Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Player changes!

Guest MOB Snr

Guest MOB Snr

As the season has drawn to a close and we face a new tougher challenge, I suspect most of our developing players will grow into the Ryman Prem.

We will almost certainly lose a couple and will need to gain a few. People are starting to come available, who are we going to sign, who might we lose or let go??

My first thought is!

Will Wardy return?

Who would you like to see at the lane??

We must definately keep: Wiseman, Capleton, West, Wall, Halle, Bourne, Stuart, Gordon, Fanibuyan, Dobinson, Luck, Jay Curran & Rugg.

I feel we can afford to lose Edgar, Batch and Francis.

I'm in two minds about Corbell & Blewer. If they don't eat too much into the wage budget we could keep them on as fringe players brought in as cover for injuries/suspensions, (depending on who we bring in too). I really don't know about Crow either, not sure if he could start as many games in the Ryman Premier.

My only problem with Kreyling and Danny Curran is how injury prone they are. They are top players when on form, but one knock and they're out for months - Not sure if we could afford to keep them on in that state.

The other question is whether the likes of Jay Curran & Clyde Roberts are happy to sit on the bench, because I honestly think Lucky deserves a place in the first XI and I can't see Clyde starting ahead of Leon on the right or Halle or Fanibuyan in the middle.

If everyone was free to play, I could see from the players we already have a team like this:

------------- Wiseman --------------

-- West - Wall - Dobinson - Stuart --

Gordon - Fanibuyan - Halle - D. Curran

---------- Luck - Rugg -----------

SUBS: Mel, Blewer, Roberts, Bourne, J. Curran.

Guest MOB Snr

Blewer for me is one for the future, as for Crowe we cannot lose that experience, even if we only get half a year out of him it will be worth keeping him for his overall contribution to the club as well as the team!

In terms of players I would like to see at the club, Basilricay have just released Danny Kerrigan and Darren Blewitt who are good players.

Kerrigan is a decent left back so that would take the weight off Crow and Blewitt is a centre back who was formerly with West Ham.

Question of whether we can afford them as both were probably on a fair wage at the Basils.

James Rowe at Sudbury is another I would like to see join us.

I certainly don't want to see Edgar or Francis leave, but Stuart Batch should never have played for us in the first place.

I agree with MOB, in keeping Crow. He can do a job when needed, but it doesn't have to be every week.

Guest MOB Snr

What is the problem with Batchy, he is committed and a fallback when we need him. He is never going to be in Johns first line up.

I am sure he could get regular football at an ESL club. I am sure he is involved in the club because of John and is willing to do his dad a favour when needed.

Why would we let him go, he does no harm and on the odd occasion when we need him he is willing to pull on a shirt?

Because our squad is so young I am sure we do not need loads of new faces, I wouldnt mind seeing an aggressive midfielder to help support our younger players.

The problem with Batchy? He's an utter waste of space. I said it the moment I first saw him play (against Hornchurch in the League Cup last year) and I haven't changed my mind. He struggles to control the ball, to pass the ball and even run in a straight line.

He's also a bloody clown. You lot might find it funny when he's sliding around all over the shop, but I don't. I find it an insult to the rest of the squad who work bloody hard. Make no mistake about it, the only reason he is at the club is because John is his dad. He certainly doesn't get there on merit.

Every time he has played this season, we've had a better player on the bench. Even if that wasn't possible in the future, we must have better players in the reserve team.

I feel sorry for the rest of our squad every time he steps foot on the pitch. I've really got nothing but resentment for him.

To be honest I think we only really need squad players for next season. We don't have a position anywhere on the field as of yet, that we all say must have a new face or is the team's weak link. This season we were crying out for a defensive midfielder. Halle came back and filled that slot, from there we went onwards and upwards.

Any signing that can uproot an already established first XI player from his place will be a great one, but I can't think of anywhere that needs strenghtening.

Plus I am actually really excited to see who we promote from the Reserves too.

Oh yeah, I've changed my opinion of Halle, by the way. It took me about two games after he came back from injury/suspension after returning to us. I'm very pleased with him now.

I suppose we'll have to wait and see who, if anyone, leaves us, before we can start talking about who we need.

Guest MOB Snr
Originally Posted By: Ribbit
The problem with Batchy? He's an utter waste of space. I said it the moment I first saw him play (against Hornchurch in the League Cup last year) and I haven't changed my mind. He struggles to control the ball, to pass the ball and even run in a straight line.
He's also a bloody clown. You lot might find it funny when he's sliding around all over the shop, but I don't. I find it an insult to the rest of the squad who work bloody hard. Make no mistake about it, the only reason he is at the club is because John is his dad. He certainly doesn't get there on merit.
Every time he has played this season, we've had a better player on the bench. Even if that wasn't possible in the future, we must have better players in the reserve team.

I feel sorry for the rest of our squad every time he steps foot on the pitch. I've really got nothing but resentment for him.

Harsh and unfair!

John shows him no favouratism, while I agree he is not Ryman Prem standard, he is not a waste of space. Nobody that wears the shirt is a waste of space or a clown.

We are not a pro club, we are a local family club and we may have people around because they contribute off the pitch as well as on it. Stuart is a really nice lad well respected by the players and supporters.

How you can resent him I dont understand, you are obviously further from the club than I realised, maybe you should pop into the bar and chat to John or some off the players sometimes and you might get a feel for things!!

That hardly makes any sense. This isn't park football. Why the hell should players be kept around if they don't do anything on the pitch?

John shows him plenty of favouritism. I didn't think he'd be the sort of manager to do that, but as he constantly plays his son, I have been forced to change my mind.

MOB - You are spot on there!

Ribbit - I personally think your comments are out of order..

To be honest im pretty certain there will be a number of players leaving / moving clubs during pre season, thats football..

We certainly need experienced and physically strong players for next season.. Ryman Premier football is going to be tough there is no doubt but im sure John will bring in the right players to ensure we compete during the season.

Without doubt we ideally need a 25 goals a season forward but as normal they cost wages wise..

Also would love a new keeper, saying that Mel done a great job over the last few weeks of the season..

To be honest Wardy wont be back, especially after winning all the Chelmsford City Club awards.

Originally Posted By: ShedBoy
MOB - You are spot on there!

Ribbit - I personally think your comments are out of order..

To be honest im pretty certain there will be a number of players leaving / moving clubs during pre season, thats football..

We certainly need experienced and physically strong players for next season.. Ryman Premier football is going to be tough there is no doubt but im sure John will bring in the right players to ensure we compete during the season.

Without doubt we ideally need a 25 goals a season forward but as normal they cost wages wise..

Also would love a new keeper, saying that Mel done a great job over the last few weeks of the season..

To be honest Wardy wont be back, especially after winning all the Chelmsford City Club awards.

About Wardy never say never as hes getting on now and heard from a mate of mine who supports chelmsford that they are looking to bring near enough a new squad

Talked to Jeff King after the Redbrdige game, about possibility of Wardy's return. We couldn't afford him end of, would be great to have him back though for his twilight years.

re the first couple posts in the string; Crow is a pre-requisit for next season.

Guest MOB Snr
This isn't park football. /quote]

This aint the Prem either, this is a local side using local lads to get to the highest level you can.

This has been the whole point with Arsenal, why pay to watch France reserves, non league football aint about that, sounds to me you are looking for pure football, not your local team doing well.

I want to watch local lads playing for their local club and Canvey Island FC do it for me, I want to see local lads beat local rivals.

Otherwise I may as well go and see a prem side!!

Originally Posted By: MOB Snr

This aint the Prem either, this is a local side using local lads to get to the highest level you can.

This has been the whole point with Arsenal, why pay to watch France reserves, non league football aint about that, sounds to me you are looking for pure football, not your local team doing well.

I want to watch local lads playing for their local club and Canvey Island FC do it for me, I want to see local lads beat local rivals.

couldnt put that better myself MOB

Batchy doesn't get paid to play for Canvey, and whenever he does play he is always 100% committed. He's not the best player in the squad, but playing for a place in central midfield against Clydie, Ryan, Gab, and Halle, he'd have to be extremely good to get in. If John Batch was showing any favouritism then surely he would have given Stuart a place in the starting line up?

At the end of the day, it's all about having a good squad that falls within the wage budget. Having people like Stuart in there who will do a good job when asked upon who plays for Canvey simply because he wants to is, in my opinion, a sign of what the club has to offer in the bigger picture.

One thing that doesn't help is getting on the backs of players who have ALL just earned us promotion to the Ryman Premier!

The one player that I thought was head and shoulders over everyone else I've seen this season was Gavin Johnson at Bury Town, but I see he's just signed a new contract. Other than that, I'm sure that Batchy will bring in the right players. After all, who had heard of Gabriel Fanibuyan before last season.... laugh

Originally Posted By: MOB Snr

I've got nothing against local players and I don't know why you think I have. I've just got something against players who do absolutely nothing for the team. (EDIT - Also, while we're talking about local players, I was one of the people utterly dismayed that our youth team was based in Romford with players from London, rather than local players.)

However, I didn't know he wasn't being paid.

For what it's worth, I don't watch Premiership football. I don't watch any football other than ours.