Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ryman North 1 08/09

JAY

I have to be honest I think Concord doing well in the area would be good for the area and as well a local rival for canvey.

However I find that the Canvey fan who supported and went Park Lane for 30 years and now swtiched alligence to concord because they play better football is a disgrace in my view. 30 years of watching Canvey which in my view in some of the 30 years had played some good football and got to as far as the conference and when I seen Canvey play at some games have played nice footie on the floor etc yet after winning promotion last season and now goes over to concord. Thats like me going over to Romford because Hx play rubbish football is ludicrus. Some matches I seen last season we didnt play well but that dont make me go somewhere else. Its more than just the playing side of football like at HX the fans are like a community everyone knows each other, its good valuable for money and the amosphere (sorry if spelt wrong) is good at HX which in my view attracts fans.But Im sure that what Canvey lose to Concord , Canvey will gain more than they lost to concord tbh.

As for One Breast good luck next season in ryman north ambition for a coach is very important in my view but as Glen said earlier on in 1 post you should try and not rush your way up the leagues but good luck once again I think the Ryman north will be weaker next season without Dartford, Canvey, Wivenhoe with their money,redbridge now holdsworth has gone and sudbury moving leagues would certainly have weakend that league

Originally Posted By: Ribbit
That's exactly why I don't believe the story about the 'fan who supported us for thirty years, only to change to Concord'. It's unbelievable.

Ribbit no one cares if anyone believes the story or not. Im not making anything up just to wind you up if thats what you think! Its just something that has happened, so when i came across the post which contained comments about concord and our supporters i thought i would let you know.

Originally Posted By: JAY
I have to be honest I think Concord doing well in the area would be good for the area and as well a local rival for canvey.

However I find that the Canvey fan who supported and went Park Lane for 30 years and now swtiched alligence to concord because they play better football is a disgrace in my view. 30 years of watching Canvey which in my view in some of the 30 years had played some good football and got to as far as the conference and when I seen Canvey play at some games have played nice footie on the floor etc yet after winning promotion last season and now goes over to concord. Thats like me going over to Romford because Hx play rubbish football is ludicrus. Some matches I seen last season we didnt play well but that dont make me go somewhere else. Its more than just the playing side of football like at HX the fans are like a community everyone knows each other, its good valuable for money and the amosphere (sorry if spelt wrong) is good at HX which in my view attracts fans.But Im sure that what Canvey lose to Concord , Canvey will gain more than they lost to concord tbh.

As for One Breast good luck next season in ryman north ambition for a coach is very important in my view but as Glen said earlier on in 1 post you should try and not rush your way up the leagues but good luck once again I think the Ryman north will be weaker next season without Dartford, Canvey, Wivenhoe with their money,redbridge now holdsworth has gone and sudbury moving leagues would certainly have weakend that league

as opposed to switching from barking to hornchurch? or hornchurch to barking and back to hornchurch? grin

onebreat stop blowing your own trumpet and make me some milk

Originally Posted By: JJSCRFC
BTW no one said that the fan made the switch due to his opinion regarding the football being played between the two sides. His reasoning may have been a completly different matter.

And CRFC BOSS is the chairman not the coach!

Really? Oh well I must have misinterpreted this then...

Quote:
It may not have been many, however we have taken a small group of your support during last season including one guy who has been watching your club for over 30years every season home and away who claims that our side 'plays the better football and are better to watch' (his words not mine, although i do agree).
I obviously hope and believe that over the next couple of seasons we can take supporters away from canvey but i agree that it would be hard for us to do so.
Only time will tell.

Ribbit no one cares if anyone believes the story or not. Im not making anything up just to wind you up if thats what you think! Its just something that has happened, so when i came across the post which contained comments about concord and our supporters i thought i would let you know.

I don't think you're making it up, no. I think he was, or greatly exaggerating. I cannot believe for a moment that someone would be so flippant as to disregard a club after thirty years, regardless of reason. The idea of someone moving their support because they happen to think Concord play better football is just laughable (the moving their support, not the quality of the football). If I thought like that I'd've been in Moscow last night.

Is it only the Players and Chairman from CRFC who post on the message boards..

Do you not have any real supporters that are willing to post there views?!! Oh no you don't do you..!

Supportwise its tough to build a bigger fan base from the Island as we all well know.. CIFC has the History, Name, Sucess, Facilities and Club Structure to ensure our loyal fans stay with the club and the appeal to attract small pockets of new ones..

That's why i can't see CRFC attracting any of our support.

Just my view...

Originally Posted By: Ribbit
BTW no one said that the fan made the switch due to his opinion regarding the football being played between the two sides. His reasoning may have been a completly different matter.

And CRFC BOSS is the chairman not the coach!

Really? Oh well I must have misinterpreted this then...

Quote:
It may not have been many, however we have taken a small group of your support during last season including one guy who has been watching your club for over 30years every season home and away who claims that our side 'plays the better football and are better to watch' (his words not mine, although i do agree).
I obviously hope and believe that over the next couple of seasons we can take supporters away from canvey but i agree that it would be hard for us to do so.
Only time will tell.

It says that he 'claims we play better football and are better to watch' not that he switched because of that.

It says that he 'claims we play better football and are better to watch' not that he switched because of that.

Yep, well I see that now. Since now reason is given though, what am I supposed to think?

I have indeed been to Thames Rd as a player and for private functions in the past..

I agree you do have the benefit of being able to make revenue from private functions etc but from a football ground angle i would say it was pretty basic.. Just my view!

Saying that i have always enjoyed and been made welcome when visting..

Guest MOB Snr
Originally Posted By: CRFC BOSS
Thankyou Ken !

Shedboy have you ever been to Thames Road ?

We have a better set up and revenue streams than most !

With scope to develope further as and when needed.

YES BUT IT F^CKING STINKS!!

OH BOY DOES IT STINK!!

RUB DOG CRAP UNDER YOUR NOSE BEFORE YOU GO IN AND IT WILL DILUTE THE STINK!!!!

This is another example of the clubs chairman running the forum, their supporters are either non existent or stiffled, the forum is almost entirely run by the club.

It has to be for the club to survive, CIFC on the other hand staff and officials almost never post on the SUPPORTERS forum!!

That is how we are building a foundation and not buying one!!

Imagine when we get our new club house and can draw in additional finances on top of our large fanbase!!!!!