Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ryman North 1 08/09

JAY

Originally Posted By: onebreast
We may never get an average of 3/400 people a week , but if we are slowly adding fans then we are doing the right things.

That's the point that Ribbit made and I echoed, you shouldn't be looking to rush things, just looked what happened to us.

Haven't seen any derogatory comments towards CRFC to be honest?

It may be a far inferior division as far as some of the lower sides are concerned but 7 of the top teams in the league last year imo could hold their own in the R1N with the current squads they have.

And i can assure you that what i previously posted was not 'complete rubbish', it was fact. That is partly my point to the non-league football being all about heart and passion comment.

Canvey had far less support than they currently have now before your previous backer started with the club. Fortunatly for youselves, you have held the majority of you support which was built from mild foundations, since that backer has left the club.

All i am saying is we need to start somewhere as far as support is concerned and build our 'fan base' if we plan to gain in status.

BTW i am not here to argue with you, just to put a point across.

Originally Posted By: JJSCRFC

And i can assure you that what i previously posted was not 'complete rubbish', it was fact. That is partly my point to the non-league football being all about heart and passion comment.

A fan leaving us after thirty years makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. I'm sure thirty years ago we could have been playing dreadful football and we have on occasions since, but if you're at a club for thirty years, you're there for life.

Quote:
Canvey had far less support than they currently have now before your previous backer started with the club. Fortunatly for youselves, you have held the majority of you support which was built from mild foundations, since that backer has left the club.

And?

Quote:
All i am saying is we need to start somewhere as far as support is concerned and build our 'fan base' if we plan to gain in status.
BTW i am not here to argue with you, just to put a point across.

I said exactly that about your fan base.

You're doing a good job of arguing, considering you don't want to.

Good stuff JJCRFC, debates like this are what the forum is for laugh

From my personal point of view, both clubs have different areas in which they are superior to the other.

You certainly have a bigger and better clubhouse than us which I've always enjoyed using before games. You also have a man at the top prepared to put some money in which can't hurt as long as it's not overdone.

We on the other hand have the history, the name, and the crowd to attract players to the island from outside of the area. We have far superior facilities within the ground, which can be contributed to Jeff King's continual improvements. This is not stopping, and the new regime are continuing to improve Park Lane. Also, you haven't got the backing of The Yellow Army wink

Neither club can claim to be located in an ideal spot, but I suppose public transport isn't too far from either ground.

However, the fact of the matter is that at one stage this season, we looked like we wouldn't make the playoffs and you looked dead certs to go up, so a few people who usually watched Canvey may well have watched you for a bit of glory. If next season you are mid table and we are challenging, the same floating supporters would be back at Park Lane. Had Southend gone up, they'd probably be at Roots Hall.

Concord becoming more of a rival to ourselves in my opinion is one of the best things that could have happened to us. We are stepping it up a gear in so many respects, and your growing stature is one element within this thinking. We'd be foolish not to take all factors into consideration.

Let battle commence grin

Originally Posted By: ken

Their main trouble is that there is they sound like a pub team (that is not meant with any disrespect)

How else is that supposed to be taken then ken ???

After taking this lot in, all i can say is

Firstly finishing mid-table is not in the agenda !

Secondly sounding like a pub team,We will be a fecking well known pub team !

Thirdly we dont need 3/400 coming through the gates 1/150

will be fine !

Fourthly you should concentrate on your own season ahead

as it could end in tears !

But nice to see you are so concerned about the little old pub team up the road !

As Onebreast said we must be doing something right !

Originally Posted By: CRFC BOSS
After taking this lot in, all i can say is

Firstly finishing mid-table is not in the agenda !

Secondly sounding like a pub team,We will be a fecking well known pub team !

Thirdly we dont need 3/400 coming through the gates 1/150
will be fine !

Fourthly you should concentrate on your own season ahead
as it could end in tears !

But nice to see you are so concerned about the little old pub team up the road !

As Onebreast said we must be doing something right !

1. Rush your way up the leagues and you will become out of your depth - numerous examples including ourselves prove this.

2. Indeed! However, I do feel having a name that people cannot associate with specific place could be a problem as you get bigger.

3. 100/150 would be a great start, don't think any of our lot said you needed 300/400.

4. We are concentrating on our season thanks, and are just relieved that we have won promotion out of what would have been a very uninspiring division for ourselves compared to last season. No tears for us laugh

5. One of the benefits of having fans is that they talk about football, so I wouldn't flatter yourselves!!!

In my opinion you will do well next season, but you seem a bit too confident in my opinion...

Oh well, only time will tell!

Originally Posted By: The Great Eckscape

1. Rush your way up the leagues and you will become out of your depth - numerous examples including ourselves prove this.

In my opinion you will do well next season, but you seem a bit too confident in my opinion...

1. I believe youve got to go into the league wanting to win it . If you go into it wanting to finish mid table then you shouldnt even be on the pitch. We want to go as high as possible. Now just because you had a bad experience and Hornchurch doesnt mean we will. I find it highly highly unlikely knowing the chairman as i do to think if we were close to going up another league he would start allowing players to come in on near on

Originally Posted By: onebreast
1. I believe youve got to go into the league wanting to win it . If you go into it wanting to finish mid table then you shouldnt even be on the pitch.

that is true but you have to be realistic. Canvey aren

Thats true ken but in another sense if you set your goals low , like trying to avoid relegation , when you realise that your doing ok it is very easy to rest on your laurels and think youve done your job. Where as if you aim high then you are always striving to better yourself. After the season we have had it would be very easy to get down on ourselves if we went 3 or 4 games losing on the spin next year but i think mentally we are strong enough to cope with things like that.