and eventually getting home at nearly 11.30pm!!!!!

Some of the players looked exhausted and couldn't seem to step up a gear when they equalised.

Nevertheless, who cares!!! We're in the Ryman Prem!!!

Originally Posted By: Bunglebrimo
hope you enjoyed the beer in the IW and the long trip home empty handed

haha

I had an awesome night, the hospitality was 1st class, the burger bar was great, the hot drinks were great, the service was great and all in all I thought Brimsdown put on a really good show. The way they catered for the travelling support was absolutly brilliant and I cant wait to go back. I especially cant wait to be served by the barmaid from prisoner cell block H again, what a treacle!!!!